• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Snark-Free Response Forum

Do you want a SNARK-FREE forum?

• I want and would contribute to the Snark Free Discussions

Votes: 41 29.9%
  • SNARKYNESS FOREVER. Grow a thicker skin, newb!

Votes: 61 44.5%
  • Snark-free is okay with me. I'll just ingore the discussions I can't be positive on.

Votes: 35 25.5%

• Total voters

fresh

Um i don't put anyone down. I'm actually more helpful then most on here. Why don't you do a little research before you point fingers at people.

Thanks.

I meant individuals within this community, not specifically you. Sorry for the confusion.

Baz

Well I don't want a candy coated gumdrop section saying "Don't worry Timmy lets relocate your question to the fluff n stuff room and we can tell you your design is just peachy. We will shelter you from the real world. With the Snarky remarks there are usually understanding supportive remarks also. I am against participation ribbons and there will always be smart asses even on a snark free zone. who would police it anyway.

A Fluff n Stuff room sounds interesting o_O ... Tell me more ...

Shadowglen

As it stands there is a dead lock between Snark free I will judt ignore the posts, and NO Snark Free Zone. I think you would actually be eliminating a lot of peoples help. Even some of the Snarky comments usually have help in them. So If you have a segregated zone you are crippling the board in a sense. I think most things in this country are overregulated already. This forum is for people in the sign trade. If you can handle the world of business and dealing with the public why shelter yourself on a forum. I think you really need to look at the posts that are getting hammered on. A lot of the posts deserve at least a little tongue and cheek razzing but some people cant take criticism.

laserman70

Very simple..
You cannot put yourself out there and expect other to sugar coat everything.

When I started here, I got the hell beat out of me.. Everything i did was criticized.
It made me better, these people on this forum made me better..
They taught me a lot about the whole biz.

For that I am thankful to you all.....
I needed beat down to take me and our business to the level we are at now.

just my .02

bikecomedy

Snarky posts = opportunity to improve your people skills. Plus are some of the most truthful posts.

By far one of the better places to learn how to deal with it.

Enjoying learning and getting my arse handed to me on occasion.

Enjoyable group if you ask me.

fresh

Nice.

Don't know who you think you are but if you knew anything about me you would know I was joking around.

I VERY rarely post snarky responses. I've you're convinced I'm a worthless piece of chit you can go ahead and search through my thousands of posts and let us know just how many are snarky or not trying to be helpful.

I come on here on a daily basis to learn, help when I can, and see what the members here (some of which I would consider friends) are up to. I'll even usually try to help those newbies that come on with the whole "how much is the best printer and how quickly can I print stickerz with it".

Which brings me to my next question.... don't you have better things to do than whine about how mean everyone is? Suck it up, no one cares about your poll.

Like you said, if something bothers you - move on instead of posting useless nonsense. Pot....kettle.....black?

:thankyou:

You have just illustrated my point to a tee.
Sarcasm doesn't really work here. You can really try hard to convince me that is okay to be mean in jest, but isn't there enough strife in this world already?

When someone writes something that isn't so nice or helpful, it demeans all of us. Also, I never said that people who troll are never helpful. On the contrary, the most obnoxious members here are perhaps the most knowledgeable. Would it kill you to also be a tad bashful or compassionate to those who skills do not match yours?

So when the odd plumber comes around asking for a critique of their work, just say Hey, review this info, and then come back to us with your own revisions. Or even This is a professional forum, please remember we are not here to do your homework. Which is much more civilized reply than what we usually see.

SignManiac

All I'm going to say.

Attachments

• snarky.jpg
    snarky.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 215
  • snarky.jpg
    snarky.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 236

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones.

William Shakespeare

For every snarky and unhelpful post, there are hundreds that are the opposite. Someone seeking help is well advised to pick out the helpful replies and ignore those that are not. For management to actively try to eliminate those that are rude/snarky would result in an exodus of active members and Signs 101 becoming a ghost town.

fresh

For every snarky and unhelpful post, there are hundreds that are the opposite. Someone seeking help is well advised to pick out the helpful replies and ignore those that are not. For management to actively try to eliminate those that are rude/snarky would result in an exodus of active members and Signs 101 becoming a ghost town.

I'd say it would be 50/50 chance of that happening :supersmilie:
snark.jpg

EDIT: Also, I've never heard of someone leaving a community because people acted too civil. "OH Those Signs 101 folks are JUST TOO DARN PLEASANT TO BE AROUND! I'm outta here!"

PRS Bryan

While this may be true, it will also discourage new people from joining and contributing to the conversation.

The result being an insulated community that will plod on slowly transitioning into a ghost town.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A Fluff n Stuff room sounds interesting o_O ... Tell me more ...

