• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pirated Aurora Graphics DVD's

Techman

ya,, and if a person is pissed off at an author.. he feels justified in in some kind of revenge tactic..

Capital Signs

I was not aware of this, nor am I taking advantage of my "ignorance" of this issue. If I would have researched this better, which I am taking full responsibility for for "not" having researched this... I would have not had made any purchase of this software.

Thanks.

S. Sexton

I was not aware of this, nor am I taking advantage of my "ignorance" of this issue. If I would have researched this better, which I am taking full responsibility for for "not" having researched this... I would have not had made any purchase of this software.

Thanks.

I think you are taking advantage of Aurora.

S. Sexton

A couple of related notes.

It was discussed here a while back, so for those among you who care, be advised that all Aurora Graphics products forbid the transfer of the license to any third party. Buying used software gains you access to the images but you are buying just that ... access without permission or licensed rights.

We used to be a dealer for Aurora Graphics while also being a developer of digital art ourselves. We had a fundamental disagreement though over including user guides with such products. Aurora does not include printed user guides and only recently began making PDFs available at their website. We always include printed user guides ... for two reasons:

1. It completes the product and adds usability and value to it.

2. It can and is used as a barrier against illegal duplication and redistribution.

A lot of our marketing is by telephone contact. I can't begin to tell you the amount of customers we spoke with after selling an Aurora product who were angry with us about the lack of any reasonable way to know what they actually had purchased a license for. Some we spoke with had it sitting on a shelf six months later unused.

From my perspective, I believe that Aurora's products are currently the most illegally duplicated art products on the market. Users recognize that they can get most of their money back by archiving the art on another disk or their hard drives and then selling the original disk(s). So that's what they do. I would guess that for every legal copy licensed there is a spawn of at least ten resales as each buyer does the same thing.

So this has three points ... again for those among you who care:

• Buying used software may not grant you the rights you think you are getting. With software, possession means nothing. License rights means everything.
  • Buying software without adequate documentation, legally or otherwise, may stand as a barrier to you receiving reasonable value for your investment.
  • Aurora Graphics has contributed heavily to their own problem by not protecting their artwork with documentation that would serve to make illegal duplication a more difficult thing to do.

Thanks Fred for the info not that I havent read it here before. I had forgot about reading this before. It will be etched into my brain now hard leason learned.

Steve

Fuzzbuster

Hey many businesses start and fail all the time.
Why not buy what they will never use anymore?

Selling print using pirated software is just the same as stealing.
I for one insist on purchasing ALL software from licenced dealers or directcly with all licence aggrements.

Our corporate customers would fly the coupe if we did anythng else.

Not to mention the fact that software companies spend endless amounts of R & D, time and money to produce the software we all use every single day to make a living.

saving the few bucks to chance the software being pirated isn`t worth it for me

not to mention the lawsuits that could happen if a design went out and produced on pirated software.I couldn`t sleep at night knowing every single piece of my work was done(design or print) illegaly

NOT WORTH IT!!!

cOrKinSA

I think you have your logical wires crossed somewhere.
I am with you on how you feel about Pirated Software but just because "Capitol" saw a good deal doesn't mean he knew that it was pirated. Who on earth would attempt to take such a risk. I know he wouldn't.
Example: I bought a Geo Knight DK16 for half the price as a distributor because of for some unforeseen situations the seller was going through some problems. I didn't take food from anyones mouth with that deal.

Last edited:

rcook99

cOrKinSA
PhD

I with ya on the heat press. I bought a brand new INSTA 228 digital swinger from a linen store in Queens that never used it for less than half price. It was on ebay, pickup only, he bought it do print some copyrighted logos on linen until he found out he could not get the rights to do it so he listed it on ebay. It has been 2 years and still works perfectly.

There are RARE instances where people just want to get rid of S#$T and will let it go because they need the money.

Fuzzbuster

I agree their will be a few rare instances that SOFTWARE will become available for a great "DEAL" that someone cant pass up but... i always say if it`s too good to be true it probably is.

You guys do what you want... by all means...

MY OPINION differs that`s all

Put it this way...

I`ve never had any problems as discribed in this thread with my software or licencing buying direct ,regardless of price.

Kevin T

Buying used hardware is totally different from buying used software. EULA are not in place on hardware like a heatpress, cutter, laminator or printer. But they certainly are to varying degrees on all software. You're comparing 2 totally different things.

If you know the software cost $1000 and someone is offering it for $500 on Ebay don't alarms go off for you? I wonder how many people buy that bootleg crap and if it works just stay quiet about it. But if it doesn't work, or they feel ripped off, all of sudden a sense of moral indignation takes over. hahahaha As far as I'm concerned if you want to buy software through unofficial sources you roll the dice and take your chances. Don't whine about it when you get pinched.

I've been offered everything from Onyx Production House to CS3 Premium and everything in between, it's never seemed worth it to me. Software is a cost of doing business, an expensive one sometimes. Get the real deal and make it possible for the creative people who produce these works to continue to do so.

That doesn't mean you can't get deals elsewhere. I bought 500 4' x 8' sheets of 4 mil coroplast last year for $2 a sheet, now that's a deal and the software police aren't going to be knocking.

Glad you're getting your issue resolved.

Last edited:

Fuzzbuster

Buying used hardware is totally different from buying used software. EULA are not in place on hardware like a heatpress, cutter, laminator or printer. But they certainly are to varying degrees on all software. You're comparing 2 totally different things.

If you know the software cost $1000 and someone is offering it for $500 on Ebay don't alarms go off for you? I wonder how many people buy that bootleg crap and if it works just stay quiet about it. But if it doesn't work, or they feel ripped off, all of sudden a sense of moral indignation takes over. hahahaha As far as I'm concerned if you want to buy software through unofficial sources you roll the dice and take your chances. Don't whine about it when you get pinched.

I've been offered everything from Onyx Production House to CS3 Premium and everything in between, it's never seemed worth it to me. Software is a cost of doing business, an expensive one sometimes. Get the real deal and make it possible for the creative people who produce these works to continue to do so.

That doesn't mean you can't get deals elsewhere. I bought 500 4' x 8' sheets of 4 mil coroplast last year for $2 a sheet, now that's a deal and the software police aren't going to be knocking.

Guess i`m not alone in my thinking:rolleyes:

Kevin T

Guess i`m not alone in my thinking:rolleyes:

Nope:wink: