• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not a new member, But a New Business Owner!

visualeyez

Hey guys and gals. Just wanted to let you know a little about myself. I've been a member here for years and never formally introduced myself. I have worked at 3 different Print/Sign shops over the last 7 years. Starting out as the main designer and printer operator after receiving a two year degree in art. Five years ago I moved to Corvallis, OR to attend the OSU College of business. I landed a job at the main sign place there right away, and have been doing that up until july of this year.
That Is when I decided it was time to go into business on my own. One of our rival shops in town was shut down by the bank and I ended up buying their printer, cutter, and computer; and moving back to my home town to open up shop.
My friend had a 200 sq.ft. storefront he was renting right on HWY 101 in the middle of downtown. He runs a Surf rental shop. I was luckily enough to score half of the space. Not much, but it works for now.

So the Business name I went with is: D'sinez
Pronounced like "designs" however the D is for my last name Delaney, and the rest is a play on signs.

weblogo.jpg

building.jpg

inside1.jpg

And a sign we just finished and installed today:

mayo1.jpg

Thanks for reading,
-Keith Delaney

Offsite pic replaced. Please read our rules and instructions on photo posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Suz

Keith,
Although your shop is small, it looks very nice! I'm wishing you lots of good things!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:thumb: Good Luck.........................

Attachments

• acorn good luck.jpg
    acorn good luck.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 67

GoodPeopleFlags

Good luck!

Do you want critque on your name/logo? (cuz it's very hard to read and I wouldn't know how to pronounce it even when it's just spelled out in regular type. Oops. Guess I gave you a small critique anyway.)

GypsyGraphics

a warm welcome from sunny california
-gg

man oh man... deciphering your company name is hard work!

if you did nothing else... adjust the tracking between the D, hyphen and Z.
it's so difficult to read, the hyphen makes the ascender of the D the look like a K.

i lied.. do something else too... the I's title (dot) needs some speration, it looks like a lowercase L.

LOVE your shop!