• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Logo for fairly new sign company

hansman

If you are intent on an oval at least use some effects on the type. Maybe drop shadow, bevel or emboss >one click in photoshop................
And the green?

SignManiac

If you plan to play off your name, then something along this line. Just don't copy these, they belong to someone else but should help you get started in the right direction.

Attachments

• storm.jpg
    storm.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 69

SIGNTIME

the best advice for you is to sub out all design work until you get better at it.... try Neato or Jillbeans on here, both do excellent work at very reasonable prices:thumb:

Dan Antonelli

Yo.
So, Ive been doing vinyl lettering and some graphics for about 4 years. Misc stuff, nothing really big but some that were ok. Mostly beer money. Ive recently lost my full time job, so am now focusing on the sign business. I have never had a logo but have kept my eye open for ideas that might look good for my business. I talked to a place about creating a logo for me, and she quoted me about $800. Uh, is that normal? Seems a bit steep and maybe im in the wrong business. Anyway. I threw something together and wanted some input on it. Use the red pen and grade accordingly. I already know it sucks, so you cant hurt a dead duck. I wanted to have something with lightning or whatever, but... I'm not that talented when it comes to graphic art.
Thanks in advance.

ps. I attached it as jpg. Should it be, or maybe eps, ai, etc?? btw the red is the cut line

View attachment 95833

Everyone does indeed start somewhere, but I'm not sure it makes the most sense here to cut your teeth on your own brand, which really is one of your most important assets. I would recommend some sources right here as there's an abundance of talent that would be able to help you at a fair price, like Neato or Jill.

TammieH

Please do not take this as criticism.

What are you specializing in? Will you manufacture signs or just service electrical signs and exterior lighting?

Not sure how you are going to design and build your own signs without any design background, unless you are hiring a someone for sign layouts.

As far as the logo, forget about the oval and phone #, work on the logo first and as far as the logo goes its really not a bad start.

Is it good?
No. Its OK, and it would do. It is not as bad as some national companies.

Sometimes people are too worried about logos and branding, especially for a new small startup, that is my opinion anyways.

But if you are in a creative business, it is nice to show that you can be creative.

threeputt

Here's a quickie. Have no idea what your style and preferences are. Just use this as an idea-starter if you want.

Attachments

• storm signs.jpg
    storm signs.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 106

gnatt66

yikes. I started with a chinese cutter in my basement ( im sure some wish i was there still ) but if you are at all serious..pay someone to design your logo. there's no shame in it. we dont all have one shot stains on our work benches..and design might come hard to you. just pay someone. there's so many people that can design and illustrate..that make short work out of a perceived tough issue. I know my limits more or less and farm out design when i've reached mine.

my thought...contact Jillbeans on here.

Stormyj

Just another guy
You know, I may be jumping the gun. I would like to have a logo, but a logo doesn't get you business. I need to focus on getting a customer base, bigger than the one I have now and focus on producing good work. Like I said, I think, I have primarily focused on vehicle lettering and some re-lettering of lexan and plexi signs. Mostly new businesses. I should establish a working relation with a graphic artist to design signs for me and then I can cut, mount and maintain them. I did work for a sign company when I was younger, lit box signs, painted foam letters mounted to buildings, channel lettering. But it has been years since then. Right now, I do have a LLC that I work under, I have insurance and a bond, required in my town. Im not looking for beer money, hope i didn't offend anyone, bur rather a career. I'm very mechanical, but not really artistic, which is weird, cause I was when I was a kid. Anyway, I will contact the above mentioned people. Thanks for the input, and by all means, keep it coming.

Stormyj

Just another guy
Here's a quickie. Have no idea what your style and preferences are. Just use this as an idea-starter if you want.

I will thank you. Wont use that one, but will start with the idea.

Kind of sketched something up, maybe put the ship in the center? Storm clouds and lightning?
Image2.jpg

Mosh

I hate arched lettering...reason is the guy I learned the trade from in his later years got lazy, every sign was "ark - picture - ark"...they all looked the same after a while.

I like that ship.

Marlene

at least you didn't use all upper case Old English on an arc. keep it simple and clean as the storm, even if it is your name is confusing as it sounds more like you do repair work for storm damage. for now you would be better off just pretty much writing the company name, add a couple of lines and stick it in a box and call it good enough for now. the oval is the go to for anyone who doesn't know anything, mostly requested by customers as they think it makes things "fancy" so don't fall into that trap.

Jillbeans

That looks like something you'd see on a box of dollar store tampons.
:smile:
Nothing about is makes me want to buy a sign from you.
You have a cool name, but I wouldn't use lightning bolts or anything like that.
Are the Ss upside down?
I still don't have a logo after 29 years of this.
Love....Jill