• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Billboard design feed back ASAP!!

HulkSmash

Got a billboard going up this week. it's 50x15' on a nice busy highway.
It's actually sitting right in front of a red light as well... perfect location only about 3 minutes from us...

anyways beat me the heck up with this design. It needs to be GREAT.

The Stand out Increase sales, is a 3d pop off the original space.

Right now we want to advertise the wrap side of our business, we'll change it out every other month with something different.

thanks ahead of time. Now.. shred me apart.

this thing is due today.

Attachments

• bill.jpg
    bill.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 124

jkdbjj

First thing I noticed, is the tear away doesn't seem to be effective, only because it is hard to seem which side it is tearing from. I have seen this on a few wraps before, and sometimes it works and others it didn't. It almost just looks like a roll of something rather than a tear away. How can it be tweaked differently?

briankb

Premium Subscriber
change the periods on "STAND OUT." to bullets or diamonds like "STAND OUT • INCREASE SALES" or just "Stand Out = Sales" or "Stand out to Increase Sales!"

The shading on Don't Be Boring.. is odd. I would say something like "free ad space" and a down arrow to the vehicle or something similar. the problem with don't be boring... most people are and even if you tell them they don't believe you. but most can probably understand that a giant white space on their vehicle is the same as an ad.

I would loose the blue textured background as it competes with your cool van wrap example. it shouldn't be white but with a blue background the blue wrap is like camouflage.

Billct2

The thumbnail test all I see is "Don't Be Boring" and "Vehicle Wraps".
even with time at a stop light I think it needsa to be simpler.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Even with a stop light, that is way too much to read. You have enough info for about 3 billboards.

sar bossier

Adam - What is the average speed on the highway? How good is the visibility @ the light? Depending on the highway speed, I PERSONALLY think it is too busy - I like the design but think you won't adequately get your message across in the small amount of time it can be seen at traffic speed. Not an issue with the light, WHEN IT's RED, but I TRY to look at billboards on the highway all of the time, and MOST of them I pass before I finish reading them. This is JUST MY OPINION ...

wildside

i personally think it has way to much going on, i wouldn't give it a second look

sitting at a light to read it is one thing, but still too wordy for sure, i looked at it for about 10 seconds, and i cannot tell you anything that was written on it right now, passing motorists may have less time than that

ddarlak

Go Bills!
the vehicle just doesn't 'pop' off the ad like it should, kinda looks like your lost in traffic....

add red to it somewhere...

jkdbjj

Ah I see now, the left side of the tear away has a lot of shadow under it, so it appears to tear in the wrong direction. Would it help to lose some of the drop shadow on the left side?

Reason this happens, is because on the right side next to the roll tear area, the graphic is quite dark and blue.

Letterbox Mike

I'm not liking the tear-away either, it's hard to really tell what it is, and it eats up a lot of valuable space. I'd make it look more like the right 2/3s of the design are a vinyl print being "applied" over the left third if that makes sense.

Also, the drop shadow behind DONT BE BORING needs to go, doesn't pass the squint test.

Stand out. Increase Sales. doesn't really stand out to me, it gets lost up there being half cut off.

All in all I think it's too busy, especially for a billboard. I'd go back to the drawing board and try to simplify this by 50%.

ucmj22

Id get rid of the tear away and everything to the left of it. use the added space to increase readability of everything else.

jkdbjj

Rule according to design experts are drop shadows are a no no on actual texts, but ok on shapes that hold text. some food for thought.

HulkSmash

WAY too much, i know, i know. About to remove a tona crap.

as for the tear away... kinda wanted to make it look like the bored was being wrapped.... fail on my part.

thanks everyone

tsgstl

40% of it is advertizing "don't be boring" too much?
maybe have a vehicle you actually wrapped instead of a render? Might be tough to get a client to agree but then again maybe they would be excited for the exposure.

I don't know good for you for having this. I'd have my entire family out for some pics after it went up haha kudos!

jkdbjj

Also, focus on three things perhaps:
1: Verbiage of Vehicle Wraps
2: Image of a Vehicle Wrap
3: How to get a hold of you

Don't try to be so slick, your work will sell itself.

As it is right now, those three points make up less then 50% of the available space.

Good luck!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'll wait for the revised version, as this one won't make it on a billboard anywhere, except an old drive-in movie theater.

Is this gonna be on an LED board or posted ??

In either direction, remember, 5 to 7 words is enough. 9 will never be read nor remembered.

Also, work on your colors, that's gonna be hard to see, let alone decipher under certain conditions.

Circleville Signs

My thoughts -

As others have said - too much happening. Your big "buzzword/call to action" part is totally lost. You want to get people's attention with that part. You aren't selling wraps - you are selling results. Draw people's attention to the results.

CheapVehicleWrap

Agreed, too much happening. You'll get it soon, relax & come back to it.

Don't discount the driving traffic! Many more driving than waiting at a light... this isn't Jersey you know.

Overall the part that sucks the most is it's yours and not mine :)