• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NGlantz or USCutter

sign_noob

Does anyone have any experience ordering vinyl from either NGlantz or USCutter? Prices for Oracal 751 are actually cheeper from USCutter but I'd like to know if I should consider NGlantz from a quality or service perspective.

Christian @ 2CT Media

N.Glantz is our go to supplier, my rep is awesome and super helpful.

USCutter is a decent start point but being online only poses a few issues. They are typically prompt and well priced.

kheebl

I have ordered from uscutter a bunch of times. They are always great to work with and get it shipped out quick.

Desert_Signs

N.Glantz is our go to supplier, my rep is awesome and super helpful.

USCutter is a decent start point but being online only poses a few issues. They are typically prompt and well priced.

Same thing to about Glantz. My rep is awesome too. It's unfortunate he lives closer to you, so you probably see him more.

:noway:

Christian @ 2CT Media

Same thing to about Glantz. My rep is awesome too. It's unfortunate he lives closer to you, so you probably see him more.

:noway:

Thats a nice thing... He personally delivers items quite frequently.

The biggest plus I have with N.Glantz and my Rep Garrick in general is that he is a wealth of knowledge and nearly always available if a question arises. He is on par with my HP supplier Toryon and their Rep Jake who I have followed between two companies.

For us quality of service is far greater then price and in all honestly we are typically only talking about $10 here or there in cost difference between all of my suppliers.

Desert_Signs

Thats a nice thing... He personally delivers items quite frequently.

The biggest plus I have with N.Glantz and my Rep Garrick in general is that he is a wealth of knowledge and nearly always available if a question arises. He is on par with my HP supplier Toryon and their Rep Jake who I have followed between two companies.

For us quality of service is far greater then price and in all honestly we are typically only talking about $10 here or there in cost difference between all of my suppliers.

First Garrick is cheating on me and now I have to find out about Jake too? DammIt lol

sign_noob

Price

I've noticed that NGlantz has a little higher price on their vinyl but that doesn't concern me too much. I am more interested in quality of product. I once ordered from USCutter and they sent me some vinyl from the end of a roll and it tunneled badly. They were very receptive when I contacted them about this and promptly refunded me my money but it left me wondering if they don't care about quality of product as much as NGlantz would. I already have quite a bit of vinyl from USCutter but I need to place an order for about 15 additional colors on 50 yard rolls so my main concern is if USCutter would send me old rolls that they have in their inventory vs NGlantz.

Desert_Signs

I've noticed that NGlantz has a little higher price on their vinyl but that doesn't concern me too much. I am more interested in quality of product. I once ordered from USCutter and they sent me some vinyl from the end of a roll and it tunneled badly. They were very receptive when I contacted them about this and promptly refunded me my money but it left me wondering if they don't care about quality of product as much as NGlantz would. I already have quite a bit of vinyl from USCutter but I need to place an order for about 15 additional colors on 50 yard rolls so my main concern is if USCutter would send me old rolls that they have in their inventory vs NGlantz.

It's tough to say. I can only speak to the srvice I receive from my branch. I've been working with them for 5 years and have never had an issue that wasn't cleared up immediately

Zx360

Kim and Andy are the inside sales reps in the wi branch, Andy has been with them a long time and knows his stuff, Kim's been around about 3 years and has gotten a lot better. Andy has actually brought us material in a bind on his way home because hi lives near our shop. Those 2 are the only reason we still buy anything from that company.
our outside sales rep was awesome, and they let him go... We had to beg for a new rep. He has been out once and told us that we aren't their ideal customer because we don't buy material by the skid load and that until we do, he has no interest in helping us and we aren't worth his time to stop by. That was the first and last time a glantz rep has been out since our old rep was let go.
when we went to the nbm show a few years back we complained to the brass that was at the show and they blew us off also....

that said, is buy from glantz over us utter if your in the south east wi, region.

TDFcustomSL

I have ordered a couple times from US cutter, no vinyl just tools and supplies, and have yet to receive something not damaged or defective. When trying to tell someone about it I get the run around and eventually give up trying. Not impressed with their customer service or packaging methods.

MikePro

+1 Nglantz rocks, out of north milwaukee area. Midwest Sign Supply and Fellers are also located out of Franklin and great options to have for suppliers around here.
Advantage is out of Chicago and is another great option for this area.

Talk with your rep about pricing, and they'll always work out better $$$ for the items you purchase more often.

Last edited:

ExecuPrintGS

Wensco is also out of the chicago area if i remember right. We are using them a lot. Kent is our salesman and goes above and beyond for us

sign_noob

You guys have been Great!

Thanks everyone for your help! It's nice to know that people still care and are willing to help.