• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new job

TheSnowman

Well, if you never leave, then you'll probably keep getting fired at, therefore, you aren't leaving the forum.

thesignguy1986

acrylic

if i were you i would defintally use acrylic which you can get in red...the light shines through very nicely but yet you can still read the sign as well...now if your printing the image why not use a clear plexiglass and just print a large transperant print? that would still be pretty reasonable and ow yeah go with aluminum its nice and they last...

good luck

WILLIAMS

you should have a chat with your lawyer about filing incorporation papers or the very least a fictitious name. it is illegal to conduct business in PA without doing so....

AiA

of course i like it.... no one here car read... the electical union has a ul rep that inspects for UL you make an appointment he comes out and inspects!!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THAT!!!! good lord people... READ BEFORE YOU COMMENT... and ill say it again... how i do business is in fact my business, it wont change... you can hate me all you want.. and as for the flex face... I worked in a place building signs... they give me the plans i bilt it went home and colected my paycheck once a week.. we did not use flex face, i did not own the company.. i went to work and came home.. we used acrylic for small jobs and lexon for big ones... sorry... i never heard of flex face.. i guess you can come and take me away for not knowing that... i think there are a few dead horses you have not beaten yet... and yes as a matter of fact my lawyer is a family member... and a damn good attorney... but hey i asked about aluminum and steel.. and a good substrate... HOW THE HELL YOU PEOPLE GOT US HERE ILL NEVER NO.. but me and everyone else down here reading this. cant seem to think anything but im glad you guys are my competition around here.. and since you can insult me so well... keep them coming.. cause at the end of the post... IM RIGHT... i asked for help wth choosing some materials.. ans some how where talking about permints? i did not bring that up, MY WORK HISTORY!! how the hell did we get there? how i price my signs? again i didnt bring that up? some how you want to know if i am related to my attorney? and what else.. oh yeah what color skittels my dog likes.. oh wait you didnt ask that.. well ill wait 4 minutes till some moron does.... thanks for making me feel smart

AiA

YO!!! FOX I AM AN LLC. what is your mission to shut me down now... haha this is great...

AiA

sign guy... thank you!!!! an intelegant post!!! and i agree with you on doing a full size print.. i think that is the way to go.. and i already started assembly on the aluminum... that post was much much appreciated and i think needed....

S

SignTech

AiA ..........

I want to personally thank you for being a member of Signs101 ... one of the most misunderstood misnomer names ... in the sign industry.

I want to thank you for being a sign company in Scranton PA and a competitor.

Welcome aboard.

AiA

well thanks DRUMMER that is awfully nice of you maybe me you and the indigo girls can go out ill by the drinks some night. :thumb:

WILLIAMS

hey! where's my shout out? i gave you an "intelegent" tip about not using green letters on the red bg. and no... you're not registered with the state to conduct business. quit the bs and we'll all get along.

iSign

...I worked in a place building signs...

...and colected my paycheck once a week..

...i did not own the company.. i went to work and came home..

well, duh :doh:

...obviously if you collected a check, you did not own the company...

...anyone can see that the way you run things now, as an owner,...

...there won't be much chance of collecting a paycheck! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, there AiA….. you asked me to go back and re-read your thread and I did just that. I read every post a second and third time.

You’ve managed now…. to waste my time. Other than a few colorful remarks…. nothing was done at your expense or to your precious little reputation. You, on the other hand, got way out of control and started name calling and pointing fingers at various posters and I guess you might just say…. when someone jumps on my friends and fellow tradesmen…. I will assess the situation and back the fairest player and that happens to be any of the people from :signs101:

You’re accusations are piss-poor and way out of bounds and I although I have nothing to say about who comes and goes from this place…. don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Besides all of that, who really cares who said this or that ?? That’s just a bunch of busy-body stuff and you know it. The real concern here is what you are doing to your area from a sign maker’s point of view vs. the law.

By the way…. do your self a favor and get a second opinion from a real attorney that knows the law about codes and not some fly-by-nighter that gives you such a line of crap. Figures he's a member of YOUR family.

Do it your way and I’m sure I can find someone to make an inspection on your signs in your neighborhood. I know quite a few people in your neck of the woods and when peoples’ lives are at stake…. believe-you-me…. authorities have a way of showing up and guess whose butt will be on the line…. not the sign builder or supplier, but the guy installing it.

Should you find the need to post back at me…. claiming I’m out to get you….. remember, you’re the chump not taking any of this seriously. We all have a right and a stake in this industry to protect and keep the trade safe for everyone….. especially against novices such as you and your kind.

:thankyou:

AiA

yes it does and your post does... I HAVE NOT ONCE CRITICIZED HOW ANY ONE MARKS UP THERE MATERIALS! and for spelling read all the posts.. i am not the only one.. i dont wast my time proof reading any one with a brain can understand what every one is saying.. AND MY POINT IS.. I NEEDED HELP WITH ONE PROBLEM THAT WAS NOT BEING ADDRESSED ONLY OTHERS TELLING ME THAT I NEED TO OUT SOURCE MY WORK RATHER THAN GIVING ME THE VERY VERY SIMPLE ADVICE THAT I REQUIRED. HOW CANT YOU SEE THAT OR ARE YOU TO WRAPPED UP IN CUTTING PEOPLE DOWN... my lord after all this you still dont get what my problem is... amazing.

