Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Need help after reinstalling Onyx

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by Nickprints, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Nickprints

Nickprints Member

Aug 20, 2018
    Ma
    Hey all Long time watcher of the forum here. We recently reinstalled Onyx Gammaprint Rip queue version 12.2. We are able to print images that are already ripped, and even reprocess old jobs that were previously imported before the reinstall (move from bottom to top). When I try to Import new PDFs from our Art folders as we have always done it doesnt bring the file into the rip queue and no errors are given. If anyone has any experience with this issue I would love to hear from you.

Tags:
  2. When I have this issue with Thrive it is usually due to Onyx not seeing the file extension on a file created on a Mac; usually adding the extension to the file on the windows RIP PC resolves it for me.

3. Nickprints

Nickprints Member

Aug 20, 2018
    Ma
    Thanks for the response! I attempted to go back in and delete the retype .pdf without any luck. I appreciate the shot at it tho!

4. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    What process are you using to print them? Hot folders or file - open? Hot folders would probably need re-done with a fresh install?

5. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    You could check to see if it's a corrupt file by moving all the jobs out of the Work folder and rebooting.

6. Nickprints

Nickprints Member

Aug 20, 2018
    Ma
    You and I had the same thought process, Deleted the entire contents of the work folder (which was hidden well) and restarted the tower to no avail. Currently trying to reinstall Onyx again.

7. Nickprints

Nickprints Member

Aug 20, 2018
    Ma
    File and open Variety

8. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    You could try running the install file again and select "repair".
    Are there any errors listed in the RIP?