• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Post Covid-19 Opportunities

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Were getting covid-19 overload from our vendors and people we have never even heard of. Everyday its some stupid email from them about it and I find it a bit distasteful. Its disguised as being helpful but in reality its a cheap sales pitch like every other exploited issue that comes along.
I was going to make some things for it to sell but quickly realized that I dont want to be that guy.
I hear ya....most of our work has been related directly to covid19 for hospitals and such. We are being helpful as much as we can, but calling it a cheap sales pitch isn't all of it. Yes its a fine line. Some of us trying to be informative of our status as we can and not trying to make it sound like a sales call.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
News broke this morning that our small city had its first two confirmed COVID-19 cases. The Lawton City Council widened the scope of how many businesses had to shut down or greatly limit their interactions with customers (such as banning dine-in service at restaurants). I'm glad I got my hair cut recently. Barber shops and hair salons were among the additional businesses that had to close. Pretty much everything is going down to essential services only. We've made the argument our business is an essential service for other businesses (since many are needed COVID-19 advisory signs for customers).

We have closed our front office to walk-in customers. We're taking orders and payment over the phone. For small signs, such as banners, we'll set them outside for customers to pick up. We have a couple outside crews available for any emergencies that need a crane. There are some other jobs already scheduled, such as lifting HVAC units onto a roof or changing parking lot lights. But we're going to hold off on the regular new sign install jobs for a while. It's not going to look good for us if we're out and about looking like we're doing business as usual while a bunch of other people are stuck at home either drawing unemployment or burning through all their PTO hours.