• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New guy here from Indiana

jchatman

Well it is nice to be apart of the group. I worked in a sign shop while I was in school. There I weeded and installed graphics. I learned a lot but I moved away to be with my girlfriend and now my wife. I got a job at a publishing company where I did stuff that really bored me. Luckly for me the business had a screen printing company. I transfered from one part of the business to the other. I was much happier there. Well, after a while me and my wife got married and moved back to our home town to be closer to the family and raise a family. Only job i could get was in a factory building seats. Now since it has been almost 10 years since the last sign I made I decieded to open up my own shop. I realy enjoy what I do. I like working for myself. It kinda stinks at times just starting out but I've been doing decals for friends and family and I been looking around at some old worn out signs and introduceing myself hoping to drum up some jobs.

Well thats it, oh like I said I'm still married and have two boys. Maybe one of them will take to the sign business and join me at work. I think I would like that. Thanks!:thankyou:

Techman

welcome to signs 101
and if you get a chance please PM to me yoru name address and other contact info
Thank you

Ken

OK...I'll be the devil....
Well..who do you have to contact other than knocking on doors?
You know..that has a VERY small percentage of success.
AND..you haven't mentioned the software that works for you or potential clients..that is HUGE....will you outsource the cutting/printing..or gonna go whole hog with machinery...storefront?
I'm just trying to see the other side of your optimism...Don't let me toss you an anchor...
Cheers!
Ken

Wildpony

Welcome from Minnesota. So where did you used to build seats at? I used to be the Purchasing Manager for a company that customized vehicles and a bought seats.