You pervert........................ :Big Laugh

So OP, let me get this straight. You wanna put down the people with whose answers are not to your liking, by calling them names and degrading them ?? Hmmmmm..... now isn't that a novel idea ??
Yeah, it'll work, but not in a workplace where people are trying to make a living, while the butthead next to them is trying to steal jobs and money from your neighbor.... but all in good spirits.

Yes, there is definitely a new feel to this place and it's not nice, but whoever said life was all fun and games ?? Many people don't take any criticism to heart regardless of the delivery. You look at degrading and harsh criticisms as demeaning and cruel, but who learns anything when just talked to in a kind gentle voice ?? No one. Nothing and no one is taken seriously until you're hit right between the eyes. With your attitude, we could just tell kids in school.... you didn't fail every subject this semester, Johnny, because you're stoopid, you're just not given a chance. Sure, you're not a bright person, but then what's that matter ?? All the other kids here will carry you. They'll do your homework, look up your notes, tell ya where everything is located and maybe even let you cheat off their own papers, cause they don't want you upset. Besides, a happy stoopid person is better than a leech.

fresh

Yes, there is definitely a new feel to this place and it's not nice, but whoever said life was all fun and games ?? Many people don't take any criticism to heart regardless of the delivery. You look at degrading and harsh criticisms as demeaning and cruel, but who learns anything when just talked to in a kind gentle voice ?? No one. Nothing and no one is taken seriously until you're hit right between the eyes. With your attitude, we could just tell kids in school.... you didn't fail every subject this semester, Johnny, because you're stoopid, you're just not given a chance. Sure, you're not a bright person, but then what's that matter ?? All the other kids here will carry you. They'll do your homework, look up your notes, tell ya where everything is located and maybe even let you cheat off their own papers, cause they don't want you upset. Besides, a happy stoopid person is better than a leech.

I never said this was a snark-free zone. Snark away.

I'm not suggesting the entire site be snark free. Far from it. I would just like a little All Holds Barred corner. ONE small space where I can browse and not be disgusted by the human race. A page where all the responses are civil and productive. Even if its empty, it will be my sanctuary. Free from people who think treating others like garbage is a full-time job. Filled with encouraging and positive remarks. If Fred thinks that having one page where people are required to post with manners is going to cause a reduction in traffic to this site, than we are all damned. Seriously. We all might as well just give up on the human race.

MikePro

So I guess all the worthless pieces of sh1t trolls are all going to come out in this thread. Its like I'm dangling candy in front of everyone who has so little joy in their lives they have to put down people on an internet forum. Bravo.

ahem. hipKritsezwhat?

tough skin, bro. get sum. Life's more fun when you can respond to snarks in a gentlemanly way... and STILL make him look like a dick.
want to avoid the snarks altogether? internet is not for you. enjoy a trade show, meet some people in real life. sign guys love sign guys. with a beer in-hand and a couple hundred bucks-worth of samples in a to-go bag, and taking pictures with the hot chick repping the Ultraflex booth. real life is goood.
...and just like real-life, no one is entitled to respect just for showing-up. earn it and take your licks along the way, and then maybe be a bigger man and pass it on to the next guy without quite so much hassle.
...and learn how to use the search function.

Shadowglen

Hey I have got an Idea! Every month all of the members submit a picture of their most impressive job for that month. We will not comment positive or negative, or even vote for the best job but instead everyone who submits will get a participation ribbon. That way no one will feel that they are not as good as the others. And this bullying thing that is going on in this forum really needs to be addressed because, gosh darn,,,,, some folks on here were sheltered from competitiveness and standing their own ground in this new age that is nothing like when I was growing up.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I never said this was a snark-free zone. Snark away.

I'm not suggesting the entire site be snark free. Far from it. I would just like a little All Holds Barred corner. ONE small space where I can browse and not be disgusted by the human race. A page where all the responses are civil and productive. Even if its empty, it will be my sanctuary. Free from people who think treating others like garbage is a full-time job. Filled with encouraging and positive remarks. If Fred thinks that having one page where people are required to post with manners is going to cause a reduction in traffic to this site, than we are all damned. Seriously. We all might as well just give up on the human race.

Good-bye. You ARE the weakest link.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out to the Snark-Free room.

I don't know if you're a religious person, but I'm sure you could find a closet or some empty room in a church for your sanctuary to save the human race.

fresh

I don't know if you're a religious person, but I'm sure you could find a closet or some empty room in a church for your sanctuary to save the human race.

This doesn't comment does not make sense.

Anyway, why post if you have nothing positive to say? I'm actually asking you a direct question. Why do you insist on making rude or non-sense comments? Does it make you feel better to put others down? Please, I'm really curious, this is not a hypothetical or sarcastic question.

iprint

If you don't like the question, just ignore it and move on with your day.

Your answer lies in your original comment. Just replace 'question' with 'snarky comment'.
Why should the snarky be censored? Just because you may find some post's unwarranted or snarky does not give you the right to shut them up.