Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New poll - please vote - my goal is to have at least 100 votes.

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Robert Armerding, Jun 23, 2020.

Do you have a walk-in type retail sign shop - face-to-face contact in store.

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    52.0%
  1. Robert Armerding

Robert Armerding Merchant Member

Mar 3, 2017
    San Jose, CA
    Thank you for all who voted in my first poll. So far we have 39 votes.
    Reminder: every vote is anonymous.
    You can vote here again if you wish.
    Please feel free to ask questions or input. If you are interested, you can click on the results.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    Tags:
  2. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    No poll has ever received 100 votes.... even on the most controversial topics I might add.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  4. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Well no wonder I've never seen them...way before my time. Ok, I change my response... I haven't seen any since I've been here. Maybe Robert will get 100 votes after the thread is 6 or 7 years old, but Im not sure he has that much time to wait.

5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Ahh, Robert...... don't you get the message ?? No one is interested in this.

I've tried to be nice, but you are asking questions or looking for answers which have been answered many many times over the years. You're bringing up old hat and quite frankly, while it might be important to you, it's not to most others. You continue to touch on things a few people might deem important, but not to near the degree you're hoping to find. This is a sign forum and we all kinda like it that way. Turning this into contests, polls and round table discussions didn't work 15 years ago, 10 years ago or even 2 years ago and it's still not gonna go over. Try your questionnaire threads, but don't be demanding what you expect for results. THAT is not polite, and it doesn't remind me of anyone listening, per your first opening thread.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    The difference is that when I managed this forum, most polls appeared on the home page for all to see. That is no longer the case, so response rates will be smaller.

• Like Like x 3
  7. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    What are you hoping to do with the info on this poll? Every place is different. Most places don’t need a front desk any more because everyone’s smart enough to develop an online presence.

Naturally there will be the odd time that the front desk might be a better avenue for jobs but I can absolutely guarantee the 1800 24” x 16” ACM job we got in last week would never come through from a guy at the front desk.

One it means nobody needs to be around to catch random tyre kickers. And two, the people that tend to show up end up wanting one £4 architect drawing scanned and copied once. Those are not the customers most people want

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    Putting the poll topic in the header would help people know whether to read the thread or not.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Robert Armerding

Mar 3, 2017
    San Jose, CA
    I am learning so I appreciate your input.

10. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

May 7, 2019
    Wisconsin
    The last important Poll in the world that was important , worth answering and had a purpose was " Ginger or Maryann "

11. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Since you stated this second poll, do you have the ability to determine how many are repeats of your first poll ?? How accurate can this polling be, if you just keep repeating yourself ??

12. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Voter fraud. Need to block the mail in ballots for those without internet access.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Stacey K

Stacey K Getting Back in the Game

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    There's been lots of talk about this in numerous threads and much better info than you will get from a poll.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Robert Armerding

Mar 3, 2017
    San Jose, CA
    Thank you to those who voted. If you have not voted yet, let me encourage you to do so. Very much appreciated.

15. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    You can take what results you already have and get a good idea of how 100 or 1,000 or 10,000 people will vote. I bet after 100 votes the percentages wont change all that much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Are there even 100 people that regularly use this? I come here and end up chatting to the same 8 people every day

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    There are lurkers....

Robert can extrapolate what 100 votes will be from the results he already has. If you don't know what extrapolate means, we have a "toad's dictionary" in the back of the Nifty Tips book, pages 210-230

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
  18. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    This thread has had 374 members read some or all of it in just 24 hours. There are currently 52 Signs 101 members logged into the site and 900+ non-members here as well. Most folks who join Signs 101 never post anything.

• Like Like x 1
  19. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    No, most members join the site then wait a while and ask if the print head they’re ordering from Indonesia is ever going to arrive lol

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Stacey K

Stacey K Getting Back in the Game

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    There's such a variety of stores. I don't think your poll is going to be accurate.
    • No store - work from home and never see anyone or by appointment (Texas, I think this is you).
    • By appointment only stores.
    • Store who do not post hours so it's hit and miss (me).
    • Stores who hold daily hours.
    For a few months retail stores were useless. For those of us who stayed busy it made us wonder how much the "retail store" part of our business is worth.

• Informative Informative x 1