• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Billboard design feed back ASAP!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Here's something I tried. It would probably work better if the background wasn't white, but I can't be everywhere............ :frustrated:

Attachments

• colorwrap billboard.jpg
    colorwrap billboard.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 115

HulkSmash

Thank-you everyone for your imput! Working up some other ideas. Neato.. really like your simple Idea thanks...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
No time to lay this out but what about a sea of bland white vans fading off into the horizon with your wrapped van right in the middle standing out with a glow that fades the white vans around it a little more?
Just your web contact bold along the bottom being the only text.

wayne k
guam usa

royster13

IMO an absolute waste of money.......B2B sales needs to be driven by sales calls and very targeted marketing.....Billboards are for selling beer and pizza......

HulkSmash

IMO an absolute waste of money.......B2B sales needs to be driven by sales calls and very targeted marketing.....Billboards are for selling beer and pizza......

You think so? I got inspired to do this because PROWRAPS has generated 10's of THOUSANDS off of his. besides.. 1100 a month isn't going to kill us.

When it comes to marketing.. you never know if something is going to work...until you spend the money to do it.

jkdbjj

Other thing about Neatos is it is positive. All your mocks so far have had negative motivators, so consider your audiences appeal. Are you trying to scare them into calling you or invite them?

HulkSmash

Other thing about Neatos is it is positive. All your mocks so far have had negative motivators, so consider your audiences appeal. Are you trying to scare them into calling you or invite them?

You are so random...

who exactly is arguing that...? I can read what others say. Thanks.

grafixemporium

Still way too much going on for a billboard. It's gotta be short and sweet. One quick message. You only have a moment to communicate.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you considering billboard advertising? I really feel that billboards are only effective for larger companies who can afford to use billboards as a backup to a larger marketing plan. Billboards are not good brochures. They are great for reinforcing a brand or product... but not much more than that.

Depending on the billboard you are considering renting space on, I feel your money would likely be much better spent renting a giant box truck for a few months, wrapping that with the design on your billboard mockup and driving it around town all day, every day.

Andrew

CheapVehicleWrap

You think so? I got inspired to do this because PROWRAPS has generated 10's of THOUSANDS off of his. besides.. 1100 a month isn't going to kill us.

When it comes to marketing.. you never know if something is going to work...until you spend the money to do it.

YEP. It would be 10x that here.

grafixemporium

Neato's idea is the best in the thread. However, my issue with Neato's concept is that it's maybe a little too abstract for a billboard. Being in the vehicle wrap business, I know how many calls a day we get from people who want to get paid to drive around with someone else's stuff on their car. I don't know who ever thought that was a good idea... but I'm tired of telling people we don't do that. This billboard concept might create more buzz from people you don't want buzz from. I really feel your money would be better spent in other areas. Direct mail to new businesses, box truck wrapped and on the road, etc.

Andrew

cdiesel

I agree with Andrew.. I think one reason Chris' is working so well is the location--it's on a major highway that MANY of his target clients drive on everyday, thus creating brand awareness. Then one day when they're Googling around they see his name and bam.

Either way, the thing's gotta be short & sweet.

Vehicle Wraps
Colorado Signs.com

Done.
I wouldn't even put a photo on it.

tsgstl

what about

"DRIVE your Billboard"

change the fonts and whatnot

sorry I have beer and 4 more hours of printing and cutting the same file, I'm bored

Attachments

• colo.jpg
    colo.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 98

HulkSmash

Remember, take everything PROWRAPS says with a grain of salt.

Scratch that.

You'll probably need a spoonful.

;)

Andrew

LMAO. So true Andrew.

but yeah....I was talking to him on the phone a couple weeks back, and he beeped over to someone who was calling about his billboard

No seriously though. I was always wanting to to try doing a billboard. We've grown so much in the past 2 years... that i think we can handle anything it does... or doesn't throw at us.

I think That chris.. the az chris is right. Branding is powerful.. I might go much simpler.. we'll see tomorrow.. when i feel like working on it again.. i told them i cant have it till tomorrow..so i have a bit more time.

thanks again to everyone who put time into this.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
how about something like "meet your new best friend." and that is colorado signs.

I agree that all you need is a web url. I noticed a coro sign on the corner not far from my house. it was using a stupid font with a shadow and had a pair of boxing gloves the word "boxing" and a phone number. I keep trying to take a picture of it so I can call when I get home but can't do it for some reason. obviously if I tried a little I could remember the number... but if it was longcityboxing.com or something super simple i would probably know more by now and maybe even setting up a lesson or match. URL's don't have to be short just easy to remember. even borderline tards can remember the name of our city and boxing if they are interested but 10 random digits... and the area code is not even ours.

I think billboards are a good idea. I also like the idea of direct marketing. I think once your billboard has been up, 2 weeks, send out a direct mail piece to help people remember and if they are near a phone (at the office right? ) you will probably get a call.

It would be interesting if you follow this post up once you get things going and let us know how it has or hasn't worked for you.