• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona 350GT power on but motion error

Good day. I also have a 350 GT machine and i am also getting the same problem. I have a service key and i tried the test with the carriage and it worked. I problem i believe is the gantry does not want to move which is strange because all the time i was printing with it and was moving as normal and now it does not. I open the gantry motor ans clean the brushes and springs with little compressed air and i changed the brushes as well and still nothing. What else can i do?
Yes. It is fact. Good luck :)

AlsEU

Good day. I also have a 350 GT machine and i am also getting the same problem. I have a service key and i tried the test with the carriage and it worked. I problem i believe is the gantry does not want to move which is strange because all the time i was printing with it and was moving as normal and now it does not. I open the gantry motor ans clean the brushes and springs with little compressed air and i changed the brushes as well and still nothing. What else can i do?
You need to check everything related to the gantry movement. First question - when you restart the machine, the initialization is correct? Do you have any errors during this process? Does the gantry move during the initialization?

ToTo

Professional Support
Using sds key you can check directly last errors. Also you can readout gantry encoders. Check that axle of gantry motors are well tightened.

You need to check everything related to the gantry movement. First question - when you restart the machine, the initialization is correct? Do you have any errors during this process? Does the gantry move during the initialization?
Yes the initialization is correct, only when after i engage the carriage guard then it says printer error. No the gantry does not move. On sds in last errors, it says gantry motion system error, servo following error, servo cant find home.

ToTo

Professional Support
So check linear encoder output in sds.
Also Check led state of both encoder sensors. Look in between table and grantry sides. One is visible from rear, the other one from front. It should be stable green. Orange or red reports a reading issue.

So check linear encoder output in sds.
Also Check led state of both encoder sensors. Look in between table and grantry sides. One is visible from rear, the other one from front. It should be stable green. Orange or red reports a reading issue.
I check it already. my 350 GT only has one encoder sensor so it only has one light on one side. I am only getting gantry motion error

AlsEU

Yes the initialization is correct, only when after i engage the carriage guard then it says printer error. No the gantry does not move. On sds in last errors, it says gantry motion system error, servo following error, servo cant find home.
During the initialization printer moves the gantry a little bit. Is this movement visible? Can you move the gantry using the command from the SDS menu? If you switch off the printer completely, then move the gantry somewhere from the home position, will it return to the home during the initialization?

During the initialization printer moves the gantry a little bit. Is this movement visible? Can you move the gantry using the command from the SDS menu? If you switch off the printer completely, then move the gantry somewhere from the home position, will it return to the home during the initialization?
No it would not move at all when i do any of those things

ToTo

Professional Support
Is power supplied to the motor after setting the finger guard?
If yes, maybe brushes are worn out (which is not common on these type) or the motor is really defective.