• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Post your scam emails...

Colin

I just got this a minute ago:

Hello,

My name is Thomas Ralph,Am American, but lives and work here in Cyprus .I run a company here in Cyprus. I recently viewed your web page and i was caught up in ordering some of your products,we are located in Cyprus,i will like to know if you have the items in stocks.

DO YOU ACCEPT US ISSUE CREDIT CARD?
HAVE YOU SHIPPED INTERNATIONAL IN THE PAST?
DO YOU HAVE A PERSONAL SHIPPING AGENT?

So kindly get back to me with the right contact person email,phone number and confirmation of your website so that i can place my order quickly,i want you to know that i have my own personal shipping agent that will come for the pick up at your store,please advise so that i
can proceed by going ahead to place the order.

I am waiting anxiously to hear back from you.
Best regard.
From the desk of Purchasing Manager,

Thomas Ralph Holding Ltd
4667, Makedonitissas Ave..,
P.O. Box 24005
1700 Nicosia - Cyprus
Tel.: 357-22841453

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
On 2011-Jun-01 3:24 PM, Rev. William Harris wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> My name is William Harris, Let me know the quote price on the items below as well as the method of payment you accept.
>
> Lettering : Save The Children
> Color : Red on a white background
> Quantity : 40 Banners
> Size : 4x8
> Artwork : Provide
> Indoor : For a long time
> Vinyl Banners
>
> We then can proceed to the next level to get everything in order.
>
> Thank you
>
> Rev.William Harris
> B&H General Manager
> 555 California St,
> San Francisco, CA 94104
> Phone: (415) 746-6633
> Fax: (415) 296-6462
> rwh1964@yahoo.com
> rwh1964@live.com

Price for forty banners 96"x48" hemmed and grometed - full colour is

$12,892.00

Before order can be commenced 100% payment in cash at our address must be received.

Thank you very much.

--
oldgoatroper

-------------------------------------------------

I wonder if they'll even bother replying...

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Anyone wounder why it is always or almost always portrayed as a church. And the product is mostly banners.

fixed.

because that's what the scammers think will be the most believable and trustworthy fronts presented to the intended victims of their scam (us)...

<edit> the address given (no suite #) turns out to be the Bank of America Building... (obviously a misleading address)

Attachments

• 555CalifStSF.jpg
    555CalifStSF.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Colin

Coming across as a church is part of their ploy to come across as trustworthy. I wonder how many people they actually hook with this scam. It's become so ubiquitous it's laughable.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Maybe I'm missing something, but how are these fake church banner scams supposed to work?

We never give legitimate clients any money or any other private details about our company -certainly nothing that could be used to pilfer our bank account or run up charges on company credit cards. A banner inquiry is a pretty lousy phish. The worst case scenario for us would be an employee making some of these banners and causing us to eat the cost of the materials and labor. The only thing the scammers could get out of it is a laugh over a prank, but then how would they ever know the target fell for the prank?

I would post some of these types of e-mails I have received over the years. Unfortunately, I have the reflex action of immediately deleting them. Nearly all are missing the required contact information (valid phone number, address, etc.). And the banner quantities in the inquiries are laughably ridiculous.

Additionally, these e-mails typically have no attached files. A better crafted banner scam e-mail would be written in American English and sound like a legitimate inquiry, like "we need to have one 3' X 8' banner produced." The e-mail would point you to an attached art file which really would be some sort of malware designed to infect a company computer. I haven't seen any of the scammers try that yet.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Here is one from a short while ago............

A request has been submitted for access to the Signs 101 Pricing page by Jason Jones.

Name: Jason Jones

Signs101 Membername: Adtechia LLC

Phone: 813-508-7446
Email: jason@adtechia.com

Verify business license with office before providing access!

* This is an automated message, do not reply.

IP: 69.242.255.196
HOST: c-69-242-255-196.hsd1.fl.comcast.net

MachServTech

Here is one from a short while ago............