AiA

first off fox. i am registered with the state as of october 4th i have the paper work in front of me... gino.. my work will be inspected up to code and tagged please feel free to have me checked out.. i also invited anyone here to come to my shop and to check my work... i have nothing to hide.. This is the lamest post i have ever see go this long... i asked for help plain and simple.. and my labor rate does not put the price of this particular job any lower than any one elses... so you guys have nothing i mean nothing to complain about.. and i will be in business for along time and you guys are more than welcome to fight me or get along with me but i will be fine in this industry.. and i only pointed fingers on peoples comments.. never dragged any one in to anything for no reason.. i offered truthfull explanations for everything and did not throw one LOW BLOW.... None of the threats on here hold any merit or matter cause i am by the book in business... i am not new to the business world... and if you want to start a code war that is fine.... i can play just as well as the next, now i have repetedly asked for this nonsense to stop and asked for help... but you guys refuse... so keep them coming... all i asked for was help... good luck...

skyhigh

When your finished, you will need 2 inspections then. One by a UL shop, who will then put their label on your cabinet, then an inspection from your UCC officer.

gotcha.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:Oops: Guess you didn't get the memo.............

You've just been chosen at your own expense to be the whipping boy today.

No one here means any disrespect or harm towards you or your company. This is just a hazing that all the new guys go through. None of what anyone said here holds any merit or truth. In fact, most of all of this was just dumb made-up garbage and you took it like a man. Yeah, you stood up to all of us and showed us all what you're made of.... so relax there AiA.

Now come on back and join the party :toasting: :bushmill: :beer :beer :munchie: :bushmill: :corndog: :beer

AiA

the member of the electrical union has a ul shop and he does most of the inspections in the area.. that is what i have been saying.. i know i need it ul inspected and i have the inspector lined up to do it for me... Thank you that was along the lines of the help that i do need since i am getting off the ground.. and truth be told i have a lot of work.. more than my one man operation can handle... and i would be more than happy to share the work... i just hate being attacked for being new... thats my only point.. we can all help each other but check the critisim at the door and well be fine.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
kotter.jpg

Jillbeans

I looked back to your intro/welcome thread.
This is what you said on it, in part:
Recently i got forced out of the car buisness (car lot)

I know my way around signs fairly well

I basically need business, and ideas to brodden my horizon since a PRINTER/PLOTTER is not in my financial future any time soon.. (as in years) ANY help you can offer would be awsome and OH YEAH! how the hell do i vectorize and image so i can cut it! That was the whole point to me joining was to get help on that.. oh geez im rambling.

Then on this thread you state:
THIS WOULD BE THE 4TH business i have ever owned... and i still own 3!!!!

I also checked out your website.
You admit that it is still under construction, fair enough. But it is full of odd spelling errors and there are only two sign pix that I can find on it.
http://www.accurateimageadvertising.com/
Here is some advice, get the Mike Stevens book Mastering Layout and learn something of layout and design. Red and green do not show up well on window lettering, for starters.

I don't care how you figure your pricing, that is up to you.
But unless you are truly qualified to make and install illuminated sign cabinets, you shouldn't be selling them.
Would you let someone who has never performed surgery operate on you?
Even if it was a bargain?

:Sleeping:

WILLIAMS

so what happens when a customer has a reorder? with your pricing structure you will make $0 since all you would bill out for are the materials at cost. c'mon at some point have to admit that it is a lousy (novice) way of pricing at some point. as for the LLC stuff, you're still bs-ing. the state's website updates daily. if you have your docs in hand it would be online as well.

iSign

.and truth be told i have a lot of work.. more than my one man operation can handle...
can I say "duh" again, and not hurt your feelings?

nobody said you aren't allowed to let your biz be your biz... but someone mentioned leaving money on the table... if you got too much work... well duh?

AiA

jill makes some good points.. the other 2 business i own would a small construction company geared towards dry wall and finish work with a 6 man crew... and i am partners in a bar... and the work i mainly did for 5 years was building out door illuminated signs... and all we had back then were plotters... i dont plan to go digital any time soon and the vectorizing is still new to me but i am doing very well with it thanks to a few members on here.. probably the part of this industly i am most qaulified to do is build the sign cabinets! my majors in collage started with enginering and then i found my self in marketing and advertising.. 2 things i consider tools in this trade... and with the large network of people i know if i hit a road block i hope i can get the help i need and then (i thought) i had this place as well.. but well see how that goes.. and constructive critisism as put by your self dear is always welcome.. but throwing stones in a glass house just to see if the windows break is never cool to me.. and between the 2 kids the 2 other businesses and the wife back to work the websight has is and probably will suffer for a while... i just dont have the time to get to it.. i am hoping soon.. and i sincerly mean any one is welcome to come down, and see how things are here if your intenetions are to help me and not hinder me... if some can point out a design flaw i will gladly take it in to consideration and rectify it... but i have never had a structural complaint in any aspect of the items i have built. but i am no where near perfect. i am not some jerk off that woke up one day and decided to build signs that could potentialy fall on some one or some ones property and caused injury or damage... that has never happened and will never happen.. and i promise that i am a legal and properly insured and registered business and can provide proof of that upon any ones request and documentation is hanging in the shop.... I appreciate all your help.