• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Print & Cut Hp!!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Ok can't say to much yet but HP is launching their own print and cut solution which is pretty awesome! I am looking at their system now and it's not surprising to me how smart they are but the way they partner with the best in the industry is really cool to see. Killer system they have developed! News will be out tomorrow once ISA starts. Feel free to PM for additional info

tomence

Whatever it is, it won't be any better than having two separate machines like HP and Summa, what are you gonna gain if they are attached?

jayhawksigns

Saving floor space if you are a small operation, but not production time if you are laminating.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

CanuckSigns

Nevermind, just looked at HP's website, it's called the latex 315, it's not a print/cut, it's a printer and a plotter sold together as a package, how is this news worthy? Every single shop that has a latex printer already has a stand alone plotter... Unless i'm missing something it looks like a bunch of hype over nothing.

equippaint

Nevermind, just looked at HP's website, it's called the latex 315, it's not a print/cut, it's a printer and a plotter sold together as a package, how is this news worthy? Every single shop that has a latex printer already has a stand alone plotter... Unless i'm missing something it looks like a bunch of hype over nothing.
If thats all it is then its old news. Im waiting for them to integrate a Cricut into the 110 and start selling them on Amazon.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Comes with "HP Signage Suite in the box, no design skills are needed—bring your ideas to life in 3 simple steps" I am the only one who thinks HP is bad for the industry?
I'm starting to see it this way... Their machines although was great for us to get started in this industry has helped the race to the bottom.

The Oce' Colorado looks to be for true production shops with much more advancements at a true industry price.

Last edited:

bannertime

Comes with "HP Signage Suite in the box, no design skills are needed—bring your ideas to life in 3 simple steps" I am the only one who thinks HP is bad for the industry?

I took a look at that design suite and it's beyond useless. Looks like HP is trying to get into the market as a service provider and skimming off the profits of small shops. They just so happen to sell printers and ink too. I love my latex printer, but I'm not diggin HP's business moves.

tomence

I'm starting to see it this way... Their machines although was great for us to get started in this industry has helped the race to the bottom.

The Oce' Colorado looks to be for true production shops with much more advancements at a true industry price.

This is the one I will be getting once my latex stops working

equippaint

Totally bad news. No disrespect to anyone but the people that buy them are digging the grave. The dealers will all get burned at some point also as HP will start selling directly to consumers and through mass market retailers just like everything else they make. Stop buying their stuff and support the companies that will never go mass market like mimaki, mutoh roland etc.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
lol what in the world would make you guys think that HP is up to some master plan to go direct? HP is going to continue to dominate the market by coming out with machines and software that allow clients more flexibility and creativity than other machines. All the soft fabrics available now for latex is amazing. No other machine can do the amount of applications HP can do. In your opinion, why do you think the Latex has become the #1 machine in the Market?(by a huge margin also) Price? You can buy Mutohs for less so why is Mutoh tanking so hard? I know there are some downsides to latex, but you just don't understand how HP works, as a company. They are the most loyal vendor you can ask for, I wish I could say that about the other guys.

The Colorado UV Gel is not that interesting, it's super fast but so many limitations. Smells, wouldn't run any soft fabrics, wouldn't do a scratch test, the price tag is too high. Great for banner and stickers but for $60k I am not sure what market it's attacking. Maybe as a go between from an HP 570 and an HP 1500. The industry is transitioning rapidly into soft signage and this wasn't what I was expecting from that machine. The markets that are growing faster then anything else, this machine is not good for. Can't do interior applications with the fumes of UV like wall graphics either. I'm sure it's great for something though.