• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new roland printer?

wes70

Anyone know any inside info on the new Roland small format?

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 152

Pat Whatley

Isn't it about time for somebody to crank out the 24 inch "housewife hobby machine" and completely send the industry into the dumper?

TheSellOut

Is this what you were looking for Pat?!? Lol, I just recieved this email this morning

Attachments

• 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 131

OldPaint

pat you mean this business can go deeper in the dumper???)))))))))))) being an old "paint guy", i seen it go into the "proverbial dumper" with the chinese plotters for cheap. THEN......i seen it go deeper with the advent of the "gota keep the printer runnin" crowd..........i thought it was scrapping the bottom of the barrel already))))))

Mike_Koval

If it is a small format printer, I don't think that it is going to be marketed as a "sign making" machine. In the apparel industry, it would be great to have a small format solvent printer. This is a perfect add-on to any screen printer who typically turns away 1-12 piece jobs for nylon, performance wear and even basic t's and sweats.

This machine would also be perfect for promotional products...can coozies, bags, totes, poly pro bags, binders, cd cases, etc.

Also would be perfect for those who dont want to invest in the DTG knowing they arent going to use it day in and day out. If maintenance is like the versacamm units, I can see nothing but good things with this unit.

I am a huge fan of Roland and I am most definitely interested in seeing what this is. IF it is a small format...I for one cant wait.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
can we stop all the "this industries going in the dumper" crap....

I make a good buck, and i'm sure there are alot of you that do to.

quit bitching about progress and make your money....

Border

I gotta agree with Darlak on this one. This might be a great machine for the smaller shop who subs out all their large format printing & wrap prints, but could really use a small machine like this one to handle the smaller, quick turnaround jobs. 2010 was my best year yet and so far, 2011 is up around 20%. I'm booked out several weeks.

Pat Whatley

can we stop all the "this industries going in the dumper" crap....

Hell no. I spent years listening to an old fart complain that he couldn't paint anymore because they took the lead out of the paint....then I spent years listening to old farts like OP complain that plotters took away all the lettering business....then I spent years listening to the vinyl guys bitch that digital printing was killing the business.....well dammit, I'm 40 now, it's my turn to bitch.

You just wait until I get back on my rant about the coming wave of LED sign spinners killing my directional sign business.

Robert M

Small format

Mimaki has the CJV30-60 which is a 24" eco solvent printer/cutter. Only problem I see is that no one makes 24" digital media.

g1sammons

or maybe we could get one to print on 3 " media that will plug into my iphone so i dont have to go back to the office to print those little stickers;}