• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Official: Whiskey Thread

CrabbyOldGuy

I am reluctant to mention this but I think this is about the longest thread with no angry retorts or name calling. Interesting that it is about liquor and not signs. I guess we all agree on that. All that aside, I favor a good bourbon as much as anyone (except maybe Gino) although unlike him, I still prefer Wild Turkey. Just never made the jump to scotch.

Flame

After a bit of sampling, I am a bit of a Jacks fan. No ice, no soda, no coke (ok... maybe sometimes).

Just straight double shots. Nothing like a full 2 gulps of Jacks and then going back to work on a cold Saturday with no customers. ;)

1banner

Wild Turkey (white label 101 proof) w/ a splash of ginger ale or Wlid Turkey Rare Breed 108 proof. Makers Mark is also an option, especially at Browns game as that is what the bar behind my seats serves...and make it a double!!

thewood

I don't drink the brown liquor much these days. When I do, it's usually Jim Beam with Sprite (never Coke). In the past, I thoroughly enjoyed Makers.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
After a bit of sampling, I am a bit of a Jacks fan. No ice, no soda, no coke (ok... maybe sometimes).

Just straight double shots. Nothing like a full 2 gulps of Jacks and then going back to work on a cold Saturday with no customers. ;)

Whiskey is not about gulping.

Good whiskey is sipped and enjoyed.... first sip til the last sip. I just never found the last sip yet.................. :clapping:

Flame

Whiskey is not about gulping.

Good whiskey is sipped and enjoyed.... first sip til the last sip. I just never found the last sip yet.................. :clapping:

To each their own, I like to feel one big burn then call it good. Unless I'm at the bar I'll sip slowly, but then I always have more than one...

OldPaint

got a long and checkered past in the WHISKEY WORLD.
ive said before MY PARENTS OWNED A BAR!!!!!!!!!!! this happened in 1957, i was 12. the house we lived in was above and behind the bar, so i basically GREW UP IN THE BAR.
as for my own alcohol consumption, my mother was ITALIAN, so we alway had "dago red" wine in the house. and as any good ITALIAN FAMILY does, they allow the kids to drink wine. i think i was buzzed a few times before i hit 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we also always had ANAZET, a clear italian licorice tasting liqueur. similar to OZO, but way less potent. always had BITTERS, nasty stuff we drank for stomach problems.
now with the BAR...........A WHOLE NEW WORLD OPENED UP........TO TASTE))))))
my father was a RYE WHISKEY MAN. i liked that too)))))). segrams 7 was most popular then, 7 & 7 was the drink!!!!!!!
after much experimenting, i settled on J&B scotch and water. drank that for years. biker days, we did a bottle of JACK, hit it, and chase it with SOUTHERN COMFORT)))))))) AND RIDE!!!!!!!
i keep a bottle of GINGER BRANDY, this is my NY-QUIL))))))) and its much better for coughs and upper respiratory colds. and if you consume enough the COLD GOES AWAY))))))

Farmboy

When I was very young and stupid I ruined whiskey for myself for the longest time. I do love 7&7 after a long day. Haven't tried anything straight up in forever. Maybe a sampling of the above mentioned is due. :)

GP

Can beat the price of Jim Beam for those cooler fall mornings.

But, for special times picking by the camp fire with the boys, I like the Bulleit.

Can't drink all day, if you don't start first thing in the morning.

GP

Attachments

• signs101_bourbon.jpg
    signs101_bourbon.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 95

Terremoto

As soon as I scare up enough coin for this puppy I'll be making my own! My wife thinks I'm joking but she has no idea how serious I am about this.

Attachments

• Copper_Still.jpg
    Copper_Still.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

J Hill Designs

If you 'go advanced', there is a paperclip icon in the formatting section of the text box thingy - it's called 'attachments' - using it will make sure that all relevant pictures in a thread stay with the thread for archival purposes - in two years, when the offsite pic is removed from the current host, ppl will see a red 'x' here and not know wtf you were talking about :thumb:

edit: oh and welcome from cali :thumb:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
my mother was ITALIAN, so we alway had "dago red" wine in the house. and as any good ITALIAN FAMILY does, they allow the kids to drink wine. i think i was buzzed a few times before i hit 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we also always had ANAZET, a clear italian licorice tasting liqueur. similar to OZO, but way less potent. always had BITTERS, nasty stuff we drank for stomach problems.

CK Fortissimo...:toasting: ... nectar of the gods...

A+ for Mr. Daniels:peace!: but Southern Comfort is equivalent to ipecac syrup.

Grandparents used to give us wine soda. I think it was Dago Red if I'm not mistaken. It was something no one talked about in front of the youngsters........

Then we had the Anisette cookies for dessert...... mmm-mmm..............

javila

To each their own, I like to feel one big burn then call it good. Unless I'm at the bar I'll sip slowly, but then I always have more than one...

Jack Daniels is a shot or mix drink whiskey. I wouldn't bother sipping it either.

It'd be a travesty to shoot a Walker Black or a Glenlivet though.