A request has been submitted for access to the Signs 101 Pricing page by Jason Jones.

Name: Jason Jones

Signs101 Membername: Adtechia LLC

Phone: 813-508-7446
Email: jason@adtechia.com

Verify business license with office before providing access!

* This is an automated message, do not reply.

IP: 69.242.255.196
HOST: c-69-242-255-196.hsd1.fl.comcast.net

um..... did I miss something here.....I have been drinking so... :help

phototec

I'm going to be $700,000.00 richer now...

My Greetings,
Compliment of the day to you, After several much thinking and meditation, I decided to contact you directly. Though I got your contact through my research for a reliable person to assist me in this transaction . I want to clearly notify you that you are not oblige to reply my mail if you see no interest in it , Your response to my mail would show your decision to collaborate with me in the resolution of the situation around this transaction.

I am Miss Dimitri Adum Helen, I would need your honesty and cooperation in gaining access and making transfer of US$3.500,000 in your country within the next few days for lucrative investment and other profitable business domains. Though the fund belong to my late father which he got from gold and gold dust sales ,which I inherited. Presently the fund is in a security consignment deposited in a security firm here .

My late father actually hide the real content from the security firm officials because they would not have allowed the deposition of cash in the firm according to the firm protocols , My father declared the content as Family Valuables and as the daughter I am the soul beneficiary of the consignment. I want you to know that this transaction would cost some expenses, so note that your willingness to assist me include spending to get all legal documents established in order to gain access to the consignment and the content for onward transfer to your country.

I am willing to give you 15% of the total sum and 5% for any expenses you incur in the process. I would give you the other details on my next mail. I want to assure you that you will never regret assisting me .

If there are areas you find unclear, please feel free to ask me .

Remain Bless, Miss Helen Adum Dimitri.

:omg2:

SherBear

This was in my inbox early this morning:

Greetings,

My name is William Harris, Let me know the quote price on the items below as well as the method of payment you accept.

Lettering : Save The Children
Color : Red on a white background
Quantity : 40 Banners
Size : 4x8
Artwork : Provide Indoor : For a long time
Vinyl Banners

We then can proceed to the next level to get everything in order.

Thank you
Rev.William Harris
B&H General Manager
555 California St,
San Francisco, CA 94104
Phone: (415) 746-6633
Fax: (415) 296-6462
rwh1964@yahoo.com
rwh1964@live.com

I have no idea what they would get out of a scam like this, but I noticed this email is exactly the same as another one posted on here! My first reaction was this is a scam, so I googled it and it took me right to Signs101! Thank you to all of you for keeping us on our toes!!! Together we are powerful!

CentralSigns

Rev Robert Clark

Heres what the scammer says"

Hello Owner/Manager
My name is Rev Robert Clark I am with the Presbyterian Church of God And I will like to Order a Product Call Banner Or any Banner product you have Available to ship it to Presbyterian Church And I need the Price of the Sizes below:

5 pieces of 36 x 72
5 pieces of 24 x 96
5 pieces of 36 x 60
5 pieces of 36 x 120
5 pieces of 48 x 48
5 pieces of 48 x 96
5 pieces of 48 x 144

with grommets(metal holes)

PRINT ARTWORK
Pray Without Ceasing And Worship The Lord Your God In A True Way.....

White With Black Text
1 Side print

Kindly email me the pick up quote for pieces of each banner because after i have received the total i will send you the contact details of the shipping company i will be using so that you will contact them and get me the shipping charges and i will make the full payment for the banners and shipping to you for you to start my order.i will like to know the price excluding shipping.I will like you to send me an email response with the picked up price for each size and if you don't have this size or type available kindly email me with the sizes you have available.

WHAT TYPE OF CREDIT CARD DO YOU ACCEPT?
ARE YOU THE OWNER?
.Kindly respond to me as soon as possible for us to proceed further with
the order.

Thank You,
Rev Robert Clark.

They find you by trolling websites, that's how the lord found me, for this christly task. Who says religion isn't good for business.

Last edited:

2B

Got this one in today,

Hello,
My name is Lionel and i want to make a inquiry of some Banner,the type of banner i will like from you is vinyl and the size i want is 24"x60" and what i want the banner to say is Christian Methodist Church.The color of Background i want is Yellow and the text to be somehow Red.So can you please get me some price for a Quantity of 100 banners and please advise me the Payment method you do accept and also how long will it take you before getting me those banners for pickup to be Schedule.Please advise to my email as soon as you received this email.
Thank You Very Much.
Regards
Lionel Robbins

reply we got after stating new customers are 75% cash deposit

Attention ,
Thanks you very much for the time and patient you had for me regarding my order,i really do appreciate your concern about my order and i am also ready to proceed further to complete this transaction.I am ready to make payment for the order so that you can have them ready for me but unfortunately i will not be able to come for the pickup, because i will not be available during that time, so i will like to recommend you to a shipping company whom i want to be responsible for the shipment.Below is their contact address and details about the order which you need to send to them so that they can quote you on the order.

NAME OF SHIPPERS: Federf carrier shipping company
Contact Person: Mr,Frank
Contact Email: globalshippinglines@ymail.com

You have to send them an email with the dimension of the order,where the order will be pickup that is your address and where it will be delivered to which is listed below..

Delivery address: Street Address
Novarastrasse 2 Postfach
City: Basel
Country; Switzerland
Postal/Zip Code: CH-4002

I will be very grateful if you could send them an email with all the required information and request for a quote on behalf of me so as soon as you send them an email please email me back with a copy and again when you hear back from them let me know with the quote so that we can proceed further more.
Waiting to hear back from you.
Best Regards.

Colin

In this mornings inbox:

I would like to place an order with you to Cyprus. i can handle pick up from your door step. Also, let me know what type of Credit Cards you accept for payment. {Visa / MC / Amex / Discovery}.

btropical.com

Hello Owner/Manager
My name is Rev Robert Clark I am with the Presbyterian Church of God And I will like to Order a Product Call Banner Or any Banner product you have Available to ship it to Presbyterian Church And I need the Price of the Sizes below:

5 pieces of 36 x 72
5 pieces of 24 x 96
5 pieces of 36 x 60
5 pieces of 36 x 120
5 pieces of 48 x 48
5 pieces of 48 x 96
5 pieces of 48 x 144

with grommets(metal holes)

PRINT ARTWORK
( Pray Without Ceasing And Worship The Lord Your God In A True Way.....)

White With Black Text
1 Side print

Kindly email me the pick up quote for pieces of each banner because after i have received the total i will send you the contact details of the shipping company i will be using so that you will contact them and get me the shipping charges and i will make the full payment for the banners and shipping to you for you to start my order.i will like to know the price excluding shipping.I will like you to send me an email response with the picked up price for each size and if you dont have this size or type available kindly email me with the sizes you have available.

WHAT TYPE OF CREDIT CARD DO YOU ACCEPT?
ARE YOU THE OWNER?
.Kindly respond to me as soon as possible for us to proceed further with
the order.

Thank You,
Rev Robert Clark.

sardocs

Hello this harry john how are you doing today i am down with diagnosis of cancer of the lungs as such i had to
spend some time in the intensive care, do you do truck lettering and are you the owner or manager, i now live
here in town so it would be better for me to lettering my 2005 GMC truck Sierra 1500 VIN
1GTEC19TX5Z355552 here and i would have the truck towed down to your workshop for the lettering ,thats
why i am contacting you for the lettering,can you do the lettering for me,and what type of credit card do you
accept,

Regards
Harry,

Colin

From this morning:

Hello,

My name is Thomas Ralph,Am American, but lives and work here in Cyprus .I run a company here in Cyprus. I recently viewed your web page and i was caught up in ordering some of your products,we are located in Cyprus,i will like to know if you have the items in stocks.

