• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not liking the new site design.

J Hill Designs

2. when you click a thread it instantly goes to the last post instead of the top. If you go through the forums and click it goes to the first post, but with the updated thread list like I assume most use on this site it is nice not to scroll all the way down to the bottom of a thread that you have already read.

the little tiny arrow thing to the left of the thread title takes you to last unread post

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
2. when you click a thread it instantly goes to the last post instead of the top. If you go through the forums and click it goes to the first post, but with the updated thread list like I assume most use on this site it is nice not to scroll all the way down to the bottom of a thread that you have already read.

There is a small blue icon that, when clicked, takes you to the first unread post. Clicking the thread title itself takes you to the first post of the thread whether you've read it or not. If you want to go to the first unread post from there, you can still click the "Go to first unread" icon that is shown near the top of the thread.

signage

Why is this happening

Fred or anyone why is this happening. How is one to know what is in these drop downs?

IE9

Also can you fix this, on the right side the buddy ist box same size as images to keep from ending up with some names in 2 lines?

Attachments

• posted already.jpg
    posted already.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 85
  • posted already.jpg
    posted already.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred or anyone why is this happening. How is one to know what is in these drop downs?

IE9

Also can you fix this, on the right side the buddy ist box same size as images to keep from ending up with some names in 2 lines?

Looks to my like it's an IE9 issue and/or your video setup. I am unable to duplicate either problem with Firefox. I am able to duplicate the Flash banner overlaying the drop down menu in IE8 but the module width in your second screen shot is OK. If you refresh your screen so that a non Flash banner is under the dropdown, then the display is correct.

Kottwitz-Graphics

The biggest issue is that on my cell phone (droid), it won't let me log in for some reason.

Also, what I don't quite get is why are some posts red, some blue? And how do we know if the post is in a premium or public section?

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm still missing being able to know if I posted to a thread or not. signage mentioned about the 'New Thread' category, but that only works down to the first batch or so. It won't show you an hour out let alone a day or two, unless nothing takes place.

Not a real complaint, but that's how I managed to keep tabs on threads I was interested in. I can't remember all the threads I participate in without those little tabbie things.

What do others do ??

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The biggest issue is that on my cell phone (droid), it won't let me log in for some reason.

Also, what I don't quite get is why are some posts red, some blue? And how do we know if the post is in a premium or public section?

Are you using the Forum Runner app on your smart phone?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm still missing being able to know if I posted to a thread or not. signage mentioned about the 'New Thread' category, but that only works down to the first batch or so. It won't show you an hour out let alone a day or two, unless nothing takes place.

Not a real complaint, but that's how I managed to keep tabs on threads I was interested in. I can't remember all the threads I participate in without those little tabbie things.

What do others do ??

I don't have an answer for you other than what Signage gave. You can always subscribe to a thread but then you'll be getting notifications you'll have to keep up with everytime someone posts on the thread.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
No, just looking at it on the browser.

I'm a bit at a loss because I don't use a smart phone. I would think you'll be best off if you download the Forum Runner app and use it ... which is what we have installed for smartphone users. Maybe someone else using it can chime in.

gabagoo

I finally figured out why I couldn't log in! I had bookmarked the old "current threads" page. That's no longer there, so I do have to admit, the threads on the main page is nice. I kinda like the new look. It's just like Facebook. No one likes the upgrades, but it's always nice once you get used to it.

me too, took me all day to try and just come in using signs101.com

signage

Fred it is also happening on Chrome!

this is a different computer, so 2 computers 2 different browsers!

the things on the right are correct.

Last edited:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred it is also happening on Chrome!

this is a different computer, so 2 computers 2 different browsers!

the things on the right are correct.

All I can tell you is that it's related to the same issue with the way the forum software handles Flash banners. We had a similar issue with the old software with the Flash banners overlaying uploaded image displays. I'll pass it along to Anthony.

Marlene

maybe after a few years, I will come to like it but for now it seems strange to get aroud. me no likey

ThinkRight

Here's the thing guys and gals ...

We were running on version 3 of our forum software and portal software and getting more and more vulnerable to hackers. Our portal software is no longer being published because the owner died about four or five years ago. This upgrade took us to the current stable version of our forum software and we also changed to a new portal software. So this was a major change internally that Anthony and I spent six months testing on a test site before I OK'd the change. For me, there is a lot more that is new to learn than for all of you. We've made every effort to preserve the look and feel of the old software. So whatever is different for you may take some getting used to and we are looking for comments, so keep them coming.

The new software is mostly CSS based while the old was template based. Making changes is more difficult now for me. This means that a few changes we made over the last ten years may be more difficult to do or have been lost forever. The red text display of premium forums was a template change that Bobby Fosson figured out as a hack ... It is gone forever. The different styles, like Carbon and Harvest are something I will try to recreate in the future, but for now are gone. Indicators that you have posted in a thread, etc. were probably in the design of the old portal software and not in the new. The positioning of the page numbers in the Recent Threads block is something I had changed. If most prefer it at the bottom, I will change it to there.

The new software makes us safer, supposedly faster and has a number of new features including an improved search. We hope those of you who are put off by the new interface will give it a chance for you to get used to it.
All of this work and still no thumbs up or down to rate a post ?
:noway:
I can get used to it.
:smile:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:ROFLMAO:

Same here.....although I'm going to keep my complaining to a minimum as I'm sure Fred is sick of hearing us all crying about all the changes! :Oops:

Oh well...probably for the best, I've definitely gotten a lot more done today than I would've with the old site.

got that straight................... :omg:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
All of this work and still no thumbs up or down to rate a post ?
:noway:
I can get used to it.
:smile:

The thread ratings are all available in the gray block at the top of the thread. Smilies are available if you use the Advanced Reply instead of the Quick Reply. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

:signs101:

Attachments

• thread ratings.jpg
    thread ratings.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 87

petepaz

no issues here just have to get used to where everything is and how to navigate. i have a couple of other forums i go on and they are similar.

:thumb: