• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

National average wages/pay scale for a sign installer?

MrDesignGuy

What's stopping you?

Competition in my city I guess? There are about 10 other sign companies in our town and about 3 or 4 of them have been around for 15-20 years or longer. I think it would be difficult to start a business from the ground up. The main reason besides my hard work in this position that this business is able to keep up with the competition is because of the established customer base the company already had before deciding to add a sign division. Also, i guess it overwhelms me a bit at the thought of getting a small business loan in order to get my own shop started, with the risk it would go under quickly. I guess that's a chance that we all have to take, and I assume many of you sign shop owners all had to take that risk as well in order to be where you are at today. I have a graphic design degree that's being wasted, yet I can't really pursue that avenue much either unless I move to another city or state as those positions are a dime a dozen around here, rarely are there ever openings.

WrapperX

It more or less sounds like you know what you need to do. It's just that you want someone else to make it clear.

Time to fish or cut bait.