• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New member. Hope you check us out. :)

Typestries

If you buy supplies at distributor pricing in one "company" you get to use it in the other, and since you're paying less for raw goods, charge less and therefore be competitive on price in the other company that's consuming the supplies.. Trouble is, it does not take long for manufacturers to figure out your game, and tell you to get raw good volume up or they're pullin ya. Nothing new about the technique, but they could be a little more conservative in the correlation of the 2 "companies" (and a bit more honest so the folks here dont tear em up!)

RebeckaR

There's nothing wrong with having a different name for each branch of a company. I just don't like being deliberately misled.
If you're a sister of company of Loud Printing, why not say so?

doublesky

:Welcome::toasting::popcorn::corndog:

And, Look, their website now has a very similar looking ad running... hmmm....

Last edited:

weaselboogie

Attachments

• who_me.jpg
    who_me.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 89

signage

Wrapvinyl when are you going to be putting up you flashing banner with wholesale prices for the world to see?

steve b

Wrap vinyl is selling supplies. If that bothers you, just don't purchase from them. Get off your high horses folks, this is America!

steveb

wrapman jamz

Sounds like we have a parent company buying up suppliers and creating different divisions. This is great...except they wholesale materials to one group, printing to another and possibly installation to another. This sounds more like a big sign shop serving wholesale and soon retail. So I would look for a website that sells wraps, printed and installed at your location for $4.99 ft. Why not? If they can't sell enough wholesale, it seems natural to go after the next market in line. Looking a Louds posts, they are retail sales directives and pointers...they can use them too. It seems to me they have the money and market/sales ability to do it. Time to tighten that niche

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Yes it's true but I fail to see why it is being viewed as somehow underhanded or dishonest. Lots of companies take different names for different divisions or product brands. I have five different websites. At each of them it is no secret that they are all owned and operated by Allied Computer Graphics but it isn't necessarily something that is the focal point of how each site is presented.

Procter and Gamble sells Crest toothpaste and Folgers coffee. Should we sit around and think them dishonest because of it? Jupiter Media owns Clipart.com, Photos.com and about twenty other vendors of digital art and stock photography. Bitstream owns MyFonts.com.

I understand the displeasure some may take with their banner ad for Loud Printing, but I fail to see what the problem is with an umbrella enterprise owning both Loud Printing and Wrap Vinyl.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred has spoken! he has shown us the way... shun the non-believers..... shun....

Fred is my magical leopurodon...

ya got me there Prof ... what's a leopurodon? I checked the dictionary and no luck. Closest they can come is Liopleurodon which is a carnivorous marine dinosaur.