• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

not too happy with Paypal

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Eric,
would it be economical for you to get a credit card service and keep the customers credit card on file?
I'm just glad that wasn't my email:)

I do accept cards. My business is comprised of 45% cc, 45% paypal and 10% checks

Some people just prefer paypal. I guess they don't want me to have their cc info

Last edited:

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
UPDATE

Hmmmmm. I just got a new payment tonight. Let's see if it stays.

Either it is a coincidence or said user is a member/lurker here.

Don't worry, if you are reading this all info is strictly confidential.

fisheye48

that sucks....i HATE paypal!!!! they froze my account becasue they had it had been hacked and there were numerous charges on it that i didnt authorize...i never recieved a phone call or anything asking about said charges...when i asked them about it they said i could create a new account and everything would be ok...created new account and verified with the debit card and i got the message "cannot activate due to fraudulent card" called the bank and they said card was good, called paypal they said they bank had locked the card and it i was sent a new card becasue of my account being hacked with paypal...long story short i kept getting the run around with paypal and use them as little as possiable to this date....good luck and fight them tooth and nail to get whats yours back

Marlene

I can't believe some scum would do that to you Eric. your prices are so low for the service that you do, who ever did it should be hung from the yard arm. it was nothing more than a robbery. glad to hear that you received payment after posting this thread.

CES020

What do you mean you got a new payment Eric? You mean someone Paypal'd you the amount? If so, that's incorrect. You need Paypal to fix it, not someone to dump more money into it. That'll leave the dispute open which will end up possibly closed against you.

I had a customer dispute via Paypal one time and they waited 6 months to say they never got the item. I had every shipping document and delivery confirmation showing they did get it. Paypal ruled in my favor and paid me. With the email you have there, you can file that as a supporting document to their dispute resolution team.

What happens then is they contact the buyer with that document and make them provide proof against it. In cases like this, with your smoking gun email, what will probably happen is the buyer will not respond. When they don't respond for a number of days (not sure what that number is now), then they automatically rule in your favor.

It's not hard to resolve, just provide the email to them, and you'll be fine.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
What do you mean you got a new payment Eric? You mean someone Paypal'd you the amount? If so, that's incorrect. You need Paypal to fix it, not someone to dump more money into it. That'll leave the dispute open which will end up possibly closed against you.

I had a customer dispute via Paypal one time and they waited 6 months to say they never got the item. I had every shipping document and delivery confirmation showing they did get it. Paypal ruled in my favor and paid me. With the email you have there, you can file that as a supporting document to their dispute resolution team.

What happens then is they contact the buyer with that document and make them provide proof against it. In cases like this, with your smoking gun email, what will probably happen is the buyer will not respond. When they don't respond for a number of days (not sure what that number is now), then they automatically rule in your favor.

It's not hard to resolve, just provide the email to them, and you'll be fine.

The original person, posted a new payment. Maybe they read this thread and felt guilt or it was a coincidence. I've been bugging them via email

CES020

Eric, that's bad. You do not want that. It will show a negative on your paypal experience and they will show you as someone that's had a questionable transaction, which, in the future, can sway their decisions in future issues.

Take the proof of the new payment and submit it to Paypal as supporting documents for the case. You do not want this to go against you.

I know mathematically, it all works out the same, but basically someone has told Paypal you do shotty work, and now that's "on your record". You need that off your record. In fact, if you resolve it in your favor, through their process, it can make your cases stronger in the future.

Why would that person make another payment instead of retracting their claim? Doesn't make sense. All they need to do is go through the same dispute resolution center and tell them the case has been resolved and they are fine with it.

Something's not right. Make sure it's resolved THROUGH paypal, not through additional payments.

omgsideburns

When I had my old business, PayPal was a pain and their rules were a lot more in favor of the seller than the customer. eBay and PayPal have really shifted this over and it's pushing out a lot of retailers.

Chargebacks and PayPal disputes are the two most irritating things about dealing with sales when the transaction isn't done face to face. No matter how happy you think the customer was, there is that slight chance they might file the chargeback just to see if they can get their money back.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
In my mercifully brief dealings with Pay Pal I found that each and every functionary I encountered to be a breathtaking combination of arrogance and ignorance. Even severing all ties with them required threats of immediate legal action on my part. Now that I'm completely shut of them I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
At this point, I am happy to have payment. If it was a significant amount I would pursue it further but with the lack of communication, going back and asking for this to be done in a different way may be futile. I cannot imageine 1 in 1000 transactions should matter to paypal. Trust me paypal phone support is marginal. I could not get anywhere when speaking to someone at their overseas customer service people who barely spoke english

CES020

Eric, I assure you it's worth your time to dispute this. It WILL change the way you are treated in any future instances. It only takes about 5 minutes to log into the account and upload the proper screen shots or files.

If you do it now, you'll be fine. If you get down the road and realize you should have corrected it, you'll have no way to correct it.

I understand you got the money and think that's the end of it, but it's not. Essentially, the guy has screwed up your paypal credit. It's not exactly credit, but that's basically what he's done to you. If there is an issue in the future, it might not be for a small amount, it might be a large amount and when Paypal looks at your account and see's a claim that went in favor of the other person, it will affect their decision to go in your favor for the future.

Come on, it takes less time to do it right than it does to post on this forum!

Fix it right and protect your name and account.