• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

one last shot lol

Warlick Designs

I hate hate hate using using people ideas without permission & on top of that I do want to somewhat make my own logo/sign without bringing someone else in.. but after looking at what you guys made I came up with this.. and wanted to make it to see what you guys think about combining the 2..

dont rip on me for using parts of their designs... I wont use this if its a big deal.

Attachments

• blk.jpg
    blk.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 114
  • Untitled-22.jpg
    Untitled-22.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 89

Marlene

Just so everyone knows... I'd take Joe's critique any day of the week...

me too. putting an "end" to this wasn't the best idea as yes, he needs a logo but throwing out something that was about as bad as his ideas and then not wanting any suggestions on how to make it work better just because you are sick of messing around with this isn't how a good logo design gets done. Love Pat's idea and he got the bear in there on the glass and it all looks great and makes sense. the OP's last post was back to blaa and not good again so just what did he get out of all this? not much.

artbot

i'm leaning toward the bear in the window one. use film on the window. but also build a box like in the shape of the bear that sits just inside of the window. it would be a great sample and at night it could light up the window version of the bear. ...would be really eye catching form the road.

player

OK so what would Joe do? That would be good to see. Honestly. I would be very interested in his take, or his changes to existing samples.

Baz

Joe would make it look like a million dollars.

Just my opinion ..... :Big Laugh

C

ColoPrinthead

I hate hate hate using using people ideas without permission & on top of that I do want to somewhat make my own logo/sign without bringing someone else in.. but after looking at what you guys made I came up with this.. and wanted to make it to see what you guys think about combining the 2..

dont rip on me for using parts of their designs... I wont use this if its a big deal.
Please give up using that Fast Signs font, if you like it so much you should just franchise with them. If you don't want to buy a franchise you need to develop an identity that sets you aside from them.

Okay, going back where I'm wanted now. realistically with your current design skills you might be better off with something along the lines of the second one....simple and effective.

You da man, Pat! You design some of most clean, simple, and effective layouts. I love the first one. The bear is a very nice touch.

OldPaint

just amazes me.......guy comes here with a crap design.......2 pages later HE STILL WANTS TO USE THE SAME UGLY FRIGGIN FONT HE STARTED WITH... after 3-4 " wonderful designs are presented to him.......time to stop is when???????????????????

Joe Diaz

OK so what would Joe do? That would be good to see. Honestly. I would be very interested in his take, or his changes to existing samples.
I'm not going to just do it for him for a few different reasons. The first being that the OP has stated on multiple occasions that he doesn't want someone to design it for him, and I learned a while back that doing so doesn't work out so well on here. Also, it's doesn't seem right to promote that design work should have value, but then just give it away for free. So I don't do that anymore, but I have no problem with others that choose to do it for whatever reason.

I was just going to point out that distorting the font like he did made signs a little harder to read, especially on the upper parts of the letters. They appear a little on the thin side. I don't really see a reason to have it dented in from the top. I'm assuming it was done to make space for North State, but it looks forced and awkward to me. If room was needed for North State, perhaps the stars and stripes below "signs" can be removed or modified. I feel like "North State" could be larger, since that is the unique part of the name. I also feel like the grunge/distressed look doesn't work for this type of business, it doesn't matter where they are located. It works for some businesses, but not a sign business imo. It's like your advertising that the graphics you install will fail or unintentionally age early.

I think what Pat has is a great direction though.
:thumb:

CES020

just amazes me.......guy comes here with a crap design.......2 pages later HE STILL WANTS TO USE THE SAME UGLY FRIGGIN FONT HE STARTED WITH... after 3-4 " wonderful designs are presented to him.......time to stop is when???????????????????

Why does that amaze you? He came here, said he didn't think it was right, needed some help, he's taken some advice, he's learning. Learning is a process. You don't magically just "get" the ability because someone on a forum tells you 1 thing. He's apparently struggling with the why's and how's to make it right. But he's trying. He's learning. Why not foster that and understand that he's going through a learning process.

I bet you everything in my wallet that you didn't learn everything the first time it was shown to you. Some things take time to sink in and understand. Just because you say it on the internet doesn't mean the person on the other end is at the place they need to be to receive the knowledge.

I was working on my pilot's license many years ago and when the instructor told me things, that didn't mean that I understood it. It took many hours of flying to even begin to start to understand it all. And even today, many years later, I think I understand it all a LOT better than I did the first day it was told to me.

Cut people some slack and help them learn and understand just because you say it doesn't mean they "get it" instantly.

Baz

Hey OP! .... I am amazed that you still want to stick with the design of your business card .....

Muahahahahahaha! jab jab.

OldPaint

hay baz..........and guess what..........i really dont give 2 schits....what your opinion is.......hows dat? hahahahahahahahaha MOD-Z CHRIS........... HOLLY TABER-KNACK MONA ME.... you crazyyyy frenchman dem dar....hahahahahahaha

DesireeM

The issue is that OP thinks that he's just going to "get" how to design just based on some critique, tips and tricks that he's going to get from this forum. The fact is that it can't fully be expressed in just a few short sentences all of the things you can do right or wrong when it comes to design.

The American and Canadian schools of higher education have concluded that it takes roughly 4 years to fully grasp and learn all of the ins and outs of graphics design and charges tens of thousands of dollars to teach it to us.(Or in the past - equivalent years of on-the-job experience with a skilled mentor to guide you). That includes subtle concepts learned in typography, art history, graphic design history(Bauhaus anyone?) marketing, etc etc etc.....so to think that you can just figure it out...like riding a bike or crocheting is the root of the problem here.

And from the other thread which started this whole ordeal it's clear that he has no plans to educate himself now or in the future and just wants to learn by trial and error. I'm sorry but that may work with fence painting but it doesn't work with this. We may be able to painstakingly walk him through this logo design until something mediocre comes out the other end but it's not going to help him with any future design endeavours.

player

The issue is that OP thinks that he's just going to "get" how to design just based on some critique, tips and tricks that he's going to get from this forum. The fact is that it can't fully be expressed in just a few short sentences all of the things you can do right or wrong when it comes to design.

The American and Canadian schools of higher education have concluded that it takes roughly 4 years to fully grasp and learn all of the ins and outs of graphics design and charges tens of thousands of dollars to teach it to us.(Or in the past - equivalent years of on-the-job experience with a skilled mentor to guide you). That includes subtle concepts learned in typography, art history, graphic design history(Bauhaus anyone?) marketing, etc etc etc.....so to think that you can just figure it out...like riding a bike or crocheting is the root of the problem here.

And from the other thread which started this whole ordeal it's clear that he has no plans to educate himself now or in the future and just wants to learn by trial and error. I'm sorry but that may work with fence painting but it doesn't work with this. We may be able to painstakingly walk him through this logo design until something mediocre comes out the other end but it's not going to help him with any future design endeavours.

+1000

That's what I was trying to tell him before.