• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Snark-Free Response Forum

Do you want a SNARK-FREE forum?

• I want and would contribute to the Snark Free Discussions

Votes: 41 29.9%
  • SNARKYNESS FOREVER. Grow a thicker skin, newb!

Votes: 61 44.5%
  • Snark-free is okay with me. I'll just ingore the discussions I can't be positive on.

Votes: 35 25.5%

• Total voters

fresh

Lately I've noticed an increase in snarky remarks across this entire forum, particularly when less experienced sign makers ask generally basic questions. Instead of people either ignoring the thread or politely answering the question, they revert to trolling the thread. This snowballs into incredibly rude and uncalled for comments, often attacking the character of the original poster.

There is enough negative in our world. Do we really need to feel better about ourselves by putting others down on Signs101.com?

Anyway, I propose we have a SNARK-FREE GENERAL SIGNMAKING TOPICS page. Everyone is free to post in any forum, and you are free to continue your less than helpful responses across the board, just not in the SNARK FREE page. If you don't like the question, just ignore it and move on with your day. If no one wants to help, then so be it. At least people can be free to post without fear that they are going to be ridiculed for asking questions.

MikePro

i've got snark-fevah', and the only prescription ...is more threads on this topic, FOR ME TO POOP ON! :)

Shadowglen

Well I don't want a candy coated gumdrop section saying "Don't worry Timmy lets relocate your question to the fluff n stuff room and we can tell you your design is just peachy. We will shelter you from the real world. With the Snarky remarks there are usually understanding supportive remarks also. I am against participation ribbons and there will always be smart asses even on a snark free zone. who would police it anyway.

fresh

I just don't understand why when someone come across a thread that illicits this response: "WHAT A DUMB A$$, this is a stupid question." They can't just ignore it and move on? I don't need everything to be candy coated, but why waste your time and effort being a jerk?

Seriously, it takes more effort to be a d0uchebag, then it does just to stay silent. I propose we have an area where you just stay silent. Not the entire site, just ONE place where uncalled for remarks are not allowed. If no one posts to it, so be it. If you don't get your questions answered, so be it.

fresh

Start button on bottom left of screen>>>>Shut Down

:smile:

So I guess all the worthless pieces of sh1t trolls are all going to come out in this thread. Its like I'm dangling candy in front of everyone who has so little joy in their lives they have to put down people on an internet forum. Bravo.

TheSnowman

WHAT THE PUFF KIND OF VOTING IS THIS!?

I don't know...I kind of enjoy snarkyness when someone doesn't know how to use the search function...can you really stop it from happening?

fresh

WHAT THE PUFF KIND OF VOTING IS THIS!?

I don't know...I kind of enjoy snarkyness when someone doesn't know how to use the search function...can you really stop it from happening?

Threads can be reported and removed. As it stands right now, people can write the most offensive, irrelevant crap and its okay. I'm just proposing having one place where someone can post without being subjected to ridicule.

I'm not suggesting taking away anyone's right to be an a$$ to others on this forum. However, it would be nice to have an area where my faith in humanity isn't constantly tested. Just one.

JgS

So you're proposing a snark free zone by mocking the members you conciser snarky in your poll?

HulkSmash

Your little pole isn't going to do anything. They can "move on" right now if they don't like what someone is posting.

fresh

Your little pole isn't going to do anything.

Perhaps it is just about awareness. Perhaps one person will think twice about bullying an online stranger. Perhaps you can learn to ignore the people you don't want to help, instead of belittling them.

Can you please tell me why you ("you" as in an individual within this community, not specifically Coloradosigns) feel so motivated to put people down? Would you treat someone asking the same questions in person the same way you treat them online? We forget our manners when we are online, or perhaps its just that a majority of people never had them in the first place.

HulkSmash

Perhaps it is just about awareness. Perhaps one person will think twice about bullying an online stranger. Perhaps you can learn to ignore the people you don't want to help, instead of belittling them.

Can you please tell me why you feel so motivated to put people down? Would you treat someone asking the same questions in person the same way you treat them online? We forget our manners when we are online, or perhaps its just that a majority of people never had them in the first place.

Um i don't put anyone down. I'm actually more helpful then most on here. Why don't you do a little research before you point fingers at people.

Thanks.

Speedsterbeast

Oh Yeah?

The kerning and spacing on the original post was horrible. Where did you learn to post comments? Maybe you're in the wrong business if you can't even do that. And your grammar; just awful. Leave the thread starting to the professionals. Just Kidding. I actually am quite turned off by many of the posts. I blasted a guy a week or so ago for being an *** when a beginner was looking for some help on design, but all it does is feed their ego and make it more worth their while. Those people are spineless and miserable and just want to share their dissatisfaction with life with others. I think all we need is a smiley icon with a sign that reads "I'm miserable and want company" instead of a whole new category of thread

TammieH

Honestly I don't really care for how harsh some people can be either,

but I also think its also totally rude for people to ask what to charge for this or that job,
sooooo, sometimes I am grateful for the meanie heads! LOL :Big Laugh

SignManiac

I'm somewhat snarkless for the most part. I don't post 90% of what I'm usually thinking. Luckily sometime ago, I learned how to think twice and submit once.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
rainbowwwwws, lollipops

sugar bears, candy drops

i luv everyone.....

do do, do do do....

i feel great....

I suggest bringing back the NHB along with the new AHB (All Holds Barred)

It would be like nothing changed, they would cancel each other out.......

Marlene

they say there is no such thing as a stupid question, many have proved that wrong. snarky does get boring but so does "I'm a refrigerator repair man who is doing a design, tell me what you think" really? when some of us see a thread that we may be able to help, we do look in. 99% of the time, help is given but it is that other 1% of hobby people and hacks that just ticks people off so yes, they get a snarky response and yes, I would in real life too if some accountant told me he wanted to do design work as a side venture and tried to pick my brain for what I worked to learn