• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Needing a Y Motor!!! Help please!

kyprinter

I purchased the cutter brand new in Jan. 08 and have not used is very often except for contour cutting on printed decals. I have a Roland I use 99% of the time for vinyl cutting. I recently moved it to another location after it sitting for several months not being used as I was going to start using it more. Hooked it up, turned it on and I get a Y Motor error. Tech support is telling me its the Y Motor only to find out, my cutter is obsolete after only 6 years and that they no longer make this particular Y motor. After doing some internet research, I have found that the Y Motor in the Graphtec are the same as my cutter, a Vinyl Express Q75, which is a "house" line for Sign Warehouse. Can anyone on here please tell me where I might be able to find a DMN37HE-003 Y Motor? This cutter is practically NEW and I hate that I won't be able to use it.

Thanks in advance!

Michelle

rturner381

Michelle, try contacting Sign Warehouse and asking for their parts department. You may want to try a GOOGLE search for the motor part number as well.

kyprinter

I did. Sign Warehouse Tech is who told me my cutter is obsolete and the motor is no longer available. I have googled and googled and googled (LOL) and can't find anything. Was just HOPING with everything I've got that someone on here might know of a cutter that has been scraped for other reasons that may have one laying around.

Techman

servo motors are all over the world. They come in all sizes and speeds and power.. It should be very easy to find a reasonable replacement.
You need voltage, resolution and power.

then you can find a replacement easily, they cost around 50 - 80 bux..

If you post some specs maybe someone can get one to you.