• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help getting a used Mimaki UCJV300 running again

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
I use a union barb fitting to pull the main cable chain stretch in. Can also try some tape. For bottle tank all the way to the main line, I just replace section by section, so I only have to measure one part at a time. Just use factory tubing (or known good aftermarket), less chance of things going wrong.

HGdesign

- Got the new ink tubing today, and installed it to replace the black in line.
- Cleared all white lines with syringe and was able to get the white valves to clear as well and start dripping when pressed.
- Made a big mistake to not clean out the white circulating pumps. I was about to check them and see if they need cleaning, and then thought, they will be ok and will squeeze out the small amount of ink in them. Big mistake. Machine turned on and went into "Refressing mode" and those circulation pumps kicked on for the first time. Made a squuueeeeerch noise and broke the tubing inside and white ink stated leaking out from them. The machine kept going with the "Refresshinng " on the display with no option to exit or cancel, etc. I tried to contain the leak to best of my ability, but ended up being quite a mess. Lesson learned, don't skip checking on the pumps when machine has been unused for months.
- Anyway, I see you have some tips on other posts that the silicone tube can be replaced inside those. I'd like to try that now that I'm cleaning up the mess there anyway. Really don't want to wait another 4 days for parts just to move forward one step, and repeat.
- Question for you is about the specific tubing used on those white pumps. You said something about make sure it is the right pump tubing. Is there are particular type of tubing needed there? If you have a link to any exact type of tubing webpage, please let me know. I will check local hardware options, as well as possibly amazon to see if I can continue this weekend.
Thank you again !

Smoke_Jaguar

Solventinkjet sells the tubing on his site by the foot. Clean the pump body out and regressed it with silicone grease. Fittings are reusable, can use a small zip tie as a hose clamp if need. Buying random tubing is about an 80% failure rate. Speaking from experience there.

kehall

Deficiency Debugger
Question for you is about the specific tubing used on those white pumps. You said something about make sure it is the right pump tubing. Is there are particular type of tubing needed there?

Glad to see you're making progress! I believe the correct tubing is Platinum Cured Silicone - I would get this from a reputable supplier (not Amazon as there's a greater chance of getting something that is falsely described). Plain silicone tube is not up to the grade and will split quickly in comparison. If in doubt, follow Smoke_Jaguar's advice and get from Solventinkjet.

HGdesign

Thank you, will get that tubing asap. Question about the regressing: - Am I greasing the surface of the tubing where the rollers ride against it? OR is the greasing only at the mechanical points of friction where the rollers rotate against the carriage, and gears, etc. BUT no grease on the tubing itself.

HGdesign

Thank you. Is there a special grease; If you have a link to the grease, that would be appreciated.
- For today, I did a temporary repair with a temporary tubing just so I can keep testing while waiting on more parts.
- The good news is I was able to get the white circulating, and I believe the black flow is restored as well.
- The bad news is now I got an ERROR 61Aa InkOverflow on Cyan and Magenta.
- Visually checked the + / - Air lines above the subtank area. They look visually clean ( see photo)
- Tried maintenance / Overflow 3 times and error is still there.
- When I do the Overflow function, sounds like the waste ink pump is trying to get ink out, but I do not see more than a few drops of ink fall into the waste tank.
- When I look carefully, I think I see an air gap between the head and the capping station during that function. So I guess it's not trying to create any suction, just gravity dripping any ink out of head?
Please let me know your suggestions for this error. So sorry, I keep asking for help with one error after another.
Thank you so much !

Last edited:

HGdesign

Here are the photos of the top air tubes, and the error

Attachments

• IMG_5080.jpg
    IMG_5080.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5079.jpg
    IMG_5079.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27

HGdesign

And an unrelated question: Does the printer require ink replacement when the chip says the ink is finished? I have one ink showing that 10% level, even though the bottle is easily 50% or more full. Wondering if it will use it up, or just go based on the chip saying it's finished.

Smoke_Jaguar

Can just keep running on 10% for a while.

As for the ink overflow, a common error to get when working on printer. Should clear up when lines are cleared and ink/vacuum system is up and running properly.

HGdesign

Can just keep running on 10% for a while.

As for the ink overflow, a common error to get when working on printer. Should clear up when lines are cleared and ink/vacuum system is up and running properly.
Am I able to run cleaning cycles, or printhead tests etc. while the 61A error is there? Or does the error have to clear before any other steps can be taken
Thank you

Smoke_Jaguar

Will not let you do that, but can clear it with an overflow maintenance cycle. If it doesn't clear, there might be damage to the subtank.

HGdesign

- Are there any tests I can do to verify if the subtank is ok or needs replacement?
- And is this photo of the air lines above the head the area you were recommending I inspect for ink?

Smoke_Jaguar

Air lines are fine, the color is the markings for pressure (orange) and vacuum, (blue). If your black lines are replaced and ink is able to flow to all channels, discharge and refill the subtanks to see if they complete the operations properly.

HGdesign

Is there a way I can backup parameters, and any other important data / settings on the machine ? I still have a concern what caused the station iv PCB to fail, and if there is risk of further PCB damage while I am trying to get things working. Just want to make sure I backup whatever I can to be on the safe side.

HGdesign

I was able to use a syringe at the air purge port to gently pull a few cc of C & M ink out. That finally clears the 61a errors and the machine finally booted up without any errors for the first time. Unfortunately the error free period was short lived as I came back after a break to begin cleaning cycles and possibly print head tests, but now I ended up with Error 61b again on CMY. The K actually seems to be happy with the new line, so not sure if I'll have to swap lines on the CMY as well. I tested the ink lines for all 3 (C,M,Y) again with a syringe and pulled all the ink out and put some maintenance liquid into those lines.
Will try again in the morning. Let me know if any other suggestions for 61b. Thank you !!

Smoke_Jaguar

Can flush the lines, but if the errors continue, I highly recommend subtanks. I keep one spare when working on these since they are usually the issue on ink supply issues.

HGdesign

- Do you recommend a specific grease for the pump/tubing rebuild? if you have a link to a grease I can order.
- About to begin subtank replacement. Any tips I should know while in there, or is it basically removal of all lines, and it lifts up from head?
Thank you