• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need your help testing on our wrap material

premiercolour

Merchant Member
It is about 1.5 feet x 1.5 feet. Not too big of a piece but if you can play around the glue, air release. I also include snake skin air release vinyl as well.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We got first feedback from a Las Vegas signs101 member. Looking forward to more comments, feedbacks please.

Nice Weekend

Francis

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Good days,

Can anyone update the use of the wrap sample we sent? We just move to a temperature conditioned warehouse.

Please post anything.

Francis

g&eprinting

OK
This stuff is pretty good.
No lamination
Oracal 3651 profile on Mutoh.
The color came out better than the pics.
Good stretch.
Doesn't feel too tacky until it hits substrate.
Was able to reposition.
Feels like LG vinyl.
Good half inch drop on blacked out Expedition tail light.
What do I know... Here's the pics.

First pic original file. Color matched real well. Pics not showing true color.
Caught a nice head strike, should have flattened out the vinyl first.

Attachments

• ge club promo flyers.jpg
    ge club promo flyers.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1066.jpg
    IMG_1066.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1067.jpg
    IMG_1067.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1068.jpg
    IMG_1068.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1069.jpg
    IMG_1069.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1071.jpg
    IMG_1071.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1073.jpg
    IMG_1073.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1074.jpg
    IMG_1074.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1075.jpg
    IMG_1075.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1076.jpg
    IMG_1076.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1078.jpg
    IMG_1078.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1079.jpg
    IMG_1079.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1080.jpg
    IMG_1080.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1081.jpg
    IMG_1081.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1082.jpg
    IMG_1082.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 62

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Got mine last week but we are swamped right now! I will test out as soon as I get some time and let you know how it goes.

Just out of curiosity....what thickness lam would this wrap material be matched with?

I wouldn't wrap anything unlaminated, so in order to test it out and give real world feedback I'll have to throw some laminate on there. I have Oracal 290, 3M 8519, and Avery 1360....would one of those simulate what you would be offering as a laminate?

We will be offering lam as combo. How about print and wrap without lamination? We want to know how easy the vinyl to be put on the car. The quality of the vinyl. Lamination we will worry about later.

Thanks,
Francis

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Hello Folks,

The vinyl are coming in early Jan 13. It is actually better grade of the ones we sent out as samples. From the same factory, same process just different substrate.

Are the samples treating you well? Any feed backs would be helpful.

heyskull

Hello Folks,

The vinyl are coming in early Jan 13. It is actually better grade of the ones we sent out as samples. From the same factory, same process just different substrate.

Are the samples treating you well? Any feed backs would be helpful.

So what was the point of sending samples out if the material you will be selling is now different?!!!
I think you better had start sending samples to who you originally sent samples to, so as to confirm it is "better".
Also if a supplier is sending a sample for wrap I always insist on a matching laminate. I have never used wrap without a laminate as it would be a ball-ache to fit without scratching.
This is a cut throat market so what guarantees will you be giving also how long have you tested it?

SC

premiercolour

Merchant Member
So what was the point of sending samples out if the material you will be selling is now different?!!!
I think you better had start sending samples to who you originally sent samples to, so as to confirm it is "better".
Also if a supplier is sending a sample for wrap I always insist on a matching laminate. I have never used wrap without a laminate as it would be a ball-ache to fit without scratching.
This is a cut throat market so what guarantees will you be giving also how long have you tested it?

SC

SC: Thank you for asking.

We are not a manufacturer. We import from a factory who's been in this same business for well over 20 years. We are not obligated to any of the products, to choose from 10 factories down to 1. It wasn't easy.

It is from the same factory who produced the previous samples. We are confident that this new material are well made so we went ahead, with limited feedbacks, put them on order - coming in Jan 2013 for everyone to try with enough length to play with.

This is not the most kick *** wrap vinyl out there like you wrap the car, the car will start thinking of its own. But rather, you know it is good product, you know you don't need to worry about the products because it is not 3M, Avery, Arlon or Oracal, rather a generic.

We always stand behind our products - except print heads(always sold as is). Warranty is three years, we will replace them next day if they are not caused by the owner. Specific warranty will be provided as the products were launching.

Have a nice day.

Fieldcenter
Visit www.yessolvent.com

lexsigns

Im just curious if anyone is making a reasonably priced good vinyl in the US?
I cant go shooting my mouth off about buying local if I am just looking for the
acceptable cheapest overseas product. I personally would pay more to buy American. I want to keep all the work here. Just me

premiercolour

Merchant Member

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Dear Signs101 Folks,

We are looking for ten USA wrapping professionals to test on our latest arrival Air Release vehicle wrap material calendared. Sample sheet is approx. 54"x5' + Lamination Film. We want to thank you for spending the time helping us to test the material by returning a pack of four AMC Gold tickets for a family night out if you can provide us a strong reviews on our material. We don't need to hear how well our products perform on your car. We want the true in-depth reviews.

Please email sales@fieldcenterusa.com for entrances. We will send out the testing material today.

Thank you and happy holidays.

g&eprinting: Please email us your address to receive the movie tickets.

Nice Day

Francis

jkdbjj

Car wrap vinyl is not reviewed or measured by testing a 5' sample. True test comes from days, months, years to see if it fades, peels, cracks or holds up.
If I saw a review on material that said "we tested a 5' piece, it held up well" I couldn't take it serious.
Nor do I suspect any serious wrap business will take it serious either, there is just too much at stake to try a material with such a weak testimonial.
I wish you the best on it, but my words are advice more than anything, to rethink how you are testing this stuff. No one will take these reviews seriously.

g&eprinting

Car wrap vinyl is not reviewed or measured by testing a 5' sample. True test comes from days, months, years to see if it fades, peels, cracks or holds up.
If I saw a review on material that said "we tested a 5' piece, it held up well" I couldn't take it serious.
Nor do I suspect any serious wrap business will take it serious either, there is just too much at stake to try a material with such a weak testimonial.
I wish you the best on it, but my words are advice more than anything, to rethink how you are testing this stuff. No one will take these reviews seriously.

I think you dropped your co co puffs. How do you think they test out a 2013 vehicle and give you a warranty on that.

And it's probably exactly how they are testing vinyl. All they need is a s sample then mimic years of sun and rain. Done in five minutes.

When they do the stretch test on vinyl is it on a car? No.

When they are testing a new vehicle is it on the street? No it's on a test track.

When you get a new vinyl in the shop are you holding it for 8 years or do you feel it and test it out. Print on it. Scratch it get it wet. Stretch it. Heat it.

You can pretty much tell with your hands when your holding trash vinyl. You think they do not have better ways of testing.

I'm confused.