Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snark-Free Response Forum

Discussion in 'Polls' started by fresh, Sep 9, 2013.

Do you want a SNARK-FREE forum?

1. I want and would contribute to the Snark Free Discussions

41 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. SNARKYNESS FOREVER. Grow a thicker skin, newb!

61 vote(s)
    44.5%
  3. Snark-free is okay with me. I'll just ingore the discussions I can't be positive on.

35 vote(s)
    25.5%
  1. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    Lately I've noticed an increase in snarky remarks across this entire forum, particularly when less experienced sign makers ask generally basic questions. Instead of people either ignoring the thread or politely answering the question, they revert to trolling the thread. This snowballs into incredibly rude and uncalled for comments, often attacking the character of the original poster.

There is enough negative in our world. Do we really need to feel better about ourselves by putting others down on Signs101.com?

Anyway, I propose we have a SNARK-FREE GENERAL SIGNMAKING TOPICS page. Everyone is free to post in any forum, and you are free to continue your less than helpful responses across the board, just not in the SNARK FREE page. If you don't like the question, just ignore it and move on with your day. If no one wants to help, then so be it. At least people can be free to post without fear that they are going to be ridiculed for asking questions.

Tags:
  2. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    Ignore this!

3. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    i've got snark-fevah', and the only prescription ...is more threads on this topic, FOR ME TO POOP ON! :)

4. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    You should have been here a couple of years ago....

5. Shadowglen

Shadowglen Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Dickinson, ND
    Well I don't want a candy coated gumdrop section saying "Don't worry Timmy lets relocate your question to the fluff n stuff room and we can tell you your design is just peachy. We will shelter you from the real world. With the Snarky remarks there are usually understanding supportive remarks also. I am against participation ribbons and there will always be smart asses even on a snark free zone. who would police it anyway.

6. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    I just don't understand why when someone come across a thread that illicits this response: "WHAT A DUMB A$$, this is a stupid question." They can't just ignore it and move on? I don't need everything to be candy coated, but why waste your time and effort being a jerk?

Seriously, it takes more effort to be a d0uchebag, then it does just to stay silent. I propose we have an area where you just stay silent. Not the entire site, just ONE place where uncalled for remarks are not allowed. If no one posts to it, so be it. If you don't get your questions answered, so be it.

7. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Yeah, I think when the NHB was still around the snarky level was a lot worse.

8. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    So I guess all the worthless pieces of sh1t trolls are all going to come out in this thread. Its like I'm dangling candy in front of everyone who has so little joy in their lives they have to put down people on an internet forum. Bravo.

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    WHAT THE PUFF KIND OF VOTING IS THIS!?

I don't know...I kind of enjoy snarkyness when someone doesn't know how to use the search function...can you really stop it from happening?

10. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    Threads can be reported and removed. As it stands right now, people can write the most offensive, irrelevant crap and its okay. I'm just proposing having one place where someone can post without being subjected to ridicule.

I'm not suggesting taking away anyone's right to be an a$$ to others on this forum. However, it would be nice to have an area where my faith in humanity isn't constantly tested. Just one.

11. JgS

JgS Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Houston
    So you're proposing a snark free zone by mocking the members you conciser snarky in your poll?

12. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    Your little pole isn't going to do anything. They can "move on" right now if they don't like what someone is posting.

13. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj

This is clearly NOT a SFZ.

14. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj

Perhaps it is just about awareness. Perhaps one person will think twice about bullying an online stranger. Perhaps you can learn to ignore the people you don't want to help, instead of belittling them.

Can you please tell me why you ("you" as in an individual within this community, not specifically Coloradosigns) feel so motivated to put people down? Would you treat someone asking the same questions in person the same way you treat them online? We forget our manners when we are online, or perhaps its just that a majority of people never had them in the first place.

15. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    I blame Adtechia.

16. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.

Um i don't put anyone down. I'm actually more helpful then most on here. Why don't you do a little research before you point fingers at people.

Thanks.

17. Speedsterbeast

Speedsterbeast Active Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Thunder Bay
    Oh Yeah?

The kerning and spacing on the original post was horrible. Where did you learn to post comments? Maybe you're in the wrong business if you can't even do that. And your grammar; just awful. Leave the thread starting to the professionals. Just Kidding. I actually am quite turned off by many of the posts. I blasted a guy a week or so ago for being an *** when a beginner was looking for some help on design, but all it does is feed their ego and make it more worth their while. Those people are spineless and miserable and just want to share their dissatisfaction with life with others. I think all we need is a smiley icon with a sign that reads "I'm miserable and want company" instead of a whole new category of thread

18. TammieH

TammieH Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Pacific NW
    Honestly I don't really care for how harsh some people can be either,

but I also think its also totally rude for people to ask what to charge for this or that job,
    sooooo, sometimes I am grateful for the meanie heads! LOL :Big Laugh

19. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    I'm somewhat snarkless for the most part. I don't post 90% of what I'm usually thinking. Luckily sometime ago, I learned how to think twice and submit once.

20. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

rainbowwwwws, lollipops

sugar bears, candy drops

i luv everyone.....

do do, do do do....

i feel great....

I suggest bringing back the NHB along with the new AHB (All Holds Barred)

It would be like nothing changed, they would cancel each other out.......

21. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    they say there is no such thing as a stupid question, many have proved that wrong. snarky does get boring but so does "I'm a refrigerator repair man who is doing a design, tell me what you think" really? when some of us see a thread that we may be able to help, we do look in. 99% of the time, help is given but it is that other 1% of hobby people and hacks that just ticks people off so yes, they get a snarky response and yes, I would in real life too if some accountant told me he wanted to do design work as a side venture and tried to pick my brain for what I worked to learn

22. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    How much is a sign?

:corndog: