Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post Covid-19 Opportunities

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by James Burke, Mar 24, 2020.

1. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    I hear ya....most of our work has been related directly to covid19 for hospitals and such. We are being helpful as much as we can, but calling it a cheap sales pitch isn't all of it. Yes its a fine line. Some of us trying to be informative of our status as we can and not trying to make it sound like a sales call.

2. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    News broke this morning that our small city had its first two confirmed COVID-19 cases. The Lawton City Council widened the scope of how many businesses had to shut down or greatly limit their interactions with customers (such as banning dine-in service at restaurants). I'm glad I got my hair cut recently. Barber shops and hair salons were among the additional businesses that had to close. Pretty much everything is going down to essential services only. We've made the argument our business is an essential service for other businesses (since many are needed COVID-19 advisory signs for customers).

We have closed our front office to walk-in customers. We're taking orders and payment over the phone. For small signs, such as banners, we'll set them outside for customers to pick up. We have a couple outside crews available for any emergencies that need a crane. There are some other jobs already scheduled, such as lifting HVAC units onto a roof or changing parking lot lights. But we're going to hold off on the regular new sign install jobs for a while. It's not going to look good for us if we're out and about looking like we're doing business as usual while a bunch of other people are stuck at home either drawing unemployment or burning through all their PTO hours.

3. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member