• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

panther cutter drivers for coreldraw x3

511graphix

I've really gottin tired of exporting or capying all my work into LXI. and all I am doing is just using the production manager for the cutter is there any to just use the production mamager for X3 only? and back to the panther lol. how can I get the drivers for say the usb or serial port for x3 to straight out. and is there any way to get ASS for my panther/jaguar II 24"

511graphix

get cocut pro for x3,, and a really good name brand cutter,, and away you go.

hummmmm My cutter is a Jaguar II.. known as Panther from SignWarehouse.com. and I have had it for 4 years and it well beat any roland or other 24" cutter out there. and for less money... 600g down force 60ips tru track friction feed.. all I need now is AAS lol but that is only on their jaguar III's.... and all for under 1800 when I bought it.

does the cocut just a plugin for x3
thanks techman

Techman

or other 24" cutter out there. and for less money...

Not a chance,,, WE, the unknown who spent the last ten years working with cutters already know the short comings of those lesser priced off brand cutters.

600g down force 60ips tru track friction

Totally irrelevant. Cutting vinyl only needs around 100.. 500 more won't do a thing for any one except give some bragging rights.

As for speed. Even those that cut at 40 IPS are too fast for about 99% of all cutting jobs. The vinyl can't get out of its own way.

cdiesel

Techman is absolutely correct.. The stats don't mean jack. That said, you can run your panther with Cocut.. we run both of ours with Cocut Pro. Go to www.digitalartsolutions.com and ask for Jack Wiley. He'll give ya exactly what you need.

511graphix

sorry techman...I just get alittle upset when someone says that my cutter is not go enough ( not your words I know) but it like that all the time when ever I talk to someone in the vinyl side of things if its not a Roland or have USA printed all over it. it's just worth a pile of $h@t. this thing is always on its game... right on the money... sorry if I stood up to fast to protect my cutter.. I love it to death!! hell I dont like anyone toughing besides me. unless i have showed them everything about it they really know what there doing.

OldPaint

get upset all you want....fact is fact. as for your plotter comin close to a roland...)))))))))BUT SINCE YOU NEVER HAD A ROLAND.... how would you know any better)))))
ive had 3 ROLANDS UP TO NOW...and the 1ST WAS SO GOOD when i needed more speed i bought WHAT WORKS...
i got a deal on a CX-300 and didnt know what a GOOD CUTTER WAS TILL this one....so you see if you havent ever hada good one...yea that meow meow will do...

511graphix

now dont get me wrong but you wont catch me spendin my money on a bobcat or Lyex... thouse things just suck big time all made by GCC that makes my jaguar II so IDK. O and I have used a Roland.... but they bet the hell of of it and it was junk after they got done with it. I do think that my next cutter will be a Graphtech though

Jackpine

Nick, don't let all the BS get to you. There aren't very many cutters that are made in the USA. I had a Roland PC1000 for 14 years. It was the cheapest at the time retail $4,700. I paid $3,400. Computers were $2,500 for anything that would work with a 40 MEG hard drive. It does not even compare to what is out there today in price or performance. The 1000 had tracking problem and was slow and noisy but that was what was available and it did what it was suppose to do. Today I have a Graphtec CE3000Mk2 for $1,500 new. It cuts circles around what I had. I had a Roland GX24 for 3 months and sold it. The CE and the GX both could contour cut but the Graphtic just did it better. CoCut is a solution and a good one. I get tired about the "old days". It cost a guy at least $10,000 to get into vinyl cutting when it came to be. Most of the suppliers and software were beta quality and cost a bunch. Today's equipment is a bargain. Just my 2 cects worth.

HuMJohn

hummmmm My cutter is a Jaguar II.. known as Panther from SignWarehouse.com. and I have had it for 4 years and it well beat any roland or other 24" cutter out there. and for less money... 600g down force 60ips tru track friction feed.. all I need now is AAS lol but that is only on their jaguar III's.... and all for under 1800 when I bought it.

does the cocut just a plugin for x3
thanks techman
Sorry for jumping in here so late.

I, too, have a Jaguar II, 24 inch (from Sign WareHouse, a "Panther"). This is really a GCC plotter. If you go to the GCC website and register as a member for the GCC Club, you can then download a driver for the cutter, that looks exactly like a printer, to Corel X3, X4, etc.

Another alternative is (under Windows) add a printer that is an HP HPGL-2 to your printers, with a serial port (be sure to set the baud/ handshake options correctly) printer.
As for me, I use CoCut and from within Draw, a single click on an icon (in Corel Draw) and my drawing is in CoCut, ready to be cut, color by color (or all at once, if desired).

R08

I have the 54" version of the panther ( i think). It's made by GCC apparently. They are sometimes sold in Canada under the name Signpal.

Anyways the thing is a workhorse cuts great. Also have a 54" Mutoh 14000 which is also great, but I often cut on the GCC cause it's simpler and more straighforward.
I had two iolines before that and they were the pits. But they made money

Whatever gets the job done!

Anyways, I've used Signlab and Flexi (and others) but for straighforward cutting I use Signtools.
Cut straight out of Corel. I made myself some scripts (which i will share if anyone wants them)
to make things easier. This works so much faster without having to leave Corel.

Urq

I have a lynx 24" that I have had since 99....that is 9 years without 1 problem and I thought it was time to go bigger an better this year and just went with a Q-75 What a difference!!!!!!

511graphix

I have a lynx 24" that I have had since 99....that is 9 years without 1 problem and I thought it was time to go bigger an better this year and just went with a Q-75 What a difference!!!!!!

the Q's are suppose to be sweet! and I plan on getting the Mutoh 1604 and the Q130 and lam. so when ever that day comes I'll know lol..

Last edited:

511graphix

I have the 54" version of the panther ( i think). It's made by GCC apparently. They are sometimes sold in Canada under the name Signpal.

Anyways the thing is a workhorse cuts great. Also have a 54" Mutoh 14000 which is also great, but I often cut on the GCC cause it's simpler and more straighforward.
I had two iolines before that and they were the pits. But they made money

Whatever gets the job done!

Anyways, I've used Signlab and Flexi (and others) but for straighforward cutting I use Signtools.
Cut straight out of Corel. I made myself some scripts (which i will share if anyone wants them)
to make things easier. This works so much faster without having to leave Corel.

isnt that the truth. i hate having to Export everything to LXI to just use the production manager wounld mind to take you up on thouse scripts

R08

isnt that the truth. i hate having to Export everything to LXI to just use the production manager wounld mind to take you up on thouse scripts

Scripts:

Which would you like? Pick one for now and I will show you how to put it on you toolbar as an icon. One click and it does cool stuff.

1. Automatically changes my pagesize to the size my plotter or printer uses.

or

2.Automatically imports your logo into a file (or any predetermined file that you like)

These are not earth shattering but they can get you started making your own scripts.