• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Official: Whiskey Thread

Printhead

I love me some Glenfiddich or Talisker. Yum, damn fine tasty scotch whiskey, don't put no rocks on that! I just love the subtle taste of single malts, there's no particular reason why I chose those two brands, they just taste good and I know them well.
talisker57degreesnorth_opt2feature.jpg

JR's

gentle mans jack and for mixing Seagram's 7 and seven up. Evan Williams didn't taste good to me it leave a after taste.

JR

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The absolute best whiskey I've ever sampled is...ta da...moonshine. Unfortunately the quality control of the product is usually all over the map. Ranging from engine starter fluid and drain cleaner to the smoothest tastiest whiskey in the land.

There used to be an excellent moonshine that was bottled and properly taxed and all that called, if memory serves, "Platte Valley Corn Liquor". It came in a jug, not a bottle. It was great stuff. I haven't seen it in years but then I haven't looked all that hard either.

As for other libations...

Perfidio tequila, if you can find it, is far and away superior to the Patron et. al. paint removers.

Never having developed a taste for scotch, I dislike it all.

Bombay or Beefeater's gin.

Vodka? Any premium brand will do. The stuff is supposed to be tasteless, so one tasteless is just as good as another.

javila

balvenie-12YO-cl.jpg

This right here. Oh so good.

If I go out to drink it's usually Walker Black, or glenlivet.

And when I'm broke, straight to the Jack Daniels.

Steve C.

Do you mix?.... True whiskey drinkers don't add soda. I prefer Canadian Club
on the rocks if I drink Wiskey. My drink is Brandy srtaight no ice....E&J
"Easy Jesus".

Baz

I allways have a bottle of Jameson at home (not at the shop!) and i also enjoy Glenlivet:thumb::toasting: Straight up with a beer chaser!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For years I drank Wild Turkey 101. About 8 years ago tried Jameson and 2 years later turned to Bushmill. Never looked back, but I won't refuse a Jameson or any other whiskey..... especially if you're buying.

One or two ice cubes and never put anything in it. Don't want to spoil it. Maybe a glass of club soda on the side.

bob's right about the vodka. A man that was a whiskey salesman told us a long time ago, not to spend money on expensive vodka.... it all does the same thing and there is no difference between the true vodkas. It's all advertisement hype and name recognition.

:thankyou: for such a marvelous topic........... :loveya: