• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Olive Garden Logo...

graphicwarning

Attachments

• ogog.jpg
    ogog.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 1,759

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For a logo that's I guess more than 30 years old, the old one is still good in my book. A facelift might be in need to bring it up to the 21st century, but that new one is not at all appetizing, let alone easy on the eyes. I think they should re-think that new look. Looks like some kid outa Votech took a stab at it.

graphicwarning

For a logo that's I guess more than 30 years old

I think that's probably why I was never a big fan of it... it looks old. I understand that was likely the intent, but I was never really drawn to it.

A refresh as you say, to bring it current, might have been better than a redesign!

Craig Sjoquist

Liked the old one & when they changed it to it, at that time they wanted a old world Italian image & it worked well.

Darden restaurants are going through some serious changes these days, but rebranding this logo is a error, if they are changing to what is shown yuck, only good thing it reads better but that was not needed to read better, it is all about the brands image & the old logo was great for that.

Just wonder why the change & what the story behind this is now to get such a poor looking logo for such a great restaurant.

Stanton

It screams "trying too hard".

Never understood why the old logo used grapes instead of olives.

The new look is dry and unemotional.

Not an inviting 'sit down and eat' food vibe.

Lacks a friendly warmth.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just noticed, now it's a kitchen and not a restaurant. I don't know, in Italian 'cucina' sounds better than the English version...... just kitchen. :rolleyes:

artbot

it's only a matter of time before the sign reads

"OGIR"

i think the old one looks way to crafty. new one looks too brunch-ish. both are a
bit of a fail.

Pat Whatley

I actually really like the new logo. They are steering the whole thing toward a more modern bistro atmosphere and the new logo will really help push that.

signage

I have heard that Olive Garden is going out of business, I noticed that the new one doesn't have a register mark!

MR. Graphics

The Darden corp, which owns Olive Garden and Red Lobster is cutting loose Red Lobster because they failed to bring in the big paying customers like Olive garden does. Due to lost revenue for thied quarter not meeting wall steert expectations. Darden is spinning off Red Lobster. That is what I have heard through the grape vine.

visual800

I like the colors and the simplicity, the font looks like someones crap they laid out on an embroidery program....sucks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
wow….. now the logo is as crappy as their food…..

:ROFLMAO:..... I knew that was coming. The only thing there worthwhile was the bread-sticks and the chips with salsa.
My kid worked there many many years ago and would bring a huge bag of chips home and gallons of the salsa for like a total of $4. He had some real horror stories about the 'goings on' behind the scenes. :omg:

Billct2

The new one passes the squint test better. I can see what they were going for.... but gray? And the spacing/borders suck.

Jane Diaz

Well the one positive I see is that now they actually are using the olives! I always thought using grapes was strange. I know it imples the wine they push but
I always though about as if they called it "Apple Barn" and put Oranges on there.