DO YOU ACCEPT CREDIT CARD?
HAVE YOU SHIPPED INTERNATIONAL IN THE PAST?
DO YOU HAVE A PERSONAL SHIPPING AGENT?

So kindly get back to me with the right contact person email,phone number and confirmation of your website so that i can place my order quickly,i want you to know that i have my own personal shipping agent that will come for the pick up at your store,please advise so that i
can proceed by going ahead to place the order.

I am waiting anxiously to hear back from you.
Best regard.
From the desk of Purchasing Manager,

Thomas Ralph Holding Ltd
4667, Makedonitissas Ave..,
P.O. Box 24005
1700 Nicosia - Cyprus
Tel.: 357-22841453
Email:thomasralph@in.com

Diplomatic Courier Service

sar bossier

I havent had a pennsylvania relay call in a while. Are they still doing that one? You know the one where they have a supposed tele type person calling for someone who is deaf and in another state?

YEP:

Hello Good Day How are you today?Am Ted Williams I do Hear impaired that you are very good in Auto graphics Signage Design and i`ll be needing your help. my uncle just bought me and my husband a new car for our 10th year wedding life celebration and the cars are 2007 Toyota Camry and Cadillac escalade the both cars are in VA with the shipper though we live here in the states, but my husband is presently out of the states two weeks ago and i want signage and graphic design down on both cars that's is why am sending these mail regarding the signage and i want the cars delivered down to your shop so you can handle the auto signage as i have being informed you're very good in doing that hope you can do that for me.also i want the cars shipped straight to your shop for the signage in good and for the job and i want flames and bubbles with our names on the both cars ....flames design on the Camry and bubbles on the Escalade.kindly get back to me with the price quote for the job and i'll like to no the major types of credit card you do accept for payment and i need to have your name and shop address so that i can forward that to the shipper so they will have the car deliver to your front shop latest next week Monday.

ATTENTION: SCAM ALERT!!

SignaramaFL

YEP:

Hello Good Day How are you today?Am Ted Williams I do Hear impaired that you are very good in Auto graphics Signage Design and i`ll be needing your help. my uncle just bought me and my husband a new car for our 10th year wedding life celebration and the cars are 2007 Toyota Camry and Cadillac escalade the both cars are in VA with the shipper though we live here in the states, but my husband is presently out of the states two weeks ago and i want signage and graphic design down on both cars that's is why am sending these mail regarding the signage and i want the cars delivered down to your shop so you can handle the auto signage as i have being informed you're very good in doing that hope you can do that for me.also i want the cars shipped straight to your shop for the signage in good and for the job and i want flames and bubbles with our names on the both cars ....flames design on the Camry and bubbles on the Escalade.kindly get back to me with the price quote for the job and i'll like to no the major types of credit card you do accept for payment and i need to have your name and shop address so that i can forward that to the shipper so they will have the car deliver to your front shop latest next week Monday.

ATTENTION: SCAM ALERT!!

its funny how all of these "hearing impaired" folks want bubbles on their cars.... i got one a few months back same thing, but it wasn't through email they actually called the shop

sar bossier

its funny how all of these "hearing impaired" folks want bubbles on their cars.... i got one a few months back same thing, but it wasn't through email they actually called the shop

Yes ... They sent this first ... went to spam (I delete without looking). They called a few days later (RELAY CALL!!) asking if I got the e-mail. I had them re-send it, then informed them we were a CASH ONLY business (will I go to hell for lying to a scammer?), he hung up without another word.

SignaramaFL

Yes ... They sent this first ... went to spam (I delete without looking). They called a few days later (RELAY CALL!!) asking if I got the e-mail. I had them re-send it, then informed them we were a CASH ONLY business (will I go to hell for lying to a scammer?), he hung up without another word.

nah I don't think so, that's a good idea to tell scammers though!