• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Now its getting bad

Andy D

SUMMER BREAK?! really? Our kids are out till the end of April. But the end of the school year? Maybe you mean Spring break? I hope. If they are out till the end of the school year, how can they complete their/that grade? Not good. I don't think my (only child) 12 year old can home school herself for the rest of the year. She can legally stay home while I and her dad work, but motivate enough on her own? we'll see, but I'm skeptical. Grandparents all live out of town for us.
No, for the academic year, but I should have been clearer, it's a couple private schools... I'm guessing they will have online school
or maybe adjust summer vacation?!?!

Some school districts are considering closing though:

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03/15/texas-public-schools-closure-coronavirus/

scrip

Was checking some other numbers. An average of 102 people die per DAY in traffic accidents in the US. Has anyone stopped driving? There's other numbers of other deaths, but point is....you're more likely to die in a car crash, from heart disease, from a stroke, etc, etc, etc....

yep its true, but car accidents are not exponential

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Online learning started today. I'm impressed with what they came up with. My daughter has PLENTY of work to do. I had no idea they were doing so much in school during the day. We will all have more appreciation for teachers after all of this.

Andy D

As I might have said earlier on this thread, I'm glad the government is taking this so seriously, even if they are overreacting...
We had serious holes in our system for an epidemic, and the next one could be much worse.
I know I will taking prepping for a disaster much more earnestly & I hope the local, state and federal government does too.

TimToad

Was checking some other numbers. An average of 102 people die per DAY in traffic accidents in the US. Has anyone stopped driving? There's other numbers of other deaths, but point is....you're more likely to die in a car crash, from heart disease, from a stroke, etc, etc, etc....

When is the last time you've seen practically the entire economy go into shutdown phase over car accidents, heart disease or any of the other red herring arguments you're trying to make?

Ever see two cars that aren't moving cause a fatal wreck?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
frogs-plague-vaera-exodus-egyptian-1593x900.jpg

Don't know about vehicles, but yes to amphibians...............

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
When is the last time you've seen practically the entire economy go into shutdown phase over car accidents, heart disease or any of the other red herring arguments you're trying to make?

Well the economy tanking and everything shutting down is panic and hysteria. Not a virus.

TimToad

Well the economy tanking and everything shutting down is panic and hysteria. Not a virus.

Are you suggesting that the precautions people are taking and that the government is forcing upon us aren't legitimate or shouldn't be undertaken?

The "panic and hysteria" is a human condition, that our society seems to run to fairly easily, so folks need to look around and see if they are contributing to that or not.

I'm being careful, trying to limit contact with others, keeping healthy as best I can, shopping in moderation, eliminating frivolous exposure to myself or others, but all in all, I'm not feeling "panicked or hysterical" in any way despite our mayor announcing today the existence of a positive case here in our town of 29,000. We're working inside the shop only, not accepting any walk ins and encouraging folks to order via email and the phone. Seems to pretty prudent and level headed to me.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Here's how I see it. obama was a jerk and a smooth talking liar. He hadda be, how else would someone like him ever get voted in ?? After 8 years of his bullsh!t and totally inept running of the presidency, many think it's now alright to say things they were stifled about saying when he was president and now 110% unleashing on Trump. The quietest time in the last 60 years of people bashing the president while he was in office. The whole country was afraid to speak out for fear of being racist. Now, it's a free-for-all on Trump, regardless of what he's doing. You alone, have called this president so many names, but you think you are in the right, doing so. Good for you mr toad.

Small minded people with blinders on have come outta their shell to bash this president and anything he does. The thing which I find most hilarious is all the double standards the liberals dish out, but cannot see it within themselves. Such narrow-mindedness and mean-spiritedness is just a trait, I never thought would pop up in this country. Yes, there's been all kindsa wrong doings and mistakes made over the years, but this is just pathetic. Then, they say they are Americans, but only support their own agenda, not the country.

Last edited:

dypinc

None of that is contagious. But TDS seem to be and is a real problem for many.

Val47

Online learning started today. I'm impressed with what they came up with. My daughter has PLENTY of work to do. I had no idea they were doing so much in school during the day. We will all have more appreciation for teachers after all of this.
It's true - most of my kids work is submitted online anyway. even the physical projects - they take pictures. I caught my kiddo working on schoolwork just this morning when I woke up (I slept in - I have this week off - unrelated to the pandemic) - she was working on a poem for school. We have another math related project that involves making cookies. that project has been leading up to the cookie making at home. but still. Super fun school. She is sad she cant be there at school (sort of).

TopFliteGraphics

What I want to know is what percentage of the people that have unfortunately died from this virus were lifelong smokers?

China has the highest percentage of smokers in the world. Italy also has a very high percentage of elderly people - many of whom also smoked their entire lives. This disease leads directly to pneumonia in people that do not have the lung and muscle strength to expel their lungs fully. Having had pneumonia once as a child and then once again in my early 20's (due to severe allergies from which I have since "grown out of"), I can tell you, pneumonia SUCKS. It hurts like HELL and takes MONTHS to recover from fully. Odds are if I smoked as a teenager, the episode in my 20's may very well have killed me.

This virus is now here to stay. They rarely ever just go away. If you don't get it now, you probably will in the future (although it may be a mutated version). Stay safe, keep up with good hygiene, and STOP SMOKING! And that includes Vaping too. Don't put shit in your lungs that does not belong there!

WildWestDesigns

This virus is now here to stay. They rarely ever just go away. If you don't get it now, you probably will in the future (although it may be a mutated version).

It is quite possible that this could have been something else that mutated to what it is now as well.

The virus could have been here a lot longer then just this recent episode that has everyone's attention.

Stay safe, keep up with good hygiene, and STOP SMOKING! And that includes Vaping too. Don't put **** in your lungs that does not belong there!

Couldn't agree more. I never really understood the desire to smoke in the 1st place. The fact that it includes chemicals that were used as pesticides, not too sure if that's something worth putting in one's body.