• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Colorado - Yay or nay

jasonx

Can you guys print at high quality mode and not get any banding? I had a demo of the machine and the only mode we could get a print without banding was 8 pass specialty mode. Was this an issue with how the machine was operating or is this standard with the Colorado? On paper it fits the bill for us we just need no banding in 4pass high quality mode.

Also on synthetic stock it didn't seem like it was curing 100% was slightly tacky. Again is this a setting with the lamps and platen heaters or just how it is?

CL Visual

Can you guys print at high quality mode and not get any banding? I had a demo of the machine and the only mode we could get a print without banding was 8 pass specialty mode. Was this an issue with how the machine was operating or is this standard with the Colorado? On paper it fits the bill for us we just need no banding in 4pass high quality mode.

Also on synthetic stock it didn't seem like it was curing 100% was slightly tacky. Again is this a setting with the lamps and platen heaters or just how it is?
I had a bunch of samples done with solid greys which are always a nightmare. I also printed some images. Most of the work I plan on putting on there is wall and floor graphics. Also wrapping furniture for events. No stretching but bending around 90 degree corners. The end result was that I could print at 430ft/hr. That's at least twice as fast as my m64 and have the ability to laminate right away.

The only thing I wish this machine had is white. That would be a game changer for window work.

JessicaS

My company just invested heavily in 6 of these.

There is a hefty price tag but the quality and speed are extremely impressive. Our shop has everything from 3.2m Vuteks, 5m Vuteks, various Epsons and HPs and the 1640 has quickly become our favorite printer.

When rush jobs come in and I need impressive quality with ridiculous speed and I don't have to babysit the thing, then the 1640 is the tool for the job.

It's VERY user friendly. I'm not kidding when I say 20 minutes of training is plenty. It easily prints an entire roll AND takes it up on the take up reel perfectly straight without any complaining. Our laminators appreciate that accuracy as well.
Hi Animenick65, can you tell me more about your experience with the Colorado? My company prints gauge faces (speedometers, tachs, etc.) and we are considering getting either the Colorado or Arizona. Does the colorado print opaque black and opaque white? We need specific areas of the face to glow and specific areas to be opaque (not glow). If you wouldn't mind taking a look at the thread I posted, would you let me know your thoughts on whether or not the Colorado would be a good fit for us? https://signs101.com/threads/help-me-find-a-better-printing-solution.152933/#post-1428137

JessicaS

The durability of the gel ink cannot be understated on this machine, basically scratch proof. The quality at the higher speed settings is more than adequate for most jobs and the ink costs are second to none. The more we pondered it the last few months the more of a "no-brainer" it became. I even soaked a small sample piece in gasoline for 30 minutes, along with a solvent print, and a latex print. Understandably the solvent smeared, the latex wiped cleanly off, but the Colorado print was unchanged and still not scratchable.
Snydo, could you take a look at the thread I posted and let me know if the Colorado might be a good fit for my company? We are searching for a better printing solution and we're looking into either the Colorado or Arizona. I'd appreciate any info you can give me, thanks! https://signs101.com/threads/help-me-find-a-better-printing-solution.152933/#post-1428137

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Hi Animenick65, can you tell me more about your experience with the Colorado? My company prints gauge faces (speedometers, tachs, etc.) and we are considering getting either the Colorado or Arizona. Does the colorado print opaque black and opaque white? We need specific areas of the face to glow and specific areas to be opaque (not glow). If you wouldn't mind taking a look at the thread I posted, would you let me know your thoughts on whether or not the Colorado would be a good fit for us? https://signs101.com/threads/help-me-find-a-better-printing-solution.152933/#post-1428137

Send a sample file to Canon and have them print you a sample before you make any decisions. I've made to many mistakes on assumptions of printers and what they can do without proper homeowork. The Colorado does not print white though, so that might make your decision for you to get an Arizona. Look into the AGFA brand as well (Mira, Used 1224 HDC or Titans) I like the overall build and the way the machine runs over the Arizona series. Had a 660xt for 2 years. Got rid of it and got an AGFA Titan HS and never looked back.