• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Logo Design

stickygraphics12

I am not the best designer in the world and I had a guy stop in about 3 weeks ago wanting a job(obviously I told him I am not hiring at this point), but he offered to show me what he could do, so I took him up on his offer to design me a new logo because I think mine is a little plain. I am liking what he is doing, but am not sure if it is too busy or not. I know on here everyone has a very good opinion on what is effective and yet creative at the same time. I do hope it is liked, but always open for adjustments or if it just plain out is bad

One direction I am trying to go is vehicle wraps as there are not too many guys in my area that want to do it. There are a few, but I would like to be known for it. So I will want this to be part of a vehicle wrap as well as being able to use it for all of my other advertisement needs.

So have at it....

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 172

Marco

Hiya, you should show us your current logo. I like to compare the two. I like this one, but it may be a bit too busy. Thinking that if it is printed small, lots of the designed items will be lost, maybe look blurry.:toasting:

stickygraphics12

here is my simple text logo now....I think everyone will like the new one better!

Attachments

• Sticky Graphics Logo.jpg
    Sticky Graphics Logo.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 162

stickygraphics12

yes, I do plan on paying this guy to do my logo. I hate it when people did it to me and learned my lesson! He is someone who I would definitely hire if I could afford anyone right now...

Marco

thanks for posting the old. Cheech, you've come up. Still say the new may be a little blurry. :thankyou:

ericmitchell29

Looks nice but can he design in a vector based program? That looks like a lot of photoshop work. Just becomes an issue when resizing a raster document.

I would say judging from his work, he probably has some experience.

stickygraphics12

He's been in the business for over 20 years! GREAT GUY! I really do wish I could hire him!

I do wish I could find a way to make it a little less busy, but it seems like it would defintiely work...I just don't know what to tell him to get rid of to make it less busy

Flame

1. Don't work a man over. Don't tell him he "might" have a job just to get a free logo.

2. That is nothing mind blowing. In fact it's a weak design full of special effects. Is it better than yours? yes. Is it a great logo? Not at all.

If you'd like a new logo...just start tinkering with one and show us as you go! :)

stickygraphics12

Flame,

I don't know if you understood the first post...I told him I couldn't hire him. And I'm not getting a free logo, I'm paying him for it.

I agree with you on the special effects. That's why I'm asking on what I can have him do to maybe simplify it and still get a good effect out of it. I did tell him I wanted the "SG" incorporated into the design, but maybe It just won't work? I'm not a great designer and when I do hire someone, it will be a designer.

Flame

Flame,

I don't know if you understood the first post...I told him I couldn't hire him. And I'm not getting a free logo, I'm paying him for it.

I agree with you on the special effects. That's why I'm asking on what I can have him do to maybe simplify it and still get a good effect out of it. I did tell him I wanted the "SG" incorporated into the design, but maybe It just won't work? I'm not a great designer and when I do hire someone, it will be a designer.

Aw ok. Sorry I misunderstood then.

SignManiac

His use of special effects is good! But that helps very little with a good logo design. It's becoming very common in this day and age. See if he can design a logo in black and white.

Todd-sta

Hi! I can't say that I like it much at all. Three completely different fonts (script, block, serif) all jammed together - not good. Visually disturbing.

I sincerely think there are better solutions.

You mention that you're not a good designer.... which made me curious as to how you ended up in the sign business- a career path which kinda requires at least a base level of competent design skill? Not being mean, just asking.

If I were a customer and knew the design shop I was considering had to outsource their logo design, I'd likely not want to do business there.

I'd like to see what YOU can do. Show us some options.

stickygraphics12

I was good at at making vehicles look good, loved car shows, thought I could make good money doing the vehicle graphic thing(hence, why I want to get more into vehicle wraps) didn't do enough research, bought a business, and here I am! Doing very little with vehicles and and am pretty much doing wholesale work for a company that resells a lot of the stuff I make for them. I can't come up with something I like for myself, but when it comes to my clients I do a pretty good job. I guess I'm just my own worst enemy with my logo....

I do thank you for your opinion though! This was the criticism I was looking for in the logo, bc I do like it but just think it's too busy!

Sticky Signs

Sounds like it's time for "Sticky" fight!!!!
Just kidding.
the logo has flow but way too much going on.
No really though, bike racks. 3 pm.

TommyFastLane

Thats the Suped up version! Lets see what it looks like with no effects. That will tell if it can be used or not. Less is more. Once you have a black and white you can add all the effects you want providing they are used in a way that works. This guy is pretty good though, Im sure he went all out to impress you. A lil overboard but he did show you what he could do!

Jillbeans

I'm not a huge fan of putting up two initials (SG) as the main part of a logo.
While you know what it means, it means nothing to most people who see it.
They have to squint to see "Sticky Graphics".
Your old one actually reads much better.
But it does need a lot of improvement, too.
Love....Jill