• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New logo

Joe Diaz

Thanks guys and gals.

Here is another idea... I got a little carried away with this one. It probably wouldn't make the best logo though, especial since it would be difficult to simplify it for non print applications. But think high tech shields on a spaceship. Beam me up Scotty. :Big Laugh Hey at least there's a car in this one. :wink:

Now I really should get back to my stack of (pay) jobs. :ROFLMAO: But you know when you have an idea and if you don't get it down on "paper", it will nag at you all day??? Well it's been one of those days.

thin skin 3.jpg

mikey-Oh

Here is another idea... I got a little carried away with this one. It probably wouldn't make the best logo though, especial since it would be difficult to simplify it for non print applications. But think high tech shields on a spaceship. Beam me up Scotty. :Big Laugh Hey at least there's a car in this one. :wink:

awesome!

stoneandtle

I think if you lost the blue gradient and oval circle thingey (I think it's supposed to indicate a roll?) this would be your strongest offering. I still don't think it's polished enough and other suggestions you shot down are stronger, but the cutoff shield and lines simply weren't working.

The "thin skin" type looks horrible though, definitely stretched, while the other type below is condensed.

I'm also wondering why you are stuck on "surface protection film" rather than using "vehicle protection film" or "automotive protection film?"

Maybe if you spin it another 5 or ten times, ask for advice, get advice, rework..post again...you will get there. Or, you could "hire a professional" to spend an hour or so on your design and polish it up for you?

Just sayin.

From a logo perspective I'm thinking about dropping the whole "surface/vehicle/etc protection film" line entirely. I think iSign is right, I need to simplify it further...I can explain the specifics on the specific advertisements for each product type.

The reason I keep asking for opinions is because the only way I'm really going to learn what is acceptable and what is not is by grinding my way through this obstacle.

stoneandtle

no, I give them one. the reason is I spend time asking questions. I could care less if they like the color blue or want something on an arc to "dress" it up. I ask about who their customer's are as that is really who you are designing for. if a guy loves pink, Old English, all upper case on an arc and he is opening a hardware store, what he likes is of no use to him as it won't appeal to who he wants to sell to. I sell a design by telling them what it will do for them, not because I think it looks pretty. the thing you have to ask yourself is will the people you want to use your business see your logo and will want to use your service. if you are selling ice cream, everyone knows what that is so there isn't much of a need to spell out to them what you do. what you would do with ice cream is tell them why yours and not someone elses ice cream. when it comes to your business, do people know what it is is the first question. do you need visuals to help the concept so you don't need to be too wordy. those are the kinds of questions to ask. you say you like what you have done, why? not being a pain, but you should have answers like "I think it conveys what I do clearly" and other answers like that and not so much of the blue is really pretty or the "M" is nice. those are the tweaks like frosting on a cake. they aren't the cake, only the things that make the cake look nicer.

The reason I mentioned that was because when I had a logo created 10 or so years ago I went to a reputable graphic design company and they provided me with about 8 different versions of a logo that I needed at the time. I assumed, possibly incorrectly, that it was standard to do that to give them different ideas and possibly combine ideas presented from the ones shown them.