• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NEW I need a plotter and would like some help

cuztumfx

Hi everyone
I am new here
I have done custom auto painting and airbrushing for over 20 years
A guy I know in the sign business makes vinyl for me
I may be moving a long way off and want to buy a plotter cutter
I have been looking at graphtec, master , seikitech etc...
my funds are low and I want the best I can get for the money that will function good

a guy is offering me a Master for $700 I am waiting to hear from him on what model it is. I just contacted a chinese man in Nevada from a place called seikitech , he has a 34 inch for $414 delivered. sounds like it might be junk
Maybe not, does anyone have one or know of these ?

I can swing about 700 to 800 so can you point this beginner in the right direction ?

thanks
Larry
email
cuztumfx@yahoo.com

Jillbeans

Are you looking to cut paint mask?
Make pounce patterns?
How big of a cutter do you think you'll need?
Welcome from PA.
Love....Jill

cuztumfx

Thanks everyone for responding to a Newbie LOL
I will want to cut paint mask and some vinyl lettering for some customers boats ,maybe some signs, window graphics etc...

I am looking at some used ones too, just want to make sure they are in good working order

I was reading on this forum about some people that have Master models
Some says they cut loud but do work

I just called a company in Florida they have a tc 3000 and 5000 that come with flexi or signgo pro
they say sign go pro is better but I have heard Flexi 8.6 is better

Any help is appreciated
Any suggestions, my money is tight but going to get something
thanks
Larry
Cuz / cuztumfx

FatCat

Larry this discussion goes on frequently here. In short, get the best you can afford - most will tell you to get a used name-brand plotter (Roland, Graphtec or Summa).

Yes, you can cut vinyl with virtually any cutter. However, if you're from the auto painting biz you know the differences between a $30 gun from Harbor Freight and a $400+ professional gun. (Same deal with cutters)

jscarl

I will too Larry. The first cutter i had was a Roland. It cut itself to death. Talk to air art girl, she will not rip you off. Maby if you are nice to her, she might help with some software.????

ddarlak

Go Bills!
that PNC950 for $300 bucks was a steal...

thats as good as a new roland.

i had one of them, ran flawless

cuztumfx

plotter

Well I just got in and had a chance to come back to the thread
Ok LOL darrell and Darrell say its ok to get a plotter lol.

I wish I had seen the one at ebay but I was out running errands this eve

If Air Art Girl can fill me in on the model , price etc.... PM me with details
Thanks everyone

and Yep, I know to get quality it costs $
My funds are just too low at present but I want something to start out with

anyone heard of a Foison ?
Let me know Air Art Girl

Later all
Cuz / Larry

JPGraphics

I highly recommend the Roland PNC 1210 that Air Art Girl has for sale...

I bought one from her a while back and could not be happier. If you can, try not to pass on the Roland, especially to opt for a noisy unproven knockoff plotter...

Air Art Girl

sent you a PM

JP bought one of the 5 I had. Actually, all were sold to members here, one was sent to replace for a member that was a victim of a tornado. Just the one left.

Shipping is a bit due the fact that the stand does not break down to smaller pieces.

trik

You can't go wrong with Air Art Girl's, I had the same plotter, it cut more vinyl than it was probably supposed to...lol It was quite the work horse!! I currently have a 2 graphtec's and both run an amazing amount each month, not a problem with either in 4 years.

coastek

If buying used Roland or Graphtec, what would be the warranty? If the machine breaks, I guess parts should be expensive, and is there any free tech support for the used machine for a newbie?