• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not to contribute to that mess being created in another thread

I'd like to say first of all I did not want to contribute any further is that thread going down in flames. I started this one to see if he follows and if he continues his attacks on everyone. I felt I couldn't talk without being attacked by a silly simple-minded nut.

I don't want to sound ignorant, but that thread containing all those posts by PatriotWorks really irked me. Not what he says, but his appraoch and delivery. If you think about it the very people he's condemning and putting down is exactly how he acts and reacts. He does nothing but tell you how you should think or behave. Otherwise he has a knack to have everyone thinking they are beneath him. He is no different from the people he says to avoid. Around here, we have an old word for someone like him. Cockalorum and it fits him quite well.
Ok, got that off my chest. I feel belter now. I don't normally deal with people like him and really don't like people like him as I said in my earlier post.
Excuse me if I stepped on anyone's toes, but I felt I needed to say this. I really like this place and he seemed to be ruining it for many members.

:u rock:

Saturn

Aging Member
It's human nature to not want to miss out on anything that's going on, but I find the actual "Ignore" function you can activate for individual users to be a godsend for my blood pressure...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
As mentioned, the guy was annoying as all get out. His feeble attempts to bring havoc to a sign forum, just seemed to be getting worse. It's funny, cause most of what he said, I could identify with, but his course of action was horrendous. If he is what this country is supposed to be like, I might give russia a second look. Maybe even china......................

Johnny Best

I did not have a problem with him. Twitter is worse than that. If I do not like something I just do not read it or get involved. PatriotWorks is a smart guy and some of you do not know how to battle him and you become frustrated and look to the group to agree with you. Sort of the same way The View talk show is run. Free thoughts and speech, its what I stand for. We are f'ng sign guys, not politicians.

Scotchbrite

No comment
If you have someone on ignore, can you even see if they posted? Does it completely hide the post or just hide what was posted?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
The ignore button works well. I kind of enjoyed the humor there. Sometimes you just have to put on your big girl pants and laugh at the absurd.

Yes I can understand. When he started saying things that weren't true and pinning them on me I just saw red. That's the kind of stuff you don't mess with. Sometimes it hits closer to home than you would think. I'll look into this ignore business. Isn't it a shame we need to resort to such games on a sign forum.

Taryn

I kinda stopped caring about reading what he says after my silly little side note with hydra vulgaris in the conversation was over, honestly. While he may have very good points to think about, he keeps attacking peoples' character in bad faith arguments and strawmen rather than actually making his point. I personally don't care to listen to people if that's their only way of keeping the attention on them, because I have a bad temper I'm learning to manage.
I did ask for his sources to try to learn his viewpoint in good faith and got one post saying "look it up yourself" and one that, if I recall, was basically an interview with a bias. I don't really care enough to unignore to find those posts again. I do feel bad for him losing his kid because of a vaccine pushed in the 60s(?), but I've got compassion fatigue from the rest of the world's issues and vinyl work to do, anyway -- my reason for being on this forum is to learn how to better do my job, not argue politics and science that I don't understand fully understand with people who are still hurting from a major loss.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
If you have someone on ignore, can you even see if they posted? Does it completely hide the post or just hide what was posted?
They are invisible... unless someone quotes them. You can see the reply, but the quote says "you are ignoring this member". You can click to view that message, if you want to read it for context to what the reply was about.

Taryn

They are invisible... unless someone quotes them. You can see the reply, but the quote says "you are ignoring this member". You can click to view that message, if you want to read it for context to what the reply was about.
Oh, I didn't know you could click on that to get the original message. I'm gonna forget this information to keep up the idea of arguing with a ghost, though. :)

I did not have a problem with him. Twitter is worse than that. If I do not like something I just do not read it or get involved. PatriotWorks is a smart guy and some of you do not know how to battle him and you become frustrated and look to the group to agree with you. Sort of the same way The View talk show is run. Free thoughts and speech, its what I stand for. We are f'ng sign guys, not politicians.
How exactly do you battle someone that believes such insane stores as children being held in tunnels under Ukraine for use by the "global elites"?
And that bullshit Putin/Trump fanfic that he kept quoting? If it really was a big secret phone call between Putin and Trump then who was transcribing it verbatim? You'd think that if it's the two Saviors of Humanity vs the ENTIRE NWO, GLOBAL ELITES, SATANISTS, BLAH BLAH BLAH, then they would maybe have stricter security. Maybe it was just something someone made up to lionize Putin and justify his murder of thousands (and counting) but he believes every single word of it.
How do you battle someone who doesn't trust ANY reputable sources? Any source that is left of Far Right is Extreme Far Left in his eyes and controlled by the "Global Elites". He'll believe a complete random stranger on some Telegraph channel over any actual news source.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
How exactly do you battle someone that believes such insane stores as children being held in tunnels under Ukraine for use by the "global elites"?
And that bullshit Putin/Trump fanfic that he kept quoting? If it really was a big secret phone call between Putin and Trump then who was transcribing it verbatim? You'd think that if it's the two Saviors of Humanity vs the ENTIRE NWO, GLOBAL ELITES, SATANISTS, BLAH BLAH BLAH, then they would maybe have stricter security. Maybe it was just something someone made up to lionize Putin and justify his murder of thousands (and counting) but he believes every single word of it.
How do you battle someone who doesn't trust ANY reputable sources? Any source that is left of Far Right is Extreme Far Left in his eyes and controlled by the "Global Elites". He'll believe a complete random stranger on some Telegraph channel over any actual news source.

Yet that person commanded so much of our attention... who are the real fools?