Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Composer Import Issue...

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by TheSnowman, Sep 12, 2008.

1. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    I have this stone age piece of trash computer that I still use daily because old customers want the same thing that the previous owner did like, 12 years ago. Whenever I export something from it, into Illustrator, I have to make it a compound path. When I do that, everything is fine, if I'm going to cut it out of vinyl, but my question is what if I want to print it. Here's what I'm talking about. I tried to add color to it, and it did this. Is there anyway around this so I can just easily change the colors?

I just made everything red on here, here's the results.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
    Tags:
  2. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    double objects?? looks like some objects aren't combined....and the text that's all wacky...check your nodes....you might have something in there that you don't know about

3. signmeup

signmeup Major Contributor

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    Wow! That outside furnace would an attractive addition to any home.

4. TheSnowman

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    It's happenin' when I import to Illustrator. I guess I'll have to open up good ole Windows 95, and see if I can figure out what's going on in Composer.

5. TheSnowman

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    Around here...it almost is an outside upgrade.

6. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    If you're getting duplicate paths in Illustrator you may find these downloads in the premium section helpful.

7. _SAi_

_SAi_ Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Regarding the filled-in combined shapes.... try going to the Attributes pane, and with the object(s) selected, click on the button where I have the green arrow pointing. That might do the trick.

Attached Files: