Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Olive Garden Logo...

Discussion in 'Logo Design' started by graphicwarning, Mar 3, 2014.

1. graphicwarning

graphicwarning Member

Aug 30, 2012
    NB, Canada

Attached Files:

• ogog.jpg
      ogog.jpg
      File size:
      125.2 KB
      Views:
    Tags:
  2. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    The new one looks like something from an internet logo mill.

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    For a logo that's I guess more than 30 years old, the old one is still good in my book. A facelift might be in need to bring it up to the 21st century, but that new one is not at all appetizing, let alone easy on the eyes. I think they should re-think that new look. Looks like some kid outa Votech took a stab at it.

4. Agreed about the old one

But what are they thinking on this one?

5. graphicwarning

graphicwarning Member

Aug 30, 2012
    NB, Canada
    I think that's probably why I was never a big fan of it... it looks old. I understand that was likely the intent, but I was never really drawn to it.

A refresh as you say, to bring it current, might have been better than a redesign!

6. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Liked the old one & when they changed it to it, at that time they wanted a old world Italian image & it worked well.

Darden restaurants are going through some serious changes these days, but rebranding this logo is a error, if they are changing to what is shown yuck, only good thing it reads better but that was not needed to read better, it is all about the brands image & the old logo was great for that.

Just wonder why the change & what the story behind this is now to get such a poor looking logo for such a great restaurant.

7. Stanton

Stanton Member

Dec 7, 2013
    It screams "trying too hard".

Never understood why the old logo used grapes instead of olives.

The new look is dry and unemotional.

Not an inviting 'sit down and eat' food vibe.

Lacks a friendly warmth.

8. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Just noticed, now it's a kitchen and not a restaurant. I don't know, in Italian 'cucina' sounds better than the English version...... just kitchen. :rolleyes:

9. I vote for Stanton on Best post.

The new look is dry and unemotional. <----:rock-n-roll:

10. artbot

artbot Very Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    it's only a matter of time before the sign reads

"OGIR"

i think the old one looks way to crafty. new one looks too brunch-ish. both are a
    bit of a fail.

11. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    I actually really like the new logo. They are steering the whole thing toward a more modern bistro atmosphere and the new logo will really help push that.

12. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    I have heard that Olive Garden is going out of business, I noticed that the new one doesn't have a register mark!

13. signcrafters london

signcrafters london Very Active Member

May 22, 2010
    London KY
    For some reason, I like it better now, the second time I've checked this thread, than I did the first time.

confused0024.r191677.gif

14. MR. Graphics

MR. Graphics Member

May 10, 2011
    The Darden corp, which owns Olive Garden and Red Lobster is cutting loose Red Lobster because they failed to bring in the big paying customers like Olive garden does. Due to lost revenue for thied quarter not meeting wall steert expectations. Darden is spinning off Red Lobster. That is what I have heard through the grape vine.

15. Stanton

Stanton Member

Dec 7, 2013

Google is now a grape vine? :Big Laugh

16. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    I like the colors and the simplicity, the font looks like someones crap they laid out on an embroidery program....sucks

17. synergy_jim

synergy_jim Very Active Member

wow….. now the logo is as crappy as their food…..

18. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA

:ROFLMAO:..... I knew that was coming. The only thing there worthwhile was the bread-sticks and the chips with salsa.
    My kid worked there many many years ago and would bring a huge bag of chips home and gallons of the salsa for like a total of $4. He had some real horror stories about the 'goings on' behind the scenes. :omg:

19. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    The new one passes the squint test better. I can see what they were going for.... but gray? And the spacing/borders suck.

20. Jane Diaz

Jane Diaz Member

Jul 25, 2003
    Pontiac, IL
    Well the one positive I see is that now they actually are using the olives! I always thought using grapes was strange. I know it imples the wine they push but
    I always though about as if they called it "Apple Barn" and put Oranges on there.