• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Logo for fairly new sign company

Pat Whatley

Today's ten minute design challenge.

It's a logo, it shouldn't have a phone number. The icon has been done 1000 times....it's a quick and easy crutch, don't hate me. It's rough because I ran out of time. I really like simple, clean logo designs. If a logo is a pain in the butt to recreate it's probably too complicated. The "apple and blue" colors are smoothly generic. It is what it is.

You could not be more wrong in your statement that a logo doesn't help you get jobs. Your logo is a first impression and the key part of branding your company. It subconsciously tells potential customers a tremendous amount about you. A bad, homemade looking logo screams small time with small capabilities. A quality logo can make a one man shop look like a national corporation. Perception is reality.

Attachments

• storm.jpg
    storm.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 91
  • STORM LOGO 2.jpg
    STORM LOGO 2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 93

SignProPlus-Chip

Full branding/business identity package is a good start here.

$800 would be a steal too. I used to get $2000-2500 about ten years go when I did them regularly.

Biker Scout

You are correct Chip, I don't lift a finger until I get $5k now, and I know I'm low for what I offer. Which is why I'd rather get them on retainer fee for at least 12 months. I really impress upon them that branding is an investment, not only in money but time as well. There are many things that come up through your first year of a new branding campaign, and you have to be agile in today's marketplace or get left behind.

Love the logo Jeff! (Even though you hit several people's pet peeves here... ovals, arched text, the obligatory "sign font") :rock-n-roll:

Jeff

Love the logo Jeff! (Even though you hit several people's pet peeves here... ovals, arched text, the obligatory "sign font") :rock-n-roll:

Thanks...I know...but it was a quickie!

Thanks Pat

Dan Antonelli

Today's ten minute design challenge.
You could not be more wrong in your statement that a logo doesn't help you get jobs. Your logo is a first impression and the key part of branding your company. It subconsciously tells potential customers a tremendous amount about you. A bad, homemade looking logo screams small time with small capabilities. A quality logo can make a one man shop look like a national corporation. Perception is reality.[/I]

Thanks Pat for being another voice of reason in the discussion. For those who believe good branding doesn't help get you jobs, close more business, and get you more money for your work - please continue onward with that idea while you wonder how your competitors with a better understanding of why a brand is so important continue to take business away from you. Build brands to stand out, not fit in, and amazing things happen to your business.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Guess I'm a hypocrite... no more suggestions from me

jeepers...

Last edited:

Pat Whatley

jeepers...

Was that directed at my post about us doing it for free? Man, I was making a joke. There's a world of difference in actually designing somebody a real useable logo instead of the quickly put together thoughts you, me, Jill, and others posted. What we all posted is the digital age version of a pencil sketch. It wasn't hypocritical at all.

Sorry about that.