• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Postcard Layout

Locals Find!

Here is a postcard layout I just finished and sent to the client for approval. Without trashing the clients name this time.

Can anyone provide some feedback on anything I could do to improve upon it? I want to make sure its a good as I can make it.

Edit: Before someone points it out. I know the image has a watermark on it. I am not purchasing it till the client approves it and we are ready to go to press.

Attachments

• side1-postcard-eddmr.jpg
    side1-postcard-eddmr.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 127
  • side2-postcard-eddmr-edited-s101_copy.jpg
    side2-postcard-eddmr-edited-s101_copy.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Locals Find!

Didn't catch the hyphenate part. That what I get for letting illustrator do the justifying for me I guess.

The crowded comment. Any suggestions how to pack all that necessary info in to such a limited space better? I am not opposed to anything at this point. I just gotta make sure the info can be read by people without their glasses. (This is Florida)

HulkSmash

It's REALLY cluttered.. try simplifying it. If you send post cards out that full, no one is going to read it.. i promise. Everything is all over the place, and has no flow.

wildside

i would pitch it in the trash, waaaaaayyyyyyy too much info on their, no call to action, but then i didn't read it either:Big Laugh

here's one we did not too long ago

Attachments

• kindel.jpg
    kindel.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 85

Locals Find!

i would pitch it in the trash, waaaaaayyyyyyy too much info on their, no call to action, but then i didn't read it either:Big Laugh

here's one we did not too long ago

I like what you have done. I do similar things for Real Estate and others.

This one is hard because he is selling an inspection that most people don't know about or understand. So, I have been tasked with trying to educate the consumer a bit on what he is offering. So, they realize what he is actually offering.

Locals Find!

I tried to correct a few things that were pointed out. The front, I wasn't really looking for people to read all that. Mainly the headlines. I want them to flip to the backside.

Attachments

• side1-postcard-eddmr-edited.jpg
    side1-postcard-eddmr-edited.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

iSign

Bad doesn't give me any direction on what to fix.

No, but a consultation fee will...

Otherwise get busy doing more attempts... You do the work, we do the (sometimes) gentle nudging in one design direction or another...

Locals Find!

No, but a consultation fee will...

Otherwise get busy doing more attempts... You do the work, we do the (sometimes) gentle nudging in one design direction or another...

Hey Doug, Not asking for anyone to hold my hand here. Just a nudge in which direction I should be focusing on. I mean if the backs good. I can leave it alone and start tearing up the front or tearing up both if necessary.

a couple general tips for effective direct mail postcards.

instead of squeezing a ton of info onto a small card, first minimize the info you include... this is not your entire sales presentation but rather one part of a marketing/sales campaign (make sure to think through the entire campaign and how this piece will fit into your strategy and what you are trying to achieve with it). be clear about what you are trying to achieve with each piece and make them part of an overall planned sales strategy.

larger postcards are easier to read and harder to ignore.

use color, graphics and quality printing..all of these items can increase the chances of your mailer being noticed..the reality is a high percentage will receive a glance and not much more before hitting the trash...use all of the tools available to you to increase the chances that your advertisement will be noticed.

obviously put your company name/logo on both sides of the postcard, keep your branding consistent.

in my experience it is worth the investment to invest in information (lists, etc) that allow you to target specific demographics versus a shotgun approach hoping that the same ad will appeal to all people. taylor your ad for each targeted demographic, (if doing a piece for your own company..take the time and effort to collect data about your clients, what industry they are in, etc so that you can target specific segments of your customer base at strategic times, for example create a piece targetting schools and all of their sign needs and send it out to them 6-8 weeks prior to when they regularly are purchasing signs (back to school, etc) so that you are the company that they are associating with that need versus them searching for someone to fill the need once they begin to think about ordering.

consider strategies that encourage the recipient to retain your postcard, for example..present this postcard and save X% off of your order,'enter this code and save x%', all of these strategies increase your chances of successs and exposure of your company (which are all opportunities for the customer to consider what you are offering, think about your company, reinforce exposure to your brand name..etc).

tips for this piece.

reduce the content, it is overwhelming..people will not read all of it..presenting a wall of words will most likely discourage ppl from reading it...they simply 'tune out'.

an instant sign of a rookie designer is to design to the edge of your boundaries (page/substrate/website/whatever)..it looks less than professional and is difficult to read.

when enlarging text do so proportionately..do not stretch text vertically without enlarging it proportionately horizontally..it can be done successfully by seasoned designers, in certain situations and still look presentable..but most less experienced designers should avoid doing so, in my opinion.

i would rework the content/copyrighting on this piece, i would rework the spacing, and i would NEVER recommend putting the customer's name and contact info out for the world to see..we've had more than one incident on this forum where people have found it necessary to contact the customer and alert them to the thread..as much of a beating as you take on here..no one needs that kind of a beating, imo.

and yes i am available as a consultant to help ;)