• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not a Sign, but...

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I designed it in Flexi....and it does have some DiBond in it...

Took me a few weeks to design it and 4 months to build it.

2012-07-28 20.02.47.jpg

2012-07-28 20.03.03.jpg

2012-07-28 20.03.16.jpg

very center piece in floor needs to be replaced.... it was sticking up and driving me nutts, so i cut an X in it to force me to fix it....

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Very Cool! Are you selling the plans?

i'd give them away, but i'm afraid they are designed in a somewhat dave darlak short hand, if anyone could understand them, i'd be afraid....

gazebo 2.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Excellent.

Is some of that made from that expensive new recycled plastic materials ??

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Is some of that made from that expensive new recycled plastic materials ??

the decking is the composite decking, i assume there are recycled plastics in them.

i tried to go maintence free, the interior of the roof is recycled telephone (cedar) poles cut into 1" boards, they should last until i'm gone, the posts are treated 4'x4' with the PVC covers...

total cost was around $2600

Last edited:

SignManiac

Turned out great. I've had plans now for the past couple of years to build a half of one to cover up my well in the front yard, yet still give me access from the back to do any necessary work on it if need be.

skyhigh

very nice craftsmanship !!! Looks great!!

Although I never could get the gist of sitting in the backyard under a little round gazebo. I'm more the pavilion with a fireplace kinda guy.

Ohhhhh and that center piece is screwed up.

ps. Love the copula on top. Attention to detail..... you nailed it.

John L

Looks great! Nice job.

My cad plans for most things I build for myself end up looking the exact same way as yours.

Go on out and enjoy it while you can. It's gonna be covered in snow in 3...2...1....

SignosaurusRex

Nice work Dave! I hope you enjoyed building it as much as I do those projects. Therapeutic and a real switch from the norm.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I hope you enjoyed building it as much as I do those projects.

It's a good break from the sign business, sometimes you have to be careful being too creative on a sign that's only paying so much, it's good to get carried away on your own projects.

it was fun and satisfying, but i was sure glad it was done.

Although I never could get the gist of sitting in the backyard under a little round gazebo. I'm more the pavilion with a fireplace kinda guy.

I'm a fire guy myself, the fire-pit is about 20 feet away, this is for the women...( although i do enjoy a dew minutes in peace when i come home)

It's gonna be covered in snow in 3...2...1....

got two old banners, i'm going to make a skirt to wrap it up for the winter...can't wait...:(