Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My special offer for Dec 2 thru Dec 8, 2020 “Listen Better”

Discussion in 'Business Management' started by Robert Armerding, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Robert Armerding

Robert Armerding Merchant Member

Mar 3, 2017
    San Jose, CA
    Free bonus. Just this morning, I learned a new awesomely simple tactic and I want to pass it on to you.
    • Whenever you start a new conversation, take out your pad of paper and pen, and in the upper right-hand corner, write the word listen.
    Reminder. As a merchant member, I am allowed to have one special offer per week, so here it is.

Training your ear to be swift.
    • $49 one time fee for as many five-minute to fifteen-minute sessions as you need to master four awesomely simple questions.
    • I will be your practice partner.
    • And, if you don’t see a huge improvement in your listening skills, you owe nothing.
    Robert Armerding

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    Tags:
  2. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Never thought there could be a black Friday sale on Listening. I guess you can buy anything online these days.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bubba06

Bubba06 Just Somebody

Feb 13, 2005
    Manning SC
    My wife can argue with me all day, and at the end I have no idea what she was fussing about.
    I like NOT listening!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Ya oughta mosey on into the thread titled, Boudica. There's a whole lotta listening going on in there !!!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    I'm ready! listen.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Pauly

Pauly Colour Guru

Feb 14, 2016
    Melbourne
    I think I'll stick with my selective hearing.

7. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Boudica

Boudica Active Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA

• Like Like x 3
  9. White Haus

White Haus Formally known as RJPW..........

Apr 6, 2018
    Winnipeg
    Seems to be the theme of the year, doesn't it?

10. Robert Armerding

Mar 3, 2017
    San Jose, CA
    Good catch. Thank you.

11. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England

12. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    upload_2020-12-2_15-35-12.png

13. Boudica

Boudica Active Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Robert Armerding

Mar 3, 2017
    San Jose, CA
    First things first. Thank you to all of you who have read this thread. I appreciate that you took some of your valuable time to consider what this is all about. And, for those who have had some fun with it, glad you had something to enjoy in these difficult times.

Now, here is the business outcome.
    Listen better and you will make more money.

And, everything on your way to making more money will improve. It all starts with how much you listen better. That is the first step. Yes, there are other steps, but if your listening skill does not improve, all those other steps will be much more difficult. Make it easy on yourself, Listen better.

15. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    If I would of listened to people, I wouldn't be an entrepreneur. **** listening to people

16. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I believe most people feel that way. When I told my family and friends I was gonna go out on my own and start a business, they all told me not to. They all made a lotta sense and had great points, but I knew better and refused to listen. A year into it, they all said, what are ya gonna do when you run outta friends and relatives to buy signs ?? Well, here we are..... 49 years later and other than this pandemic covid19 stuff, it's still going nicely. A little slim lately because of uncontrollable things, but that's been there, at me since I started. Ya just move/push on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Very Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    You just have to choose what you do with the information you receive but listen to it all. Wise people understand the stress that starting a business puts on people, families and relationships which may be the root of their advice. It's not always about money.
    My parents all told me not to do it and my business was a dumb idea. 2 years into it my wife joined in because it was losing money. I almost went out and got a night job to appease her. It finally turned the corner but I'm lucky that she did not divorce me yet.

18. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Now, just listen to yourself. Mind you, this is all about listening and what you choose to do with said gained knowledge.

You said you're lucky she didn't divorce you, yet, but have you ever thought about how she feels ?? Does she feel lucky she's still married to you and didn't have the guts to bag your a$$ ?? Does she feel stuck..... in a rut ?? C'mon man, there's always a second side to the story. :eek:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Boudica

Boudica Active Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    We do know she doesn't like it when he whistles the theme song to Inspector Gadget.... :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Very Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    I was trying to serenade her with my whistling but she just doesn't appreciate the raw talent. Gino, she is far from lucky but if you rub my belly I will whistle a song for you too

• OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1