• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 24 issue BEWARE!

ikarasu

The sad part is, Onyx will fix these issues in their next major release... And expect their customers to pay to get the bug fixes. Just like the previous versions.
Hah... Good luck! It Took 2 major releases for my bug.

I had an issue since onyx 21.

If you had a cut file where you added bleed via onyx.... It would cut off by however much bleed you added. Or if you added bleed then automatically added cut marks it'd do the same thing.

I emailed them... Took me a few back and fourths and they were able to replicate it. Did it on every printer, every cutter.

My first email and then confirming it's a bug was Nov 2021.

I got an email on Dec of 2023 saying my logged issue was now fixed in the newest release.

I asked if there would be a bug fix or patch for onyx because nothing in onyx 23 was worth me paying 1.5k to upgrade for.... And they said no. I asked for a discount or something because it's dumb that it took 2 years to fix a bug that severely affected my workflow (it did, I had to completely change how I was doing wall panels because of it), and got an offer of 5% off or something so miniscule for upgrading due to being a loyal customer and helping them point out bugs :rolleyes:

I paid and upgraded... I usually pay and upgrade right before a release to stay current, but it was insane that they can put a major bug fix behind an upgrade like that.

Hopefully this bug doesn't take 2 years to fix, and doesn't come at a cost to fix! Paying so much money for software, especially on a yearly basis should.get you quicker bug fixes IMO... The whole point of the "subscription" is so they can continue to improve the software with the money they get.

I'm fine with monthly subs, even fine with insanely priced software, I just wish it came with insanely good / fast support to make it worth while.

CanuckSigns

Hah... Good luck! It Took 2 major releases for my bug.

I had an issue since onyx 21.

If you had a cut file where you added bleed via onyx.... It would cut off by however much bleed you added. Or if you added bleed then automatically added cut marks it'd do the same thing.

I emailed them... Took me a few back and fourths and they were able to replicate it. Did it on every printer, every cutter.

My first email and then confirming it's a bug was Nov 2021.

I got an email on Dec of 2023 saying my logged issue was now fixed in the newest release.

I asked if there would be a bug fix or patch for onyx because nothing in onyx 23 was worth me paying 1.5k to upgrade for.... And they said no. I asked for a discount or something because it's dumb that it took 2 years to fix a bug that severely affected my workflow (it did, I had to completely change how I was doing wall panels because of it), and got an offer of 5% off or something so miniscule for upgrading due to being a loyal customer and helping them point out bugs :rolleyes:

I paid and upgraded... I usually pay and upgrade right before a release to stay current, but it was insane that they can put a major bug fix behind an upgrade like that.

Hopefully this bug doesn't take 2 years to fix, and doesn't come at a cost to fix! Paying so much money for software, especially on a yearly basis should.get you quicker bug fixes IMO... The whole point of the "subscription" is so they can continue to improve the software with the money they get.

I'm fine with monthly subs, even fine with insanely priced software, I just wish it came with insanely good / fast support to make it worth while.
We were told that subscription software would allow the developers to put out patches and updates more frequently and not have to wait for major updates, but this is not the case with onyx.

Subscription software is horrible for the consumer, there is no incentive for the software companies to innovate or provide good customer service, you are stuck paying them every month, they are thriving on your sunk cost fallacy. It was always just a way to provide a steady income stream for software companies who used to have to innovate and update their products in order to get paid.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I thought about that and tried that. However it wasn't nesting, or at least it would not rotate to make use of most of the media... Print is individual jobs was taking up an extra 30 ft of material.

Print individual is how I do a lot of stuff at work on our solvent printer because it doesn't make a difference, on a latex printer it's still spins down the heater and has to reheat itself up for 3 minutes.,. Still better than hitting Print 30 times, but but I'm not willing to waste an additional 30 ft of material on a 90 foot print.

Turns on I never uninstalled Onyx 22.5... so I had to do is open it up and I was good to go!
Damn, was worth a shot/mention!