• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Here, Doin' Vinyl Since 1998

I'm probably the type of guy you hate...
I will do 50 "bandit" signs for $150, 1 C/S. I'll make a 1 color 2x8' banner for $48 on 10 oz. I have a low-rent space in a business incubator. Started as a home business in 1998 with a Roland CM-24 and traded it in in 2003 for a CX-300 when I got the biz out of my house.
No denying I'm feeding off the bottom, but what the heck, I make a fair living at it for about 7 years now.

gabagoo

So long as you are happy and making enough to survive; who am I to say that it is wrong. Slowly you may move up to be able to charge an appropriate amount for your work. I not sure how you make any money doing a banner for $48.00.

iSign

another lying troll... posting inflammatory comments just to start some fireworks.

No fool would settle for a "fair" living when he's leaving half the money he could have had laying on the table...

...well almost NO fool... if I'm wrong & this ain't a lying troll... we've found the one fool to set a new record of idiocy. (but I doubt it)

graphicoptions

low rent huh? we have those business incubators around here, you should charge what you will have to charge when the incubator period is over. How will you survive then on $48 banner. I could never pay my rent, equipment payments, turck payment, house payment, water , electric, phone, and health insurance, etc. on your pricess. A $48 banner will hardly buy you lunch. Good luck but I think you need to reevalute your pricing for the outside world.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
What wrong with bottom feeders?...the bigger fish need something to eat too, and there is nothing more tastier than a BFLT.....Bottom Feeder with lettuce and tomato sandwich, when the Bottom feeder is nice and lean, and the tomato is ripe....they're so perky. I love that

another lying troll... posting inflammatory comments just to start some fireworks.

No fool would settle for a "fair" living when he's leaving half the money he could have had laying on the table...

...well almost NO fool... if I'm wrong & this ain't a lying troll... we've found the one fool to set a new record of idiocy. (but I doubt it)

It's nice to meet you too sunshine.

What wrong with bottom feeders?...the bigger fish need something to eat too, and there is nothing more tastier than a BFLT.....Bottom Feeder with lettuce and tomato sandwich, when the Bottom feeder is nice and lean, and the tomato is ripe....they're so perky. I love that

I'd get stuck in your throat and choke you to death. Nice to meet you too!

low rent huh? we have those business incubators around here, you should charge what you will have to charge when the incubator period is over. How will you survive then on $48 banner. I could never pay my rent, equipment payments, turck payment, house payment, water , electric, phone, and health insurance, etc. on your pricess. A $48 banner will hardly buy you lunch. Good luck but I think you need to reevalute your pricing for the outside world.

I knock out a 2x8 1 color text/clip art banner in under 30 minutes and make about $30 over material cost. By my calculations, that's $60 per hour. Hardly chump change.

skyhigh

I see your in the USA too..... I guess that narrows it down a bit.
Knowing what part of the US you hail from, may give me an indication as to what kinda fish you are.

Maybe if you wern't a bottom feeder, you could have bought a solvent printer and cutter in 2003?

BFLT........probably.

I see your in the USA too..... I guess that narrows it down a bit.
Knowing what part of the US you hail from, may give me an indication as to what kinda fish you are.

Maybe if you wern't a bottom feeder, you could have bought a solvent printer and cutter in 2003?
I'd work on my spelling before I cast any stones friend.

Pro Image

I'm probably the type of guy you hate...
I will do 50 "bandit" signs for $150, 1 C/S. I'll make a 1 color 2x8' banner for $48 on 10 oz. I have a low-rent space in a business incubator. Started as a home business in 1998 with a Roland CM-24 and traded it in in 2003 for a CX-300 when I got the biz out of my house.
No denying I'm feeding off the bottom, but what the heck, I make a fair living at it for about 7 years now.

UH!!!!!!!!!! OK?:help:

wildside

I knock out a 2x8 1 color text/clip art banner in under 30 minutes and make about $30 over material cost. By my calculations, that's $60 per hour. Hardly chump change.

i may be wrong, but if you charge 60 an hour and it takes under 30 minutes, say 20 minutes to do a 2X8 banner while making 30 dollars over cost of materials, i don't get 48 bucks a banner

$20 to build banner, $1 a minute
$16 banner material roughly
$8 vinyl, generous
$4 transfer tape
=$48 dollars, now add your 30 dollars over costs, i get 78 bucks

your losing money in my book.....

Bigdawg

Just Me
Why would you choose to present yourself that way? I have pretty low prices in areas and have had some spirited debates here about that pricing. But I come here to learn, help where I can and talk to others who are in the same type of business. With that intro, I'm just wondering what you came for?

i may be wrong, but if you charge 60 an hour and it takes under 30 minutes, say 20 minutes to do a 2X8 banner while making 30 dollars over cost of materials, i don't get 48 bucks a banner

$20 to build banner, $1 a minute
$16 banner material roughly
$8 vinyl, generous
$4 transfer tape
=$48 dollars, now add your 30 dollars over costs, i get 78 bucks

your losing money in my book.....

I pay $7.92 for a 22"x8' 10 oz blank from Eagle Banners, with free shipping to boot!
150' of 24" Shinerite = $66. So 8'= $3.52 with free shipping too.

In my book, you are over paying for materials.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hot Digity Dog.

We’ve found a real sign maker in our ranks.

This person should be congratulated. At these new marvelous prices and I’m sure top notch designing skills, he will show us all how to make it, in the wonderful industry that we’ve all just been making too much darned money at….

For those of you boys and girls that have complained about not being able to charge enough, he’ll throw in his new CD… on lowball training for only an extra $14.99 in two easy installment payments.

I’m always willing to learn from someone that can show and prove to me that they know a better and faster way to do this kind of stuff and still not make a buck at it.

My Dad always said he admired a person that didn’t have to work hard for a living and still exist. He liked street bums and train hobos.

:Welcome:to:signs101: from PA.

Please post some of your work. I would like to see if I have a chance at this new approach !!

Last edited:

Sign Prophet

I dont get how you can Make any kind of living on those prices. Are you sure your not in mexico? OH and by the way, Thanks for taking the food out of my families mouth. Jerk