• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New logo

ForgeInc

I think if you lost the blue gradient and oval circle thingey (I think it's supposed to indicate a roll?) this would be your strongest offering. I still don't think it's polished enough and other suggestions you shot down are stronger, but the cutoff shield and lines simply weren't working.

The "thin skin" type looks horrible though, definitely stretched, while the other type below is condensed.

I'm also wondering why you are stuck on "surface protection film" rather than using "vehicle protection film" or "automotive protection film?"

Maybe if you spin it another 5 or ten times, ask for advice, get advice, rework..post again...you will get there. Or, you could "hire a professional" to spend an hour or so on your design and polish it up for you?

Just sayin.

signmeup

Wayne.. I too am a big fan of that style!
David.. your last effort is getting better. Just avoid messing with your fonts like that. It's nasty. The roll was a nice idea but tough to pull off as you discovered. Here is a simple design based on your last post. It can be plunked on top of a shield at times and if space is tight, leave the shield out. It's still the same logo more or less. (it's OK to do that)

Also, I fail to see any point in using a condensed font and then kerning it wide to fill in space. Just use a regular font.

Attachments

• ThinSkin6.jpg
    ThinSkin6.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 97

Marlene

When you give a customer a choice of logos I assume you give them a choice of a half dozen to dozen different flavors/variations

no, I give them one. the reason is I spend time asking questions. I could care less if they like the color blue or want something on an arc to "dress" it up. I ask about who their customer's are as that is really who you are designing for. if a guy loves pink, Old English, all upper case on an arc and he is opening a hardware store, what he likes is of no use to him as it won't appeal to who he wants to sell to. I sell a design by telling them what it will do for them, not because I think it looks pretty. the thing you have to ask yourself is will the people you want to use your business see your logo and will want to use your service. if you are selling ice cream, everyone knows what that is so there isn't much of a need to spell out to them what you do. what you would do with ice cream is tell them why yours and not someone elses ice cream. when it comes to your business, do people know what it is is the first question. do you need visuals to help the concept so you don't need to be too wordy. those are the kinds of questions to ask. you say you like what you have done, why? not being a pain, but you should have answers like "I think it conveys what I do clearly" and other answers like that and not so much of the blue is really pretty or the "M" is nice. those are the tweaks like frosting on a cake. they aren't the cake, only the things that make the cake look nicer.

JR's

Sometimes you just need an interesting background element to get your main copy to "pop"

wayne k
guam usa

wow! I really like that logo. I cant stop starring at it. I don't know why its simple, its balanced, is that a natural layout? i think I have to study this logo some more.

;-)

JR

Joe Diaz

I realize the op has a final layout. But I'm waiting for my appointment today, and thought I would get some early Tuesday morning practice in, just for fun.

This is a bit more corporate looking. But it plays with the shield and film idea:
thin skin armor.jpg

Marlene

Joe, very very nice! I love your style. no one looking at this logo would ask "what does this place do".