• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Paying employees to wrap their personal cars to advertise for the company???

Techman

i love it when all the keyboard lawyers get shot down by an individual so astute as to get get the real facts from a real professional.

gnemmas

We don't do full wrap as my installer are not proficient to be profitable.

For you guys do that, do you have a disclaimer, something like:

By wrapping your vehicle, we are not responsible for potentially changing you vehicle registration status, insurance requirement and risk of higher liability........
Initial here X________.

nwsigns

We did graphics for a local contractor whose employees were given a gas card in exchange for having the company logo on their vehicles. They had a very tight contract that went with it that called out all sorts of scenarios they were not to be involved in - including parking outside the strip club. There is a lot of trust involved here since your name is on the line.

eomedia

I'm not sure why you insist on continually being a knob, but ok.

That's why you are wrong. It's only your opinion. Read up on it before writing such non-factual non-facts.

Sorry, I must've missed all of the other definitive answers that have been thrown out here, including yours. You know how you know an opinion based statement? When it says IN MY OPINION.

Advertising on the sides of transit vehicles is big business and all kinds of licensing takes place and paper work is signed. Unfortunate accidents and all liability are taken care of beforehand.

Yeah, you know how much there is for advertisers? Zero. You know how I know this? Oh, I don't know, perhaps I inquired with my INSURER. You, on the other hand, are writing such non-factual non-facts, there, grandpa.

With your way of thinking, the owner is taking advantage of non-professional/commercial vehicles. It might be aggressive thinking, but it's not gonna ride on the roads.

With my way of thinking, it apparently is correct per the follow up from the OP. Oh, and the fact that I make my living in OUTSIDE SALES driving my PERSONAL VEHICLE for another company. And you know who is primarily liable for my coverage? The driver's insurance comes first, and that is when you are WORKING for the company.

So what you've done is commented all over the place with your own, 100% incorrect opinion (non-factual non-facts in your parlance). Your zeal for what appears to be unintentional self deprecation is impressive.

eomedia

Gino,

Take a sip and relax! Those site names are made up for my statement.

So I am driving Chevy CRUZE, with all their logos on 4 sides, I better go re-register, yes siree.

No no no, he's quoting his 100% factual opinion based on his many years of experience in the insurance industry. Better do what he says, he's a random
guy spouting off on the internet.

eomedia

You must live in "small town" America.

I see 4 letter words on cars/trucks out here all the time. Probably daily. And I don't drive that much. Heck, they even have big old ball sacks hanging off the back.

If that crap doesn't go on where you live, I have to honestly say I'm jealous.

I would be impressed by any department that has the resources in this day and age to spend time on something like that, if that is even illegal(?) Seems weird.
Considering the volume of obscene bumper stickers, window stickers, plate surrounds, hitch toppers, etc I can't imagine there is even a law against it. In my opinion. Non-fact.