• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OMG Internet Explorer.... DIE ALREADY would ya!

Colin

I quit IE in favour of Chrome a while back, but one thing I find really annoying is when I go to Favourites > Folder > Sub Folder > Web page, then if I want to open another Favourite page in that same sub/sub folder I have to go through all the steps again. I recall IE remembering where you last were; is there a way to have Chrome do that?

royster13

I tried and liked Google Chrome but went back to Firefox because of an add-on called Wise Stamp.....It adds signature lines to my outgoing emails.....I have 50+ signatures....I can pick a specific signature for each email I write or reply to so the signature is targeted to the receiver....

visual800

FIREFOX! IE sucks. There was a small window where FF did wanna act up a lil bit until I go tin there and removed some crap running in it, now its back to normal. IE is still on my comp , in case I have to use it. What ticks me off is I can start FF and it pops right up, I click on IE and all I hear is comp grinding and 4-5 clicks while IE is loading.

As far as google chrome I am not impressed. As a matter of fact im simply sick of everything google.

shakey0818

Funny you bring this up GG.Last night i got aggravated with IE so bad i restore 1 of my old laptops to its out of box state and finally installed Firefox.My roommate kept telling me that IE sucked .i installed Goggle and thought i changed my browser too but nope i didn't.I didn't know that Google ran through IE even though it said it up top.I haven't messed around with Firefox yet but if i like it I'm going to install it on my other 3 computers.

I'd also like to hear Techmans and SignBursts opinion on it.

genericname

I quit IE in favour of Chrome a while back, but one thing I find really annoying is when I go to Favourites > Folder > Sub Folder > Web page, then if I want to open another Favourite page in that same sub/sub folder I have to go through all the steps again. I recall IE remembering where you last were; is there a way to have Chrome do that?

The bookmarks menu in Chrome is a mess, but I think it's because they chose to focus on tags. Instead of wading through tons of folders and sub-groups, just start typing in the name of the bookmark, or tags that you associated to it, and it'll pull it up right away.

shakey0818

I'm on Chrome but can't seem to totally uninstall IE, which I thought I dumped a year ago.
Love....Jill
I dont think you have to dump it
Or should.what I learned is to install firefox then download chrome.I didn't know myself that when I installed chrome through IE that it still ran through IE.Now that I did it through firefox I just deleted the ICon for IE.
Gl Jill & cute new avatar.

ruckusman

IE is garbage, but it has market dominance by default because of M$ Windbloze dominance and that's all I have to say about that

Colin

The bookmarks menu in Chrome is a mess, but I think it's because they chose to focus on tags.

Instead of wading through tons of folders and sub-groups, just start typing in the name of the bookmark, or tags that you associated to it, and it'll pull it up right away.

Type it in where?

qmr55

IE is garbage, but it has market dominance by default because of M$ Windbloze dominance and that's all I have to say about that

Market dominance? No way. In fact, it's been second or third in rankings for a few years now with Firefox and Chrome both being ahead of it in usage now.

Look here.

genericname

I dont think you have to dump it
Or should.what I learned is to install firefox then download chrome.I didn't know myself that when I installed chrome through IE that it still ran through IE.Now that I did it through firefox I just deleted the ICon for IE.
Gl Jill & cute new avatar.

Huh? It doesn't run through IE. I think you missed a step. It's an entirely separate application. Could it be that you just installed the Google search bar in IE?

genericname

Type it in where?

Right in the address bar. When you start typing something that matches a bookmark, it'll show up as an auto-complete result just below the typing area, with a star to the left of it. Just a matter of partially typing in your desired bookmark, hitting down, and enter!

ruckusman

Market dominance? No way. In fact, it's been second or third in rankings for a few years now with Firefox and Chrome both being ahead of it in usage now.

Look here.

I stand corrected and I'm pleasantly surprised, my scornful assessment of the general populace and their intelligence is in need of revision

On a serious note susprised to see just how much it has fallen in usage and how far Google chrome has risen - means I must give it a whirl some time soon

qmr55

I stand corrected and I'm pleasantly surprised, my scornful assessment of the general populace and their intelligence is in need of revision

On a serious note susprised to see just how much it has fallen in usage and how far Google chrome has risen - means I must give it a whirl some time soon

It is crazy, three years and it has taken nearly 40% of the market!

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I'm on Chrome but can't seem to totally uninstall IE, which I thought I dumped a year ago.
Love....Jill

I.E. is integrated into the windows filing system ... when you navigate your hard drive ... that is internet explorer at it's core ... which is why you can go straight from your c: to google.com and vice versa. only way to completely dump i.e. is to go to linux based or mac operating systems. ... or downgrade to windows 2000.

Colin

Right in the address bar. When you start typing something that matches a bookmark, it'll show up as an auto-complete result just below the typing area, with a star to the left of it. Just a matter of partially typing in your desired bookmark, hitting down, and enter!

Cool, thanks. But often one doesn't know the name of a particular link, or needs to see the list of favourites to choose from a list and/or have one's memory jogged. I'll see how Firefox handles it.

ruckusman

I'd like to upgrade back to Windows 2000, never had issues with it and it was rock solid on Silicon Graphics 320 and I mean never crashed in literally years - I could leave it stitching panoramas at 100% CPU load on both chips for 12 hours and wake up to find them finished

genericname

Cool, thanks. But often one doesn't know the name of a particular link, or needs to see the list of favourites to choose from a list and/or have one's memory jogged. I'll see how Firefox handles it.

That's where tags become your friend. It's a pain at first to take the time to input descriptive tags when you just want to hit the "Bookmark that things now!" button, but man does it make life easier in the end.

I think Firefox actually implemented the same thing as well. I used to prefer navigating the bookmark menus myself, but when you have as many as I do, it's much less confusing to navigate by tags, no matter what browser I'm using.

Edit:

Also, you're welcome!

Colin

True, but for me, I often don't remember the specific site(s) I'm looking for, and going through a list contained in a designated folder will help me find it, and lead me to others that I might have not considered.

shrug