• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not your everyday kinda sign deal.............................

skyhigh

heck with the guns.....When did you get a bucket truck??? Pictures???

should have talked to me before you bought.

Mainframe

I have a loaded S&W 380 in my right front pocket from the second I get up until I retire for the night. Even then it is within arms reach, As far as I know I have never been "made" from anyone around me seeing it. I also train with it and am quite pleased with how well it performs with and without the laser. Mine has 7 shots and I have extra clips if I need them. I have 2 banks within spitting distance from my shop that have both been hit and a guy was killed a few days ago down the back alley performing a home invasion on an armed houseboat owner. I hope I never need to use my weapon, but if some freak comes rolling into a McDonalds or a movie I am at, he will get my best shots, and God help him if I get all seven out. I like to pocket carry because you can literally produce your weapon in seconds. Regardless of how you choose to carry, being prepared and trained is key. Glad everything is ok for you Gino and also glad you have the brains to be ready.

skyhigh

Garbago
Being certified to carry means you do not show ANY PART OF GUN unless your life is being threaten, at which point it is hopefully to late for intended target.

Well at least in this state no open carry yet. except when hunting.

kinda backwards Craig.
A concealed carry permit means you are allowed to conceal. If you don't have the conceal carry, then you must open carry......of course that will get you into trouble also.

cha88

if more smart people had guns, more dumb people would be afraid... instead its the other way around!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, it was on the news last night and today.........

Seems a neighbor of one guy was upset about his neighbor's dog. For whatever reason the dog ran away [I'm only assuming] the guy must've threatened the dog and when it ran away, he shot the neighbor at point blank range on his own front porch..... killing him instantly. Another person up the street, not knowing about the killing was bringing the dog back on a leash and the gunman shot him wounding him fiercely. That guy is also in bad shape from the early morning news but is believed will recover.

Bruce is gonna be rethinking what he's gonna do with the rest of his life, while the other guy has nothing to worry about...... anymore.

The guy shooting was I believe 51 years old and the dead guy...... was only 64.

The church incident down the street had nothing to do with it, but it wasn't important enough to make the news. Guess nobody was hurt enough on that one.

I have to go back there in about 20 minutes to drop something off with Rod the mechanic. This ought to be fun. :doh:

Marlene

all the shootings are just regular folks who get pi$$ed off or go nuts, not hearing much of anything but that lately and it is every where. I guess it is what happens in a gun toting society where the rights of the gun toters matters more than the rights of others. I personally am sick of it all. I hate wondering if I will die just going to work or a movie because some numbnut decides to shot a bunch of stangers.

SignosaurusRex

....... I hate wondering if I will die just going to work or a movie because some numbnut decides to shot a bunch of stangers.

You have a far greater chance of being killed in a car accident...within a mile and half of your home than you do being shot by someone. Unless of course, you have a tendency of pissing off nut-jobs.

Baz

Glad to hear nothing hapened to you .. Thats some serious **** but then again ... evey city has it's crazies. Funny also .. Reading doesn't "look" like that bad a city compared to others.

Like you say though ... It's always good to be prepared :thumb:

Hicalibersigns

I figure at close range, I'll hit anything in front of me. My wife practices with me and is quite a good shot, which sometimes scares me when we get to drinking...........

Go take a defensive shotgun course and you will quickly learn just how wrong you are. It is easy to miss with a shot gun. Very easy. You are correct that with the proper ammo a shotgun can be a devastating weapon, but you certainly can miss even at close range.

Marlene

You have a far greater chance of being killed in a car accident...within a mile and half of your home than you do being shot by someone. Unless of course, you have a tendency of pissing off nut-jobs.

the chances seem to be more likely than ever before and the nut-jobs out there could care less who they kill. just look at the victims from the movie killings. I don't think that little 6 year old pi$$ed off the guy. it used to be "big city" stuff. we in the rural areas didn't have to worry much about things like that. now, it is everywhere and could be in your own town no matter how peaceful and small it is. we had a school shooting a couple of years back where a guy went in with a gun and shot and killed a couple of teachers. it happened right here in the town I work in. this town is small and nothing ever happens here. it is the last place one would expect to hear of a shooting but it happened and can at any time, in any place. there was a time when you knew better than to walk down a dark street or back alley, or to wander around a big city in bad neighborhoods but now, it could be in the very places we feel safe in. I'm sick of that.

Flame

all the shootings are just regular folks who get pi$$ed off or go nuts, not hearing much of anything but that lately and it is every where. I guess it is what happens in a gun toting society where the rights of the gun toters matters more than the rights of others. I personally am sick of it all. I hate wondering if I will die just going to work or a movie because some numbnut decides to shot a bunch of stangers.

How'd this get turned into a gun control thread? No matter what country you're in, ANYWHERE, you can purchase a weapon to kill someone instantly. The black market is so easily accessible in even the strictest of countries, especially with the internet. We're stuck with having crazy nut jobs always having something to kill someone with. Never changing, we just have to be on our guard and hopefully can protect ourselves. Been that way since the beginning of time.

Killing someone over a dog...this guy had to just have one wire snap to even consider that. WTH. Glad you're ok Gino, that's some crazy ish to go down right next to you.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Go take a defensive shotgun course and you will quickly learn just how wrong you are. It is easy to miss with a shot gun. Very easy. You are correct that with the proper ammo a shotgun can be a devastating weapon, but you certainly can miss even at close range.

Quite possibly so, but after skeet shooting at over a 90% rating, I'm sure I'll hit something less than 25 yards away.... let alone down a hallway without even aiming.

Anyway, I didn't need to take my gun out at this incident and hope I never do, but like I said..... I'm ready for the most part.

Marlene... this is probably one out of 100 that had to do with two normal citizens and not gang crap. This is really rare in my area. Almost everything is gang related, but it still gets outa hand from time to time.

To make matters worse, some years ago, a gunman went into an Amish school and started blasting away at innocent children who don't even know about inner city problems. They were truly innocent and the parents forgave the the terrorist who committed the crime. I don't remember how many dead, but he was another nutcase wanting to take someone on without too much confrontation, so he not only picked a school as you mentioned, he picked a one-roomed school house with Amish children in it.

You are correct, there are a lot of nut cases out there, but they wouldn't be so brave, if more people were capable of defending themselves. Defending..... not wielding nutjobs. There is a difference.

Marlene

Marlene... this is probably one out of 100 that had to do with two normal citizens and not gang crap. This is really rare in my area. Almost everything is gang related, but it still gets outa hand from time to time.

that is scary to lie with gang crap, glad I don't have that (yet) to worry about. it just ticked me off to hear that you couldn't even go to pick up a truck without being in the line of fire. it may have sounded like a gun control rant but it was more of a fed up with this $hit rant. for the record, I own a gun too.

Scott Reynolds

Here in Vegas last Sunday a masked robber wielding a samurai sword went into a local restaurant. He was shot twice in the chest, he is no longer with us.

Samurai sword? Really?

Gino, Im right there with ya.

Baz

Here in Vegas last Sunday a masked robber wielding a samurai sword went into a local restaurant. He was shot twice in the chest, he is no longer with us.

Samurai sword? Really?

Gino, Im right there with ya.

Was it a sushi restaurant?? Maybe he wanted to apply for a job as a ninja chef? :ROFLMAO:

mark galoob

lol, this reminds me of the pharmacist in ok that shot and killed the armed robber in his store. after the robber went down, the pharmasist went and stood right on top of the body and used his gun to make hambergur meat out of the dude...lol i heard they put the pharmisist in prison for that one. now if the pharmacist would have emptied the mag from a distance after the guy was down they prob would have let that slide. i can totally relate to making sure the bad guy is dead dead...

mark galoob

Gino

Premium Subscriber
heck with the guns.....When did you get a bucket truck??? Pictures???

should have talked to me before you bought.

Guess who that is up there and ya win a booby prize................... new to me bucket - guess who.jpg

SD&F

I bought an item that you wear in your pants to conceal your weapon. There was this tiny little girl wearing it with her low rise jeans and you couldn't tell she had a .38 in there. It was unbelieveable, so I had to buy it. If the ladies on here don't own one, they should. You can't tell you have a weapon on you and it is not uncomfortable.
It work best with jeans.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is that a pistol in yer pocket or are ya just glad to see me..................
voices coming from the girls for those who haven't a clue as to what that is.​

skyhigh

I bought an item that you wear in your pants to conceal your weapon. There was this tiny little girl wearing it with her low rise jeans and you couldn't tell she had a .38 in there. It was unbelieveable, so I had to buy it. If the ladies on here don't own one, they should. You can't tell you have a weapon on you and it is not uncomfortable.
It work best with jeans.

......................ahhhh nevermind.
:rolleyes:

I'm not even gonna ask for pictures.