• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our new location in progress

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Just wanted to post some photos of our new location as it is being built. We are moving in at the end of the month and I wanted to see if you guys had any ideas that you are using in your shops that make the day-to-day of making signs easier. I think it is better to make the changes now than trying to do it once we move in and are working. I've got tables in the store now that I've been meaning to paint for 5 years.

Attachments

• beginning.jpg
    beginning.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 104
  • buildout.jpg
    buildout.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 85

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Don't you have any natural light ??

You're gonna need better lighting in a sign shop than those few fluorescents.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I like the wheels. We have 30' of storefront, so there should be plenty of light. The interior shots were taken at night.

Attachments

• outside.jpg
    outside.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 86

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Install Bay?

Not as it sits. The bay next door used to be a car stereo place and I'm negotiating with the landlord on just their old installation bay. Not sure how much I would use it though. I don't have the skills to install wraps, so I would have to sub-out the install.

copythat

Nice!

Would love to have space to produce our work. Rollers are very important & the lighting like mentioned!

Mosh

I would want a shop area with overhead doors. Where do you paint stuff? What about cutting materials?

wes70

Not as it sits. The bay next door used to be a car stereo place and I'm negotiating with the landlord on just their old installation bay. Not sure how much I would use it though. I don't have the skills to install wraps, so I would have to sub-out the install.

Congrats on the new location!

Regardless if you do wraps or not, as Mosh mentioned, a work area for cutting substrates and vehicle graphic installs would come in handy... don't ya think?

thinksigns

SnowFlake
The panel saw is going in the back room created by the new wall. I'm having a 6'x20' table built, now with wheels, that is going in the middle of the area in the photos.

AUTO-FX

Looking good! Do you have something cool planned for the architectural feature in the back left corner?

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Looking good! Do you have something cool planned for the architectural feature in the back left corner?

No, nothing special. That space used to be an office. It was just cheaper leaving the ceiling height as is instead of matching the rest of the area.

AUTO-FX

No, nothing special. That space used to be an office. It was just cheaper leaving the ceiling height as is instead of matching the rest of the area.

Too bad it's not closer to front - it would make a nice display area, with some directional lighting and stuff.