• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outside Sign Materials Help

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
This is more entertaining than the GOP convention.
Old Paint how come you're not down there protesting with those code pink gals dressed up as big pink naughty parts?

wayne k
guam usa

OldPaint

me going near the republican convention is like a married guy going to stripe club, and trying to find a parking space far enough away so if anyone sees his car.........THEY WONT THINK HES IN THE STRIP CLUB)))))))

visual800

not flaming the OP but I think we get sick and tired of newbies posting for our help and advice and then while we make suggestions they are doing exactly what we said NOT to do. In this job NO MDO and NO FLAT PAINT. Damned if thats not what hes using. We understand your client is buying all materials and what not but you need to tell your client to chill out until you can get a list of the best materials you need.

You would have done better to get a damn sheet of maxxmetal and throw a digital print on it

Marlene

Old Paint & Gino - Where do you live, what state? Gino - How old are you and How long have you been painting. I'm 44 yrs old Sicilian, been doing Martial Arts since I was 8 and am an X United States Marine, this combination for you wouldn't work in your favor. I'm the friendliest nicest guy ever, but I do not appreciate the way I'm being spoken to, and face to face I guarantee this wouldn't be happening.

wow, threats like that are out of line. Gino may come across as a grouch but he is just trying to help. OP thinks anyone who can't paint isn't worth a damn...that's just OP and he tells everyone that.

you don't toss out a threat like that no matter how ticked off you are. what are you going to do? beat up a couple of old guys? will that make you feel better? this is a site where you wouldn't get patted on the head and stroked like a little boy trying his hardest to do what the other kids can do. people here will tell you right out what you are doing wrong and most of the smarter people know this is tough love and a great way to learn.

jviola

Marlene
All I can say is, if you're married or if you were with someone in your family and I said to you, "Marlene, you're really an idiot ya know, that's pretty stupid of you Marlene, pay attention you fool" If your husband, boyfriend or family member didn't interject and tell me I'm speaking out of line, then you were brought up different than me and I'm proud of having manners and class. There's a difference between correcting and helping and rude.

Now......this conversation is over.....done......finito...end. I've said sorry to everyone and thank you to everyone.....OK!?

Last edited:

jviola

I rolled on the Gloss Enamel paint last night on the signs and I'm going down today to see if it needs another coat, it went on thin. Then I'll do the lettering and such. This is the sign they want below.

Attachments

• 4 X 8 Signs number website.jpg
    4 X 8 Signs number website.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 84

jviola

OK, listen..........I can't take anymore of this arguing. I'm sorry to everyone, I'm not beating anyone up, I thank you all. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am sorry for anything.....ok? Let's be friends and move forward.

Thank you!
JV

OldPaint

NOW WE HAVE AN IDEA of what the ****** your tryin to do THANK YOU))))
like i said about the sign being 40 ft up......it will read like a 2" x 3" busness card at full arms lenght!!!! KEEP THIS IN MIND...while you read below.
#1 yellow highlight/shadow DONT DO IT.......just makes it harder to read.
#2 think about increasing the thickness of the TEXT & the graphic,
#3 you may as well not even pt the phone number and web address on the sign
AT 40 FT IN THE AIR NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO READ IT....at the size you have it.
SUGGESTION: increase phone # to fit all the way across the bottom of the sign lose the web address.
jviola, I WOULDNT BE MARRIED TO YOU.........your just not sensitive enough to be my guy))))))))))))))))))))

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, I just like to argue, I guess. :Oops:

Anyway, no hard feelings on my end. It takes one to know one........ :rolleyes:

Anyway, back to your project..... all the stuff you said earlier about this sign and it's distance, so certain things won't matter according to the customer ?? Neither will this sign for the most part. Other than the word 'Spotlight'... it's gonna all get lost as I told you last night. half the stuff we do is seen at great distances and we're using 8' x 16' sign for 3 & 400 feet.

If they gave you the layout, so be it, but if you designed this... you might be in some hot water once it's hung.

Marlene... I'm crushed... grouchy and old...... and this weekend is my birthday.... you just made me feel ancient..... Oh woe is me.... woe is me. :banghead:

jviola

Man, this sure might explain why I like doing Pencil Portraits. I get a picture, I draw it, they frame it, I'm done.

Old Paint.......you sure you don't wanna get married, I'm a damn good cook!

I actually agree with the website address not being on there, but they want it, I told them nobody is going to be able to read it.

No....that's the layout they gave me.

Techman

Who is the master sign maker.. Them or you? All you did was turn yourself into a nephew doing nephew art.

From a non expert sign maker who cannot draw a straight line with a ruler,,

Those smudges will look like smudges from 40 ft.
That frog with the hat will be invisible,
That script font will be unreadable and will not show any power.
It looks like genitalia between the words dance studio.
The phone number is useless and redundant.
So is the web address.

You make the text stronger,,,
Lose the web address and phone number,, it is misplaced on the lay out,,
that info goes on the door anyway..

They will criticize you when someone makes a comment about it. And someone will for sure. A sign is supposed to show strength, permanence and stability. That panel will not show that..

jviola

Thanks everyone for all the help and input. And to my two friends, Gino and Old Paint, I realize that we probably get along really well. I haven't posted anything because I haven't finished the job, I had a massive hernia two weeks ago and haven't been able to do anything, still healing. I'll be finishing up this coming week. Fall is upon us, love this time of year.