• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

one keyboard 2 computers

anotherdog

as a postscript to this, you can run any number of computers from one screen/keboard/mouse using www.logmein.com and there is a free version that works fine. The computers can be anywhere in your location or across the internet. I recently took a laptop on vacation and was designing jobs on the workhorse computer back at the ranch.

signage

Anotherdog this works for remote logon and working but most computers need at least a keyboard for bootup!

anotherdog

Anotherdog this works for remote logon and working but most computers need at least a keyboard for bootup!

I have two computers in my basement that have no screen or keyboard that act as file servers. I can reboot restart though this software with no problems. About once in a blue moon I do have to clear the cobwebs away when they freeze up (it is still microsoft windows after all).:banghead:

I also use my UPS shipping computer remotly too, saves me trekking down the stairs to chase a missing banner.

DRPSignsNGrafix

anotherdog
I use logmin.com for using my computers when i'm not here. It's Great. But it's a lot easier to do the KVM Switch. for this application.

DRPSignsNGrafix

Does your laptop have a Svideo out on it? and does TV have a Svidio in on it? IF so yes you can. I hooked my Laptop up to my TV to watch a episode of a TV show my wife loves that she missed and did watched via the WEB

DRPSignsNGrafix

Yes, U will plug in your S-Video cord into TV and laptop select the Video source on TV and it will show your Laptop screen on your TV. Your all set.

Arstron

I am sure its a little late, but I use synergy on the my laptop and two computers on my desktop. I use my laptops keyboard with a mouse attached to work on all 3 computers. Simply move the mouse to the side of the screen and it switches to the next computer (you set which side of the screen for which computer). I leave my kvm hooked up so I dont have any problems booting, but it never gets used.

Cadmn

you only need Kb if you set it in cmos to test for KB you can set it to not need one. had several that way for use as servers.

Last edited: